PDA

View Full Version : Senator McCain Gets Two Major Endorsements

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 09:54 AM
The Des Moines Register and The Boston Globe both endorse John McCain. This guy is picking up momentum again and I think he will have a good chance of winning.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 09:59 AM
The Des Moines Register and The Boston Globe both endorse John McCain. This guy is picking up momentum again and I think he will have a good chance of winning.

Means nothing. McCain is now McDone with the conservative base

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Means nothing. McCain is now McDone with the conservative base

He's a lot better then Fruity Rudy.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 10:31 AM
He's a lot better then Fruity Rudy.

See McCain at his best - bragging gow he opposed the Bush tax cuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUDBV6RhQho

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 12:20 PM
See McCain at his best - bragging gow he opposed the Bush tax cuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUDBV6RhQho

People change positions. At least he wasn't courting his mistress at the Government's expense. I used to really like Rudy but he has done a lot of things to really turn me off to him. He also became a Conservative right before running for Mayor of New York City. He was a lifelong Liberal. He still holds a lot of Liberal values, which I don't condemn him for but he really isn't the best fit to lead the country.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 12:22 PM
People change positions. At least he wasn't courting his mistress at the Government's expense. I used to really like Rudy but he has done a lot of things to really turn me off to him. He also became a Conservative right before running for Mayor of New York City. He was a lifelong Liberal. He still holds a lot of Liberal values, which I don't condemn him for but he really isn't the best fit to lead the country.

McDone was opposed to the tax cuts right up until he saw how pissed he saw the base was

He still did not get the message with illegals - 70% are against his postition on illegals

9-11 changed alot - one of them was the insane open borders BS

5stringJeff
12-16-2007, 03:18 PM
People change positions.

Is that why you call Romney "Multiple Choice Mitt?" Because you respect his ability to change positions?

Hugh Lincoln
12-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Nevada, I don't know who's more out of touch here: the MSM, McCain, or you. Good chance of winning?

The press likes McCain because... ah, hell, who cares why? The fact that they do is enough to oppose him, even if you knew nothing else about his positions. He is actually probably more despised by conservative/GOP regulars than any other man in the field, including Giuliani and Huckabee.

Kathianne
12-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Nevada, I don't know who's more out of touch here: the MSM, McCain, or you. Good chance of winning?

The press likes McCain because... ah, hell, who cares why? The fact that they do is enough to oppose him, even if you knew nothing else about his positions. He is actually probably more despised by conservative/GOP regulars than any other man in the field, including Giuliani and Huckabee.

Have to agree with you, in spite of NR I'm not sold on Romney. My problem is I'm not sold on anyone, least of all the 'libertarian' Republican. Damn, I think I'm dreading 2008.

PostmodernProphet
12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
lol, the Des Moines Register also endorsed Hillary.....I think their standard for endorsements is simply which candidate spent the most on advertising in the DMR.........

12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Is that why you call Romney "Multiple Choice Mitt?" Because you respect his ability to change positions?

I was just thinking the same thing when I saw that.

LiberalNation
12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
McCain doesn't have much of I chance I don't think. He should give up on the presidency dream and work on somethin else.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
McCain doesn't have much of I chance I don't think. He should give up on the presidency dream and work on somethin else.

Retirement would be a good place to start