PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton: Hillary needs a 'miracle'

red states rule
12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
So far Bill has not been helping Hillary very much in the campaign. I bet agter Hillary read his latest comment, she threw 4 lamps and 3 ashtrays at him

Bill Clinton: Hillary needs a 'miracle'
BY CELESTE KATZ
DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

Sunday, December 16th 2007, 4:00 AM

Democrats would be "rolling the dice" by choosing Barack Obama as their nominee, former President Bill Clinton said, although he said it would be a "miracle" if Hillary Clinton won the Iowa caucus.

Clinton threw multiple jabs at his wife's rival, saying that while Obama's a skilled politician, his preparation to serve as President is "not even close" to Hillary Clinton's: "When is the last time we elected a President based on one year of service in the Senate before he started running?" he asked.

At the same time, "It would be a miracle if Hillary wins in Iowa, and I'm not just low-balling you," the ex-President chuckled on "The Charlie Rose Show" on PBS late Friday. He said former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards could well win the state.

Polls show Obama, Clinton and Edwards in a near dead heat in Iowa, where voters caucus on Jan. 3.

Stumping in Iowa, Obama brushed off the ex-President's broadside, saying, "When I was 20 points down, they all thought I was a wonderful guy. I have the kind of experience the country needs right now."

Hillary Clinton yesterday campaigned in New Hampshire - where primary voters go to the polls Jan. 8 - including going door to door in Manchester.

She got in a sideswipe of her own at Obama during a rally in Plaistow, remarking, "There is going to be a very clear choice in the primary about who will be the best candidate to wage an election of change and experience against whoever the Republicans put up."

The New York senator hits the road Sunday on a five-day, 99-county barnstorming swing through Iowa. Her husband will also hit the trail for her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2007/12/16/2007-12-16_bill_clinton_hillary_needs_a_miracle.html

gummyBear
12-17-2007, 11:46 AM
HILLARY IN DANGER?
According to recent polls, Hillary Clinton could lose all four early contests — IA, NH, SC and NV. Mark Walsh, strategist for the DNC, will join “Brian and The Judge” to discuss.well just heard this in free satelite radio

many thanks!
gummyBear

April15
12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Who cares about Hillary? This nation is so gender discriminatory there was no chance for woman to be a viable candidate.

Abbey Marie
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Who cares about Hillary? This nation is so gender discriminatory there was no chance for woman to be a viable candidate.

Not liking Hillary is not indicative of any general trends, other than the one of not liking Hillary.

Yurt
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM

right, and that is why her campaign war chest is so large

Pale Rider
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I think ole hill-billy sees the writing on the wall and is smart enough to see hitlery doesn't stand a chance. Not now, not ever.

red states rule
12-17-2007, 10:27 PM

Or it could be the majority does not want to vote for another arrogant northeastern liberal?