PDA

View Full Version : Lounge

Yurt
12-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I often post here, in the *deep voice* lounge. Feel comfortable here. I imagine plush couches with an indigo hue. I imagine a perfectly made margarita. Not to sour, just right, and the lime is fresh. Chillin'

If I had a perfect lounge, I would imagine:

couches, low and long. earth colors, soft, some leather, some not, to please all. coffee, drinks, and lots of non-alcoholic drinks. wife doesn't drink and i go out of my way to find her great non-alcoholic beverages.

low lights, low music, jazz, but not too modern, just smooth jazz. norah jones is my fixAtion.

how bout you guys?

Kathianne
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I often post here, in the *deep voice* lounge. Feel comfortable here. I imagine plush couches with an indigo hue. I imagine a perfectly made margarita. Not to sour, just right, and the lime is fresh. Chillin'

couches, low and long. earth colors, soft, some leather, some not, to please all. coffee, drinks, and lots of non-alcoholic drinks. wife doesn't drink and i go out of my way to find her great non-alcoholic beverages.

low lights, low music, jazz, but not too modern, just smooth jazz. norah jones is my fixAtion.

how bout you guys?

Agree with jazz, though I imagine some classical. None of the rock, sorry SE. Your color scheme and materials work for me, though I'd like some artwork to brighten things up a tad, say a mix of Manet and Monet? Some Bailey's and coffee would be nice. Smoking allowed, as the ventilation system is very high tech. Free wi-fi.

Pale Rider
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM

how bout you guys?

Sounds like the Fireside Lounge in the Peppermill here.

dan
12-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Lots of pillows, padded floors like in the Playboy Mansion. As opposed to jazz, I'd offer some chill electronica (Morcheeba, Thievery Corporation, etc.). Full bar, including non-alcoholic drinks. Earthy lighting, maybe a hookah or two.:cool:

hjmick
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Bill Murray singing cheesey top 40 hits while I get drunk.

Mr. P
12-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Nice soft piano music.

Yurt
12-14-2007, 11:51 PM
piano music, there is no replacing it. it is pure. and belongs in the lounge.

Said1
12-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Yer all starting to sound like a bunch of pretentious moonbats. If I want non-alcoholic drinks and light jazz, I'll go to Starbucks. :laugh2:

dan
12-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Yer all starting to sound like a bunch of pretentious moonbats. If I want non-alcoholic drinks and light jazz, I'll go to Starbucks. :laugh2:

I'd invite you to my lounge, but we have a strict policy, no dirty Canucks allowed. Sorry!:finger3:

Said1
12-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd invite you to my lounge, but we have a strict policy, no dirty Canucks allowed. Sorry!:finger3:

As if.

Abbey Marie
12-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Ooh, let's go basement retro. Knotty pine walls and a keg.

Yurt
12-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Ooh, let's go basement retro. Knotty pine walls and a keg.

those walls don't look like "paneling" do they?

Yurt
12-15-2007, 10:35 PM

With the rare exception, there are NO dirty canadians. eh.

Abbey Marie
12-15-2007, 10:35 PM
those walls don't look like "paneling" do they?

Ha. Exactly like paneling.

Yurt
12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
tonight:

soft music, low lights, lots of space with soft couches.

Abbey Marie
12-15-2007, 10:38 PM
tonight:

soft music, low lights, lots of space with soft couches.

Wow, Yurt, it sounds like a serious make-out session is on the agenda. :coffee:

Yurt
12-15-2007, 10:42 PM

its all gooood, abbey. what would you like with your coffee?

:coffee:

shattered
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM

Sounds like just the place for NM, RSR, and Acts to feel right at home. Can we lock them in?

hjmick
12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Sounds like just the place for NM, RSR, and Acts to feel right at home. Can we lock them in?

The walls aren't padded. ;) :laugh2:

gabosaurus
12-15-2007, 10:53 PM
I was in a "lounge" today. A large, spacious room with a huge picture window on one side. Decorative chandelier type lights. Huge dining area. Home theater system with plenty of seats. Cool sound system. Obligatory pictures from an African safari and fishing trip to Alaska.
Nora Jones was missing. I suppose she was unavailable.

gabosaurus
12-15-2007, 10:55 PM

You wouldn't find Nevada there. He would never cheat on Pale. :)