PDA

View Full Version : My life feels strangely vacant now

gabosaurus
12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I have spent much of the last 12 months working almost non-stop on masters dissertation. It was a seemingly endless process involving countless hours of interviews, research, writing, etc.
I turned it in a couple of days ago. It was approved for submission today.

For the next month or so, I don't have class or any type of work to do. Not a single thing. I have no idea of what to do with all my time.
Boredom sucks.

Kathianne
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I have spent much of the last 12 months working almost non-stop on masters dissertation. It was a seemingly endless process involving countless hours of interviews, research, writing, etc.

For the next month or so, I don't have class or any type of work to do. Not a single thing. I have no idea of what to do with all my time.
Boredom sucks.

Congratulations.

Pale Rider
12-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Boredom sucks.

Well... now it's time for you to do something you'd "like" to do, instead of something you "have" to do. You've earned it. :D

Mr. P
12-14-2007, 07:20 PM

Boredom sucks.

Yes it does...no worries Gab..soon you'll get back to normal and feel at home just veggin, it's the liberal way ya know? :poke:

Seriously, congratulations! I know the 'feeling' you're having, been there...it fades.

manu1959
12-14-2007, 07:22 PM

Boredom sucks.

i remember that crash.....i look back on it as euphoria......congrats......

Kathianne
12-14-2007, 07:28 PM
i remember that crash.....i look back on it as euphoria......congrats......

LOL! Me too, I went back to school. ;)

manu1959
12-14-2007, 07:30 PM
LOL! Me too, I went back to school. ;)

i can't think of anything worse.....

gabosaurus
12-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I plan to do a ton of vegging during the winter break. I have to complete the clinical hours needed for my masters beginning mid-January. I also have to do a seminar in crisis management.
The real world beckons me the first week of April. I begin my first full-time job as a secondary school counselor for at-risk students. Our new house in Orange County should be ready to move into by the first of May. Which is about the same time as we take the final step in the adoption process. Fingers crossed and God willing, my husband and I should have a daughter by the first of June. :)

Kathianne
12-14-2007, 07:41 PM
i can't think of anything worse.....

Shoot, I'm going for a MA in history as soon as I can find the institution willing to finance. I may have a combo MA/Phd with U of I in the offing. Should take 5-6 years for both. Just in time to be an adjunct prof when I'm too old for middle school. ;)

Pale Rider
12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Fingers crossed and God willing, my husband and I should have a daughter by the first of June. :)

Hell Gab... you'd better be RELISHING that board feeling... :laugh2: