PDA

View Full Version : I am reading Huckabee's bio

12-15-2007, 06:58 PM
on Wikipedia. I know its not the most reliable site, but there is some interesting things. For one his supports keep saying how he was able to beat the Clinton machine again and again to win. But he apparently was hiring Clinton advisors and running as a moderate to win the Liutenant governors spot. He then was sworn in as governor win then current governor was appealing a federal conviction for Whitewater.

In 1996, Huckabee ran for U.S. Senate again, winning the Republican nomination unopposed[20]. But in May 1996 he announced he would quit the race and would instead fill the unexpired term of Tucker. Tucker had announced that he would resign in July while appealing a federal conviction in the Whitewater scandal.

On July 15, 1996, Huckabee was sworn in as Governor of Arkansas. Tucker rescinded his resignation as Huckabee was preparing to be sworn in, but within a few hours reinstated his resignation because Huckabee had gone on television and threatened to initiate impeachment proceedings against Tucker.

So he becomes Governor through a Clinton corruption scandal and threatening the former governor.

You know, for someone claiming to repeatedly "beating" the Clinton machine it seems he has gotten alot of help from them to get where he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Huckabee

You can make what you want of it, But i thought it interesting. Does anyone know any more accurate details in case wikipedia is wrong?