PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Deputies Find Nearly 1 Ton Of Pot

waterrescuedude2000
12-17-2007, 01:09 AM
OMAHA, Neb. --

Nearly a ton of marijuana was found along Interstate 80 in Omaha on Wednesday afternoon, Douglas County deputies said.

The U.S. Attorney's Office is considering what charges to file in connection with the 1,940 pounds of pot, estimated to be worth more than $3 million. It's the largest seizure ever by Douglas County deputies.

It was confiscated during a traffic stop near 96th Street at about 1 p.m. Wednesday, investigators said.

Deputies arrested 28-year-old Stanley Suojanen of Utah.

Sgt. Ed Van Buren said he was suspicious when he pulled over a camper being driven by Suojanen.

http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=39358

waterrescuedude2000
12-17-2007, 01:20 AM
over 3 million dollars street value. Hes gonna be going away for a long long time.

Sitarro
12-17-2007, 01:56 AM
And while he was spending the time busting this guy, a few dozen drunks probably drove by him swerving all over the road. Who gives a shit about pot busts...... the street value and the bust itself is probably blown way out of proportion...... a camper carrying a ton of anything is not going to drive very well, I don't believe this. Besides, 2000 pounds at 1000 dollars a pound would come up a million short of their bullshit estimate. I am so tired of hearing about the waste of money and time put into pot busts, stop someone that is really doing something dangerous.:fu:

Sitarro
12-17-2007, 01:59 AM
over 3 million dollars street value. Hes gonna be going away for a long long time.

Let me guess, they had to break that down into individual joints at 3 bucks a piece to come up with that figure and it's still inflated. Meanwhile, millions leave bars and country clubs drunk off their asses every day and night and very few are touched...... I'm not impressed at all.