PDA

View Full Version : Buckley knocks 'Savage' comment

stephanie
12-16-2007, 02:00 AM
call a wammmmmmbalance..liberals...free speech for them..but not for anyone else..:laugh2:

By GARRY RAYNO
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff
1 hour, 54 minutes ago

Manchester – State Democratic Party Chairman Raymond Buckley yesterday condemned nationally syndicated radio show host Michael Savage for remarks he made about New Hampshire and its place in the presidential nominating process.

Last week on his program, "The Savage Nation," Savage said "Why are we still running elections like it's the 19th Century, where New Hampshire determines the election? A bunch of yokels in New Hampshire are going to determine the election as much as my dog is going to determine the election."

Buckley called on Fergus Cullen, chair of the state Republican Party, to join him in asking the Republican presidential candidates to condemn Savage for his attack.

Cullen said yesterday he had not heard the comments, nor heard of them, and did not want to comment.

Savages remarks targeted Iowa, site of the nation's first presidential caucuses next month, as well as the Granite State.

"What kind of rubbish is this that New Hampshire -- a bunch of drunks up there -- and Iowa, they're going to determine the outcome of an election? Who came up with that nonsense? That's like believing in Santa Claus. If you believe that a bunch of drunks in New Hampshire and a bunch of stamp collectors in New Hampshire and a bunch of corn farmers in Iowa really are going to predict who the next President is going to be, that is like believing in Santa Claus," Savage said.

Buckley in a statement said, "Michael Savage needs to hear from the Republican presidential candidates that this type of insulting and ignorant attack on our democratic process will not be tolerated.":cuckoo:

read the rest of this temper tantrum
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Buckley+knocks+'Savage'+comm ent&articleId=79b0dbb1-a8c3-49eb-a14f-3d48d0d87554

actsnoblemartin
12-16-2007, 02:08 AM
do you have this clowns number, so i can call him and tell him to use his pacifier so he will stop whining.

call a wammmmmmbalance..liberals...free speech for them..but not for anyone else..:laugh2:

By GARRY RAYNO
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff
1 hour, 54 minutes ago

Manchester – State Democratic Party Chairman Raymond Buckley yesterday condemned nationally syndicated radio show host Michael Savage for remarks he made about New Hampshire and its place in the presidential nominating process.

Last week on his program, "The Savage Nation," Savage said "Why are we still running elections like it's the 19th Century, where New Hampshire determines the election? A bunch of yokels in New Hampshire are going to determine the election as much as my dog is going to determine the election."

Buckley called on Fergus Cullen, chair of the state Republican Party, to join him in asking the Republican presidential candidates to condemn Savage for his attack.

Cullen said yesterday he had not heard the comments, nor heard of them, and did not want to comment.

Savages remarks targeted Iowa, site of the nation's first presidential caucuses next month, as well as the Granite State.

"What kind of rubbish is this that New Hampshire -- a bunch of drunks up there -- and Iowa, they're going to determine the outcome of an election? Who came up with that nonsense? That's like believing in Santa Claus. If you believe that a bunch of drunks in New Hampshire and a bunch of stamp collectors in New Hampshire and a bunch of corn farmers in Iowa really are going to predict who the next President is going to be, that is like believing in Santa Claus," Savage said.

Buckley in a statement said, "Michael Savage needs to hear from the Republican presidential candidates that this type of insulting and ignorant attack on our democratic process will not be tolerated.":cuckoo:

read the rest of this temper tantrum
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Buckley+knocks+'Savage'+comm ent&articleId=79b0dbb1-a8c3-49eb-a14f-3d48d0d87554

stephanie
12-16-2007, 02:11 AM
I think all the Democrats running for President should call out Lizzy for making such an insulting and Ignorant attack against ALL REPUBLICANS...:lmao::wink2:

Elizabeth Edwards: "Republicans Scare Me"

December 15, 2007 7:43 PM

ABC News' Raelyn Johnson reports: Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Democratic hopeful John Edwards, lamented with Iowa caucus goers about her fear of the Republican Party.

"Republicans should scare us in a lot of ways," Edwards said as she was introducing her husband at a town hall in Dubuque, Iowa.

Speaking about Republican candidate Mike Huckabee, who recently surged ahead in Iowa polls, Elizabeth noted, "He seems like a nice charming guy," before saying that Huckabee, "doesn’t believe in evolution and has some nutty views about what it is we should do about ending violence in our inner city — we should make sure all of our young people are armed. Republicans scare me."

She went on to warn about the larger party, saying, "Karl Rove may not be working in the White House anymore but you can pretty much be sure he’s going back in the presidential race... I believe he’s going to be back and he’s going be doing that same kind of Rovian politics that we’ve seen before — the kind of attacks that we saw against Sen. McCain in South Carolina we can expect to see against our nominee, 'swift boating,' all of that kind of stuff again."

read the rest and LOTS of comments..
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/12/elizabeth-edw-1.html

actsnoblemartin
12-16-2007, 02:12 AM
lets stop global whining

:laugh2:

stephanie
12-16-2007, 03:05 AM
lets stop global whining

:laugh2:

Never happen...if anything IT'S GETTING WORSE...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thtantrumgr7.gif

glockmail
12-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Never happen...if anything IT'S GETTING WORSE...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thtantrumgr7.gif
Just like kids who realize they are not going to get their way, their whining becomes more shrill towards the end, as they realize that they are not just being denied their toy, but their tactics have failed as well.

glockmail
12-16-2007, 08:20 AM
..."What kind of rubbish is this that New Hampshire -- a bunch of drunks up there -- and Iowa, they're going to determine the outcome of an election? .... He's right of course. Its a fucked up system.

5stringJeff
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
He's right of course. Its a fucked up system.

Indeed, it is. Iowa and New Hampshire hold disproportionate political power because of their artificially early primary dates. South Carolina, too, though to a lesser extent.

glockmail
12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Indeed, it is. Iowa and New Hampshire hold disproportionate political power because of their artificially early primary dates. South Carolina, too, though to a lesser extent. It is a law in NH that if another State up's its primary then NH shall change theirs to at least three days earlier. (Not sure of the exact # of days.)