PDA

View Full Version : 'Time' Thinks Cheney Makes Killer Mag Cover

stephanie
12-15-2007, 07:21 PM
you can see the cover and lots of very funny comments at the site..:laugh2:

By Mark Finkelstein | December 15, 2007 - 08:39 ET
It's official: Time magazine hates Dick Cheney.

Last week, I noted here that two of Time's Top 10 Editorial Cartoons of 2007, including it's # 1 pick, took shots at the Vice-President. This morning, two Time editors turned up on the Today show to discuss more picks from Time's collection of 50 Top 10 lists. And speaking of taking shots . . . .

View video here.

Today weekend anchor Amy Robach's guest was Time's Arts & Entertainment Editor Belinda Luscombe [pictured below]. After discussing the Top Song of the year ["Rehab" by defiant druggy Amy Winehouse] and Top Gadget [iPhone], talk turned to the Top Magazine Cover.

AMY ROBACH: Magazine covers. This is an interesting choice. You all chose Dick Cheney from Texas Monthly. Why? Well I see why [bursts into laughter].

BELINDA LUSCOMBE: You have to know of course that we discounted all Time covers. We would have liked to have gone with one of ours but it seemed too boasty. So we went with Texas Monthly. It's great. It's a Dick Cheney, with a smoking gun, and saying -- it's an homage to an old National Lampoon cover which says, you know, if you don't buy this magazine we'll shoot this dog. And this one is if you don't buy this magazine Dick Cheney will shoot you.

ROBACH: And I think he's actually grimacing there, which is an added bonus.

LUSCOMBE: This is clearly not a real photo, but it's very well-done Photoshopping. It's very nicely done, very clever, and the fact that it's Texas --

ROBACH: I'm sure Dick Cheney might have another opinion on that one, but no, that's great.

read the rest..
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2007/12/15/time-todays-idea-great-magazine-cover-cheney-threatens-shoot-you