PDA

View Full Version : The Holiday Inn express candidate

12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZjM3Zjg5NWYxOGRkNzdmOWY3ZTU4ODQ2OGEyMzRkZmU=

An article on Mike Huckabee's foreign policy experience. Its summed up in a quote he made to Imus:

And the ultimate thing is, I may not be the expert that some people are on foreign policy, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.”

Im all for a good joke. But i dont see how deflecting serious questions on foreign policy experience with a joke is going to make you come across well.

Kathianne
12-15-2007, 05:55 PM
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZjM3Zjg5NWYxOGRkNzdmOWY3ZTU4ODQ2OGEyMzRkZmU=

An article on Mike Huckabee's foreign policy experience. Its summed up in a quote he made to Imus:

Im all for a good joke. But i dont see how deflecting serious questions on foreign policy experience with a joke is going to make you come across well.

I can't rep but would! :clap:

12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I can't rep but would! :clap:

Thanks, the rep doesnt matter that much to me. This country, however, does. The more I learn about Huckabee, the more I think that the Republican party, and more importantly this nation would be serverely hurt by him.

However, I dont think he will win in Iowa. I dont think he will get the nomination.

Kathianne
12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks, the rep doesnt matter that much to me. This country, however, does. The more I learn about Huckabee, the more I think that the Republican party, and more importantly this nation would be serverely hurt by him.

However, I dont think he will win in Iowa. I dont think he will get the nomination.

I'm hoping he won't win the nomination, he may well win Iowa.

stephanie
12-15-2007, 06:22 PM
The lamestream media...made him up..

And it looks like their getting ready to take him down..
From a lot of stuff I've seen today, quite a few have been negative

Go Thompson/Hunter..:cheers2:

Yurt
12-15-2007, 06:57 PM

Yeah, that is a strange thing to say. I don't think it is good form to joke about such serious issues.

glockmail
12-15-2007, 08:10 PM

I just think he has a sense of humor. Just like the Chuck Norris ads. He's trying to gain friends, not answer questions to someone who's trying to play "Gotcha".

12-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I just think he has a sense of humor. Just like the Chuck Norris ads. He's trying to gain friends, not answer questions to someone who's trying to play "Gotcha".

well i want someone in office who cares more about solving problems then using his political power to make friends.

glockmail
12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
well i want someone in office who cares more about solving problems then using his political power to make friends. You have to make about 90 million freinds before you can get into the office.

12-15-2007, 08:44 PM
You have to make about 90 million freinds before you can get into the office.

no. you just need 90 million people to agree with you more than the other guy.

Yurt
12-15-2007, 08:48 PM

Is that all you care about? Friends? So this guy is "cool" because he is just trying to make friends?

5stringJeff
12-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Here's more on Huckabee's foreign policy (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=9732).

glockmail
12-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Is that all you care about? Friends? So this guy is "cool" because he is just trying to make friends? Not at all. This guy needs to appeal to young voters, and humor is an excellent way to do that. Compare his approach to Shillery's.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Not at all. This guy needs to appeal to young voters, and humor is an excellent way to do that. Compare his approach to Shillery's.

Good point. Hillary is like a nagging wife. Who the hell wants that as President?

glockmail
12-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Good point. Hillary is like a nagging wife. Who the hell wants that as President? Hucabee has a personality. That means he can be serious as well as a cut-up. Its a long campaign and if the guy's not serious all the time I find that to be refreshing. Lighten-up you Policy Wonks!

red states rule
12-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Hucabee has a personality. That means he can be serious as well as a cut-up. Its a long campaign and if the guy's not serious all the time I find that to be refreshing. Lighten-up you Policy Wonks!

Hillary is a s funny as a train wreck