PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 2008

Yurt
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Installing.....long install, but I really like that the new games are on DVD so you don't have to install with 46 discs. This will be my fourth TW, 2005, 2006, 2007 (don't buy 2007, at all)

*****DO NOT INSTALL THIS GAME*****

As of now, I have 3 crashes, the last serious. Install at your own risk.

manu1959
12-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Installing.....long install, but I really like that the new games are on DVD so you don't have to install with 46 discs. This will be my fourth TW, 2005, 2006, 2007 (don't buy 2007, at all)

have 2008 on xbox 360...lots of fun...unfortunately there is a bug.....no on xbox live so they game prtty much sucks now....

Yurt
12-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Yes, bug, big time on PC too.

*WARNING*

Do not buy this game and install on your PC. IT WILL CRASH YOUR PC

Fortunately, I have a good system and know a thing or three about computers and managed to save my PC, however, it crashed it 3 times. yeah, yeah, I kept going back for more to try and pin point where in the game it crashed. DO NOT repeat my mistake.

I emailed EA sports about this issue. Also, I checked the gamespot forum and someone else has this problem, unfortunately, there are no replies as to solution.

At least I "surfed" today....

Yurt
12-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Ok, the help I got from the online support is worthless. So, a glutton for a punishment, I went back to BB and exchanged the game, hoping against all odds that it was just a bug on that particular install. Uninstalled, re-installed, CRASH.

I am going to have to call EA now, I really hate this, a waste of time.

Btw, have always thought it would be fun to have Xbox or PS, which do you recommend?

Yurt
12-26-2007, 07:30 PM
It appears that it is my computer. Not the game.

Yurt
12-28-2007, 05:53 PM
I hate eating leather. But, I must admit that problem was not with the game, it was my computer/cpu fan housing. I did inform EA and sort of apologized for my wee tirade against their game.

Me thinks when I get my new fan bracket, I will have no problems.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Just bought it for my PSP...played 3 rounds...started the season....screen blacked out after 10 holes in the 4th round....

The minute I put the disc in, there was an update.....

Great game, so far.....except for the blackout.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Ok, the help I got from the online support is worthless. So, a glutton for a punishment, I went back to BB and exchanged the game, hoping against all odds that it was just a bug on that particular install. Uninstalled, re-installed, CRASH.

Btw, have always thought it would be fun to have Xbox or PS, which do you recommend?

xbox 360....ps3 just doesn't have many games.....and yes i have both....

hi my name is clay and i have a gaming problem...:laugh2:

dan
01-11-2008, 09:20 AM

XBOX definitely.

If you're looking for that game specifically, it might be good for you to get a Wii. They're cheaper, and the game is more "interactive", in that you actually have to swing your controller like a club. But, they don't play DVDs.

Yurt
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
xbox 360....ps3 just doesn't have many games.....and yes i have both....

hi my name is clay and i have a gaming problem...:laugh2:

http://rebelpixel.com/photos/ipap-photos/lighter.2002_0129_013251.jpg

Since I care about you, I will gladly take one of those consoles off your hands :laugh2:

Yurt
01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
XBOX definitely.

If you're looking for that game specifically, it might be good for you to get a Wii. They're cheaper, and the game is more "interactive", in that you actually have to swing your controller like a club. But, they don't play DVDs.

Ok, I like the Xbox, but the PS2 has really good graphics and I think someone said it can play blue ray discs?

the prices are going down, so maybe i can convince the misses..... :terror:

manu1959
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Ok, I like the Xbox, but the PS2 has really good graphics and I think someone said it can play blue ray discs?

the prices are going down, so maybe i can convince the misses..... :terror:

ps3 has really good graphic and can play blue ray but not many games still.....ps2 ok graphics can not play dvds lots of good games still.....xbox 360 good graphics and can play dvds but not blue ray best games imho......old xbox.....no more games being made and can not play dvds.....wii fun but basically a kids machine and can not play dvds....

and yes i have them all......hi, my name is clay.......

Yurt
01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
got my new cpu fan bracket today, installed and played the game for 30 minutes, no prob.

love having a friday off....

oh yeah, so my rant about the game appears to be .........hmmmm, not technically right....