PDA

View Full Version : Caught Another One At Work Tonight

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 09:28 AM
I was finally on my own without the guy training me. I was talking with the front end girls (of course!) and I watch this guy walk in and right away you get that feeling at the pit of your stomach that he's going to take. So I went over and watched him start dumping Robotussin down his pants. He proceeded to go for the doors and I followed him right out stopped him; he came back to the office with me. I start asking him why (which I know why he was stealing it, they use it to make drugs) but he came up with some other excuse. I then asked him if he had any priors he said he was on parole for theft and writing bad checks. At that point I searched and cuffed him. I was going to prosecute anyways because of the amount and it was Pharmaceutical products. Then two sheriff's Deputies showed up and then two Parole Officers, needless to say it was an interesting night. The only thing that the Sheriff said is that I should have cuffed him when I stopped him, other then that I did everything perfect which made me feel good since it was my first stop alone.

Also an employee I used as a witness (we always use witnesses) asked me when I decided to press charges and I told him I was going to press from the beginning because of the Pharmaceutical's. He asked if I felt bad because I told the guy that I only want to get his information and the product back and then he would be on his way, and then I popped him. Hell no I didn't feel bad, this guy was stealing drugs to make drugs and I don't feel bad for lying to crooks. Now if it was a homeless guy stealing food or a little old lady stealing food I probably wouldn't have pressed and I would have felt sorry for their situation, but in that case lying to that crook didn't bother me one bit and I defiantly didn't lose sleep over it.

82Marine89
12-16-2007, 10:38 AM
So theft is OK in certain situations? What if a guy is broke and robs the store? Do you press charges or do you let him go because he needed the money?

shattered
12-16-2007, 10:59 AM
So theft is OK in certain situations? What if a guy is broke and robs the store? Do you press charges or do you let him go because he needed the money?

He only lets them go if they're broke illegal aliens that need the money. :D

Mr. P
12-16-2007, 12:15 PM
It seems to me that internal store policy would dictate charges/no charges, mixed with a bit of judgment. No?

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Combining the answer.

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 12:53 PM
It seems to me that internal store policy would dictate charges/no charges, mixed with a bit of judgment. No?

Response to 8289's comment: No it's not ok in any cituation. I just understand it more when it is someone who is stealing because they are hungry over someone who steals stuff to make drugs or steals Alcohol. Unfortunantly our store's policy is to only prosecute at $20 and up. If I had my way everyone caught we would prosecute because that would send a clear message.

Response to Mr.P: Pretty much it's a judgment call. Store policy says we only prosecute on $20or higher or any employee theft. The LP Agent has the option to use his discretion to prosecute anything under $20 but my boss has made it clear he doesn't want to bother the police with anything under $20 unless it is a repeat offense or someone who is on Parole or Probation or if it becomes a hands on incident. Personally I will prosecute if they struggle, are combative, uncooperative, here illegally, make threats and many other reasons and I will take the heat from my boss. He sits behind a desk in a corporate office in another state when I am in the store's dealing with the situation. So yes it is totally up to my discretion but sometimes I do have some backlash if I prosecute.

Personally like I’ve stated before I would like to send everyone to jail who is there stealing but logically I can see why we don't. We are not equipped to detain crooks for long periods of time and we all know that sometimes it takes the cops a long time to get there. Then you got to think big picture. If I stop someone for a candy bar, hell even a five or ten dollar item I am tied up for at least a half hour and if the cops are involved then it can take up to two hours because of paperwork and waiting and everything. Also from the moment I approach someone I have to grab a store employee as a witness and sometimes two employees if it's a female suspect and they have to stay for the entire incident. So they are paying my salary which comes at close to $30 an hour when you figure in the liability insurance they have on me on top of my wage, and then the other employees wage (no employee of the store other then courtesy clerks make less then $10 an hour and we cant use courtesy clerks as most of the time they are under 18 years old). So right there it's roughly $80.00 or more for the two hours we have to spend on the incident on a $10 or $20 dollar item, and not to mention taking up to two employees away from their duties. Then also there’s the chance that myself and the employees will have to testify in court which the company has to pay us for as well and that’s another hour or two of salary they have to pay. The company considers that more of a loss then the theft of the actual item, and that makes perfect sense. So we have to look at the big picture and weigh in every option. We are they to save the company money as well as prevent theft.

Also we are taking a police officer off the street for an hour or two to come and haul away and book someone who stole a low dollar item when they could be out there dealing with bigger fish. Then you have to figure that if I keep calling them everyday over nickel and dime stuff they will get tired of responding to our stores and then when we really need them like a felony theft, emergency situation, a hands on incident they will just think that great it’s that store again they will just take their time in getting there, kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

In Response to Shattered: I didn't let the illegal go, I pressed charges and he went to jail over a couple dollars also the reason we called the cops was because he was an illegal so your statement is not just inacurate it is a flat out lie. I don't like taking peoples freedom away from them and anyone who enjoys that should not be in the position to make arrests.

Mr. P
12-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Response to 8289's comment: No it's not ok in any cituation. I just understand it more when it is someone who is stealing because they are hungry over someone who steals stuff to make drugs or steals Alcohol. Unfortunantly our store's policy is to only prosecute at $20 and up. If I had my way everyone caught we would prosecute because that would send a clear message.

Response to Mr.P: Pretty much it's a judgment call. Store policy says we only prosecute on $20or higher or any employee theft. The LP Agent has the option to use his discretion to prosecute anything under $20 but my boss has made it clear he doesn't want to bother the police with anything under $20 unless it is a repeat offense or someone who is on Parole or Probation or if it becomes a hands on incident. Personally I will prosecute if they struggle, are combative, uncooperative, here illegally, make threats and many other reasons and I will take the heat from my boss. He sits behind a desk in a corporate office in another state when I am in the store's dealing with the situation. So yes it is totally up to my discretion but sometimes I do have some backlash if I prosecute.

Personally like I’ve stated before I would like to send everyone to jail who is there stealing but logically I can see why we don't. We are not equipped to detain crooks for long periods of time and we all know that sometimes it takes the cops a long time to get there. Then you got to think big picture. If I stop someone for a candy bar, hell even a five or ten dollar item I am tied up for at least a half hour and if the cops are involved then it can take up to two hours because of paperwork and waiting and everything. Also from the moment I approach someone I have to grab a store employee as a witness and sometimes two employees if it's a female suspect and they have to stay for the entire incident. So they are paying my salary which comes at close to $30 an hour when you figure in the liability insurance they have on me on top of my wage, and then the other employees wage (no employee of the store other then courtesy clerks make less then $10 an hour and we cant use courtesy clerks as most of the time they are under 18 years old). So right there it's roughly $80.00 or more for the two hours we have to spend on the incident on a $10 or $20 dollar item, and not to mention taking up to two employees away from their duties. Then also there’s the chance that myself and the employees will have to testify in court which the company has to pay us for as well and that’s another hour or two of salary they have to pay. The company considers that more of a loss then the theft of the actual item, and that makes perfect sense. So we have to look at the big picture and weigh in every option. We are they to save the company money as well as prevent theft.

Also we are taking a police officer off the street for an hour or two to come and haul away and book someone who stole a low dollar item when they could be out there dealing with bigger fish. Then you have to figure that if I keep calling them everyday over nickel and dime stuff they will get tired of responding to our stores and then when we really need them like a felony theft, emergency situation, a hands on incident they will just think that great it’s that store again they will just take their time in getting there, kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

Can you say YOU'RE FIRED! Keep going against what the boss wants, you'll get yer backlash ...and add to the list of costs: court costs and attorney cost.

shattered
12-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Can you say YOU'RE FIRED! Keep going against what the boss wants, you'll get yer backlash ...and add to the list of costs: court costs and attorney cost.

He's just trying to glam up the fact that he's a renta-cop, and really has no say so in anything. He gets to stand around, and look like a dork until something happens, and then try to look important while the real people handle things behind the scenes.

Kathianne
12-16-2007, 01:14 PM

What I'm confused about, NM has been talking for a couple weeks now about this job, but today's post says it's his first 'alone' time. So what was with the rough and tumble a few weeks back? What's with the handcuffs and hammer analogy? As I said, I'm just confused by the mix of 'tough guy' and 'empathy for the hungry.'

Mr. P
12-16-2007, 01:17 PM
What I'm confused about, NM has been talking for a couple weeks now about this job, but today's post says it's his first 'alone' time. So what was with the rough and tumble a few weeks back? What's with the handcuffs and hammer analogy? As I said, I'm just confused by the mix of 'tough guy' and 'empathy for the hungry.'

Donno...I confess I really haven't been paying much attention to this.

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 01:18 PM
He's just trying to glam up the fact that he's a renta-cop, and really has no say so in anything. He gets to stand around, and look like a dork until something happens, and then try to look important while the real people handle things behind the scenes.

That's funny, im not a security guard, I don't wear a uniform I don't have a utility belt. Your just jealous that I will end up going onto better and better things in life and your just stuck in your shitty little world. According to you you work in retail and I guarantee youbeg for Loss Prevention Agents for your store so don't act like your better then everyone else because your not even close.

In response to Kathi, I have been doing this for several weeks but i've always had a trainer working with me and watching over what ive been doing. I have been making stops and arrests but always have been assisted or instructed until yesterday.

shattered
12-16-2007, 01:32 PM
That's funny, im not a security guard, I don't wear a uniform I don't have a utility belt. Your just jealous that I will end up going onto better and better things in life and your just stuck in your shitty little world. According to you you work in retail and I guarantee youbeg for Loss Prevention Agents for your store so don't act like your better then everyone else because your not even close.

In response to Kathi, I have been doing this for several weeks but i've always had a trainer working with me and watching over what ive been doing. I have been making stops and arrests but always have been assisted or instructed until yesterday.

Going on to better things in life? Like.. finally a 4th year of work, in your 28 years of life?

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Going on to better things in life? Like.. finally a 4th year of work, in your 28 years of life?

Trust me I have accomplished more things in my 28 years then you have in your 36 years and there is more to come.

shattered
12-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Trust me I have accomplished more things in my 28 years then you have in your 36 years and there is more to come.

Let's not get me started on your list of "accomplishments"..It's likely to get this thread moved to the steel cage..

dan
12-16-2007, 02:05 PM

Talk about beating a dead horse. Is this the Steel Cage?:lame2:

shattered
12-16-2007, 02:07 PM

Eh.. He started it.. I'm just obliging him... :)

dan
12-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Eh.. He started it.. I'm just obliging him... :)

Fair 'nuff, it ain't my fight! :)

OCA
12-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Donno...I confess I really haven't been paying much attention to this.

Like someone who shall remain nameless said in the last week "who gives a shit what a department store rent-a-cop thinks or says?"

OCA
12-16-2007, 02:35 PM

*bites fingers off in order not to type what he wants to which will result in a ban*

Kathianne
12-16-2007, 02:43 PM
*bites fingers off in order not to type what he wants to which will result in a ban*

LOL! You could borrow psycho's title, I think it's taking a rest right now! :laugh2: Personally I'm very happy the old OCA has returned! Rock em' sock em' and quality posting. I like arguing with you, ya old fart! Yeah I know, I'm a way older fart. :cheers2:

82Marine89
12-16-2007, 03:24 PM

Loss Prevention Agent? You're a rent-a-cop. A security guard. You stop people from stealing shit at your local Piggly Wiggly.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

shattered
12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Loss Prevention Agent? You're a rent-a-cop. A security guard. You stop people from stealing shit at your local Piggly Wiggly.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Maybe.. Depends on how many get away while he's hitting on the little girls behind the cash registers..

5stringJeff
12-16-2007, 03:50 PM

Hold on... if you're 28, how do you have a teenage daughter? Did you tag your 7th grade teacher or something?

glockmail
12-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Do you ever say anyting worthwhile or are you just so full of shit that you can't help yourself? :lol:

82Marine89
12-16-2007, 03:54 PM
:popcorn:

glockmail
12-16-2007, 03:58 PM
:popcorn:
:lol:

Kathianne
12-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Coming from a family pretty steeped in law enforcement/military I just had to check out this, salaries assume at least one degree:

http://www.allcriminaljusticeschools.com/faqs/criminaljustice-salaries.php

Law Enforcement

Police Officer Salaries

Police and sheriff's patrol officers had median annual earnings of $45,470 in 2003. Competition is keen for the higher paying jobs with state and federal agencies and police departments in more affluent areas.
Federal Law Enforcement Agent Salaries

ATF, DEA, IRS, and INS, Secret Service Agents, and Deputy US Marshals generally enter the salary schedule at about $25,000. However, within 5 years, agents can be earning over $50,000.
FBI Agent Salaries

In 2003 FBI agents entered Federal service at a base salary of $39,115, yet earned about $48,890 a year with availability pay. They can advance to nonsupervisory assignments at a base salary of $61,251, which is worth $76,560 with availability pay. FBI supervisory, management, and executive positions pay a base salary of about $72,381 or $85,140 a year, respectively, and equaled $90,480 or $106,430 per year including availability pay.
Security Guard Salaries

Guards in the federal government earned between $21,950 to $28,960 per year in 2001. Gaming surveillance officers and gaming investigators earned between $18,080 and $25,950 in 2001.
Private Investigator Salaries

Detectives and investigators earn an average salary of $49,860 annually. According to a study by Abbott, Langer & Associates, security/loss prevention directors and vice presidents had a median income of $77,500 per year in 2000; investigators, $39,800; and store detectives, $25,000.

My son is a Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Major, he has less than a year to go until receiving his BS. He already has an internship with Target and two job offers, the lowest at $52k to start. He has chosen to do security rather than police officer, at least to start. I think his cousin's (http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=20835&highlight=summa+laude) experiences (http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=6584&highlight=brain+tumor) have effected him (http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=446781&postcount=7), but the money does too.

Said1
12-16-2007, 04:44 PM

:lol:

Kathianne
12-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Coming from a family pretty steeped in law enforcement/military I just had to check out this, salaries assume at least one degree:

http://www.allcriminaljusticeschools.com/faqs/criminaljustice-salaries.php

My son is a Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Major, he has less than a year to go until receiving his BS. He already has an internship with Target and two job offers, the lowest at $52k to start. He has chosen to do security rather than police officer, at least to start. I think his cousin's (http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=20835&highlight=summa+laude) experiences (http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=6584&highlight=brain+tumor) have effected him (http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=446781&postcount=7), but the money does too.

I should have added, security in this case is very different than 'loss prevention'. It has to do with white collar crime, from employees and the public, in store and online. I guess that is why a degree is a requirement.

nevadamedic
12-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Let's not get me started on your list of "accomplishments"..It's likely to get this thread moved to the steel cage..

You have no clue on what i've accomplished so you need to just shut the hell up and noone asked for your input anyways.

waterrescuedude2000
12-17-2007, 01:25 AM

Shit turd long been a long time.

Yes security here does pay good. I mean just as a "rent a cop" as you call us yeah well I am able to carry a gun. And I was making about 15 an hour at the power company working armed. Plus full medical benefits not a dime out of my check for it. And wow really cheap power... Aka FREE POWER and Gas

waterrescuedude2000
12-17-2007, 01:26 AM

Is worried about getting banned now....... Since when?? Glad you figured out your dumb ass can get banned too you stupid jackass

nevadamedic
12-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Hold on... if you're 28, how do you have a teenage daughter? Did you tag your 7th grade teacher or something?

My daughters 10 1/2 not a teenager.

nevadamedic
12-17-2007, 01:47 AM
I should have added, security in this case is very different than 'loss prevention'. It has to do with white collar crime, from employees and the public, in store and online. I guess that is why a degree is a requirement.

I deal with white collar crime, employee thefts, public thefts, make arrests, issue citations, run suspects through the police dispatch, organized crime (yes there are crime rings that are organized and steal items from stores and warehouse them and sell them back to smaller mom and pop type stores, at flea markets, on eBay and sometimes back to the same company they stole it from. The police just raided a warehouse in Sacramento I believe that had over fifty thousand dollars of stolen merchandise like electronics, alcohol, baby formula, cigarettes, non-perishable items, pharmaceutical items, DVD movies and other things all stolen from stores like Safeway, Lucky's, Food Maxx, Wal-Mart etc. They knew where it came from because each store labels their products with a reflective security roller. These people walk out with shopping carts full of crap or have an employee in on it and they hit every store they can), robberies, accidents and injuries, any kind of fraud such as bad checks among many other things. There is a lot of responsibility for LPS Agents and a lot they can do and have to do that Security Guards can't. It isn't like the old days where you can just go and tackle someone because you think they may have someone. There are steps and actions we have to take. We can still go hands on and take people down and all that jazz but there are procedures. I will be happy to go into detail if anyone here really wants.

I have a friend who does LP at Target and we do pretty much the same thing except we deal with more then they do. I know with a college degree they start you out in management or training to be management. I know Loss Prevention anywhere makes a ton of money (except for places like Best Buy) because of the risk we have to take. If your son got offered a job with Target’s Asset Protection Team I would jump at that, it is a great company and I know out here they start agents at 14-16 an hour.

Kathianne
12-17-2007, 06:24 AM
I deal with white collar crime, employee thefts, public thefts, make arrests, issue citations, run suspects through the police dispatch, organized crime (yes there are crime rings that are organized and steal items from stores and warehouse them and sell them back to smaller mom and pop type stores, at flea markets, on eBay and sometimes back to the same company they stole it from. The police just raided a warehouse in Sacramento I believe that had over fifty thousand dollars of stolen merchandise like electronics, alcohol, baby formula, cigarettes, non-perishable items, pharmaceutical items, DVD movies and other things all stolen from stores like Safeway, Lucky's, Food Maxx, Wal-Mart etc. They knew where it came from because each store labels their products with a reflective security roller. These people walk out with shopping carts full of crap or have an employee in on it and they hit every store they can), robberies, accidents and injuries, any kind of fraud such as bad checks among many other things. There is a lot of responsibility for LPS Agents and a lot they can do and have to do that Security Guards can't. It isn't like the old days where you can just go and tackle someone because you think they may have someone. There are steps and actions we have to take. We can still go hands on and take people down and all that jazz but there are procedures. I will be happy to go into detail if anyone here really wants.

I have a friend who does LP at Target and we do pretty much the same thing except we deal with more then they do. I know with a college degree they start you out in management or training to be management. I know Loss Prevention anywhere makes a ton of money (except for places like Best Buy) because of the risk we have to take. If your son got offered a job with Target’s Asset Protection Team I would jump at that, it is a great company and I know out here they start agents at 14-16 an hour.

He already has 2 job offerings, after he completes the degree. Starting salary at one is 52k, the other 54K. The second would require national travel, the first only regional. He hasn't decided. He wants to attend this year's job fair too, which is where he interviewed and received the offers last year. His grades are high, he was an RA for 2 years, he has over 250 service hours in the University town, he's an officer in his fraternity, and he completed an internship at Disney last year, which included some security learning. The fact that my brother was at the job fair, representing his department and was able to introduce my son around didn't hurt, I'm sure.

jimnyc
12-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Yes security here does pay good. I mean just as a "rent a cop" as you call us yeah well I am able to carry a gun. And I was making about 15 an hour at the power company working armed. Plus full medical benefits not a dime out of my check for it. And wow really cheap power... Aka FREE POWER and Gas

NM made a reference that Shattered hasn't accomplished anything in her life, and yourself and NM are mentioning pay rates and how great things are. I'm not meddling in the feud, just want to address that...

Do you guys really think this is good pay? I mean, if you were making $15 an hour as an armed guard at a power company, then I assume it's likely less as someone doing loss prevention. Can you guys live off of this kind of money where you live?

I was making $40 per hour on my last job and worked there for almost 3 years. I've turned down quite a few in that range in the past year (because they were 3-6 month contract gigs) as I'm trying my hand in self employment. I've got a sorta business plan, which unfortunately leaves me basically broke for some time before I'll come out of the red... But if an when I go back to "corporate", I'll laugh at anything offered below $30. Of course NY is probably more expensive... I can afford to have a little leeway because of my wife, but if I was on my own, and I have a child too, I would barely be able to get by with $40 per hour.

shattered
12-17-2007, 07:11 AM
You have no clue on what i've accomplished so you need to just shut the hell up and noone asked for your input anyways.

Let's see.. Accomplishments.. (I warned you to back the hell off)..

Failures:

Failure as a spouse.
Failure as a parent.
Failure to maintain ANY type of job - you've had more jobs than girls have high school boyfriends.

Accomplishments:

You've accomplished sucking off the government and/or workmans comp for half of your working age life.

Oh, but you make a whole $15 an hour now? At 28? That's a HELL of an accomplishment, man.. You should be proud.

Your current kicks in life are bragging about buying 2 pairs of handcuffs? Who pays your rent? Your mother? Rather than buying stupid shit, why don't you try repaying your debt to society?

glockmail
12-17-2007, 08:43 AM
.....- you've had more jobs than girls have high school boyfriends..... Going down on both the defensive and offensive football squads after that homecoming game doesn't count babe.:lol:

Pale Rider
12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
NM made a reference that Shattered hasn't accomplished anything in her life, and yourself and NM are mentioning pay rates and how great things are. I'm not meddling in the feud, just want to address that...

Do you guys really think this is good pay? I mean, if you were making $15 an hour as an armed guard at a power company, then I assume it's likely less as someone doing loss prevention. Can you guys live off of this kind of money where you live?

I was making $40 per hour on my last job and worked there for almost 3 years. I've turned down quite a few in that range in the past year (because they were 3-6 month contract gigs) as I'm trying my hand in self employment. I've got a sorta business plan, which unfortunately leaves me basically broke for some time before I'll come out of the red... But if an when I go back to "corporate", I'll laugh at anything offered below $30. Of course NY is probably more expensive... I can afford to have a little leeway because of my wife, but if I was on my own, and I have a child too, I would barely be able to get by with $40 per hour.

Carson City might be a little less expensive than Reno, but yeah Jim, it's expensive around here. It's a play ground. A vacation destination. I was making $28 an hour when I quit Harley Davidson, and that's still well below what you really need around here to say buy a nice house in the burbs, which is going to cost you somewhere around $400K. The only way around here to really make any money is start or buy your own business, which I've been doing both. I've been running the Welding business, but, I'm trying right now to buy a bar, with the skies the limit potential. $15 an hour.... pphht... that's fucking bottom of the barrel peon pay around here, and even then, I HIGHLY doubt nm as a rent a pig is making that. I still think he's lying.

And if I was a thief with half a brain and got caught by the likes of nm, and he thought he was going to "interigate me," I'd tell him to eat shit and bark at the moon." :laugh: nm has NO true LEGAL AUTHORITY to do SHIT! Only cops with a BADGE have that authority. And if nm tried to cuff me, I'd take them from him and beat him with them.

OCA
12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Carson City might be a little less expensive than Reno, but yeah Jim, it's expensive around here. It's a play ground. A vacation destination. I was making $28 an hour when I quit Harley Davidson, and that's still well below what you really need around here to say buy a nice house in the burbs, which is going to cost you somewhere around $400K. The only way around here to really make any money is start or buy your own business, which I've been doing both. I've been running the Welding business, but, I'm trying right now to buy a bar, with the skies the limit potential. $15 an hour.... pphht... that's fucking bottom of the barrel peon pay around here, and even then, I HIGHLY doubt nm as a rent a pig is making that. I still think he's lying.

And if I was a thief with half a brain and got caught by the likes of nm, and he thought he was going to "interigate me," I'd tell him to eat shit and bark at the moon." :laugh: nm has NO true LEGAL AUTHORITY to do SHIT! Only cops with a BADGE have that authority. And if nm tried to cuff me, I'd take them from him and beat him with them.

You are buying a bar!? I wanna be there opening night and be the first to get shitfaced, put a cigarette burn on the bar top and get tossed out!

Is this joint gonna have strippers?:laugh2:

OCA
12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
When its all said and done and I pay all my taxes and expenses for the month I usually average about 20-25 bucks an hour, I know thats chicken feed but when your spouse works and makes about 15 an hour with a huge bonus every xmas(this year it topped 1500) things are o.k., are we living in a 6 bedroom mansion?No. Do I have my Porsche Cayenne and Hummer yet? No, but we don't starve or want for neccessities.

My point is there is no fucking way a rent-a-pig is making 15 bucks an hour and even if he was after rent/mortgage there is probably barely enough for mac and cheese.

Jimmy,
you stupid bonehead, you live in one of the 3 most expensive areas in the world, the others being Paris and San Francisco, you can't even rent a hut inside the boroughs for less than 1500-2000 a month, of course living there you are gonna need much more income but salaries and hourlies there reflect that, they are much higher than other places.

Pale Rider
12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
You are buying a bar!? I wanna be there opening night and be the first to get shitfaced, put a cigarette burn on the bar top and get tossed out!
There's a better chance the financing will fall through than I'll get it. The seller's health is failing and he wants out. He's a good friend of mine and a riding buddy. I may approach him with some other form of invetive financing. So, whatever, if I can't buy it I can't buy it.

Is this joint gonna have strippers?:laugh2:
The place is called "Third Street Blues," and it's a very classy little place with a great clientele. Sorry bro, no strippers. We can head just a few blocks away down forth street for that... :D

hjmick
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
When its all said and done and I pay all my taxes and expenses for the month I usually average about 20-25 bucks an hour, I know thats chicken feed but when your spouse works and makes about 15 an hour with a huge bonus every xmas(this year it topped 1500) things are o.k., are we living in a 6 bedroom mansion?No. Do I have my Porsche Cayenne and Hummer yet? No, but we don't starve or want for neccessities.

My point is there is no fucking way a rent-a-pig is making 15 bucks an hour and even if he was after rent/mortgage there is probably barely enough for mac and cheese.

Jimmy,
you stupid bonehead, you live in one of the 3 most expensive areas in the world, the others being Paris and San Francisco, you can't even rent a hut inside the boroughs for less than 1500-2000 a month, of course living there you are gonna need much more income but salaries and hourlies there reflect that, they are much higher than other places.

I could live on $15hr...If I lived in my mom's basement!

Pale Rider
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I could live on $15hr...If I lived in my mom's basement!

And that's exactly where nm lives.

manu1959
12-17-2007, 05:58 PM
And that's exactly where nm lives.

$15 / hour is what we pay interns....

glockmail
12-17-2007, 10:07 PM

Make it a cigar bar and I'm there.

I think once you pass into a store the owner of that store has a right to detain you if you are caught stealing, and he can give that right to his employess. I'm no gawddam lawyer but that makes sense.

Pale Rider
12-17-2007, 11:25 PM

I think once you pass into a store the owner of that store has a right to detain you if you are caught stealing, and he can give that right to his employess. I'm no gawddam lawyer but that makes sense.

You'd have to show me that law in writing before I'd believe it. Anybody put their hands on me and it's assault, unless you're a duly appointed officer of the law wearing a badge. I'm not kidding, some little piss ant, rent a pig, security guard puts his hands on me and I'm going to deck him, and I'll claim self defense.

Checked with the bank today about the loan. It ain't lookin' good. The fact that the building is owned by a separate party is a problem. That party is unwilling to sign an agreement to limit lease increases to within reason depending on fair market value of property. In other words, the building owner is being a prick. The old hag wants to be free to jack the rent up on the building sky high if she knows the business is doing well. Fuck that. Kind of makes me gun shy. Doesn't sound like someone I want holding something like that over my head. I either want the option to buy the building, or she's got to sign a lease agreement good for as long as I own the business.

actsnoblemartin
12-18-2007, 01:36 AM
your an idiot.

Your brain is not being used, It should be leased for storage space

:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
12-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Dont threaten nevadamedic BITCH.

youre a failure as ....

a human being

a woman

an american

a person

Failures:

Failure as a spouse.
Failure as a parent.
Failure to maintain ANY type of job - you've had more jobs than girls have high school boyfriends.

Accomplishments:

You've accomplished sucking off the government and/or workmans comp for half of your working age life.

Oh, but you make a whole $15 an hour now? At 28? That's a HELL of an accomplishment, man.. You should be proud.

Your current kicks in life are bragging about buying 2 pairs of handcuffs? Who pays your rent? Your mother? Rather than buying stupid shit, why don't you try repaying your debt to society?

actsnoblemartin
12-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Shittered is the true definition of retard, dont worry about what some whiny ass bitch says.

actsnoblemartin
12-18-2007, 01:49 AM
she is like a barking dog, i laugh and pity that bitch.

nevadamedic
12-18-2007, 05:42 AM

Failures:

Failure as a spouse.
Failure as a parent.

Accomplishments:

Failure as a Spouse? I have never been married. So try again.
Failure as a parent? Wrong, try again. I have never been behind on child support and I have always been there for my daughter.
Failure to maintain any job? Wrong I worked for my family's computer company from the age of 12 until I turned 21(during the summers I worked at a Boy Scout Summer Camp) then I had a couple different jobs as a Life Guard Instructor and a Security Officer for a major resort while I lived in Las Vegas and was a member of a volunteer Fire Department while there. I moved back and was a Sales Supervisor at Best Buy for a couple of years, then was offered a Sales Manager position at a Sears Store then got injured. Also from the time I turned 18 I worked off and on at a major events center in Reno as a second job.

Just a few of my accomplishments are as follows.

I achieved the ran of Weblo Scout
I was a Company Commander for my JROTC Unit in High School and I was the Drill Team Captain and a member of the Color Guard and Honor Guard.
I achieved the rank of Captain as a Law Enforcement Explorer while in high school.
I did over 40 hours a month of community service through Boy Scouts, Explorers and JROTC while in High School.
I was awarded the 1,2,3,4 year outstanding cadet award in JROTC.
I earned a place on the Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Hockey and Rifle teams in High School.
I am an Eagle Scout and a member of Order of the Arrow.
I am a member of NESA.
I graduated at the top of my EMT-B and I classes.
I am a graduate and an assistant instructor with The Rapport School of Leadership Development.
I was a Certified Lifeguard, CPR and First Responder Instructor with Jeff Ellis and Associates and the National Safety Council.
I was a Certified Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid Instructor for the Boy Scouts of America
I have received a Certificate of Commendation from U.S. Senator Harry Reid.
I have received a Certificate of Senatorial Recognition from U.S. Senator John Ensign.
I have received a Certificate of Congressional Achievement from former Congressman Jim Gibbons.
I have received a Certificate of Congressional Achievement from Congressman Dean Heller.
I am a member of the Carson City Republican Central Committee.
I was the county coordinator for Nevada's current Governor Jim Gibbons.
I also worked on Congressman Dean Heller’s and Senator John Ensign’s campaigns.
I was one of six people picked to work with the White House Press Office during President Bush’s last visit to Reno.
I have planned events for national organizations such as Move America Forward and many political leaders in my city and state.
I am the Volunteer Coordinator for Senator McCain's Campaign in Northern Nevada.
I have been interviewed by local and national news programs and papers for different political events I was part of and was interviewed by the Reno Gazette Journal on my feelings about the Patraeus Report.

Those are just a few of my accomplishments, what are yours? Pie eating contests or competitions between friends on who can sleep with the most guys in a single night don't count.

Sucking off Workman’s Comp for half of my working life? Are you that fucking stupid that you can’t to simple math? I've been on Workman’s Comp for almost 4 years and since I have been working since the age of 12 that means I have been working for 17 years. Half of that would be 8 1/2. I also went back to work against doctor’s orders because of my desire to work and my strong work ethic. I have to have Disc Replacement Surgery or have a permanent pain pump surgically installed with a catheter into my spine. I also have to wear a TENS unit to cope with the pain to work. I am sure you are an expert at sucking off, but that is something you shouldn’t brag about on this website as that kind of though with you in it is enough to turn any man gay.

You got my salary wrong there genius, Jeremy makes $15 an hour I believe, I have stated before what I make an hour. I also get bonuses and medical insurance that I don’t have to pay a dime for.

As far as giving back to society, in addition to all the volunteer work I did as a kid to teenager I am active in community politics, our local meth coalition, our local gang and graffiti coalition and I spend time raising money for charities like our hospital children’s museum and other local and state groups. Not to mention I am a member of the local Fire Departments Disaster Relief team (some of you might remember me serving as the medical services person at the evacuation center for the Tahoe Fire).

Not only do I pay rent I also help maintain our house and over two acres of yard. I am not in debt and I am free to spend what I make however I choose and I could give a flying fuck what you think. I guarantee that you spend more a year for cigarettes then I do for movies. Cigarettes, now talk about spending money on stupid shit. Getting kicks by buying new pairs of handcuffs, I think not, they are a necessary tool of my job and I asked if anyone on here had experience with this brand and line of handcuffs.

I am enrolled in a class to become a Notary for the State of Nevada and so I can write citations to shoplifters.

I also am going to go back to college and get a degree in Criminal Justice or Business Management.

Oh yea at 28? Actually I am 29. You’re wrong again.

How does it feel to be constantly wrong? Are you just so used to it that it comes natural for you? You’re what 36, 37 years old and you’re a retail manager, yup you have accomplished a lot, I achieved that by the time I turned 24 if you don’t count my families business. What does having high school boyfriends have to do with anything? I’m sure that is something you missed out on as well as I am sure you were as bitter and self absorbed then as you are now.

Also I believe you are divorced so according to you would make you a failure as a spouse.

Is your life really so pathetic that you have to sit here and pick at people you don't even know on the internet to make up for the fact that your a massive failure and the fact that you have no friends so you have to try and get all the attention on message boards or you throw a shit fit? It really doesn’t matter as you are a nobody, and your opinions (which are 99.9% of the time dead wrong) don’t matter. As far as I am concerned you are nothing, you have always been nothing and you will always be nothing and frankly you can go take a flying fuck.

nevadamedic
12-18-2007, 06:02 AM

You are pretty much correct. We are also able to use resonable force to detain the crook if he/she has merchandise or money or commits a crime and refuses to stop when confronted, we can increase the force used if the person does decide to fight. If the person does fight back they get an assault charge added to the larceny charge. Im sure you've been to a mall and seen crooks get taken down by Loss Prevention.

Granted in order for a Loss Prevention Agent to make a stop there are several steps we have to witness before we can initiate a stop. It's not like we can just go out and stop anyone we want because they look suspicious or we think they may have something. There are five steps required by our company. Step one, We have to see them select the merchandise or property. Step two we have to conceal the merchandise or property, step three we have to have constant observation from the moment they conceal to the moment we stop them. Step four is failure to pay and step five is exiting the store. If we don't have all of those steps we don't initiate the stop and if we do have those steps we can't initiate the stop. If we do make a bad stop and we do use force then it would be considered assault and false arrest. Also technically the penal code in Nevada says that all's the Loss Prevention Agent needs to see is concealment and we can initiate the stop but our company and many others require the five steps. Some companies require four, some require six. Also most large scale stores like Sears, Macy's and Kohl's have booking rooms.

Also we had a stop where we did use force to detain someone friday night and they police came out and toook the guy, if what Pale said is true we could have been arrested not the crook. Pale is talking out his ass about something he knows nothing about.

glockmail
12-18-2007, 06:54 AM
You'd have to show me that law in writing before I'd believe it. Anybody put their hands on me and it's assault, unless you're a duly appointed officer of the law wearing a badge. I'm not kidding, some little piss ant, rent a pig, security guard puts his hands on me and I'm going to deck him, and I'll claim self defense.

Checked with the bank today about the loan. It ain't lookin' good. The fact that the building is owned by a separate party is a problem. That party is unwilling to sign an agreement to limit lease increases to within reason depending on fair market value of property. In other words, the building owner is being a prick. The old hag wants to be free to jack the rent up on the building sky high if she knows the business is doing well. Fuck that. Kind of makes me gun shy. Doesn't sound like someone I want holding something like that over my head. I either want the option to buy the building, or she's got to sign a lease agreement good for as long as I own the business. Unfortunately for you are on the guards property which gives him the upper hand, along with cameas and witnesses which would give you a heap-o truoble.

You should check the zoning maps of the area to see were the type of bar is allowed, then narrow down your property search by availability. You may find that there's not a lot of availability. Maybe you can make a deal with her as far as base rent plus percentage.

5stringJeff
12-18-2007, 10:08 AM
your an idiot.

Your brain is not being used, It should be leased for storage space

:laugh2:

Dont threaten nevadamedic BITCH.

youre a failure as ....

a human being

a woman

an american

a person

Shittered is the true definition of retard, dont worry about what some whiny ass bitch says.

she is like a barking dog, i laugh and pity that bitch.

User has been banned from this thread.