PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Vows Not To Quit

red states rule
12-17-2007, 06:21 AM
It seems the wheels have come off Hillary's campaign. The attack dogs have not taken out Obama, but they have lowered Hillary's numbers

The war room may not be as effective as it was in the 90's

Hillary Clinton vows not to quit

BY MICHAEL SAUL
DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

Saturday, December 15th 2007, 4:00 AM

JOHNSTON, Iowa - Hillary Clinton, who spent the past year as the Democratic presidential front-runner fostering an aura of inevitability, found herself Friday in the humbling position of declaring she won't be knocked out early.

With polls showing Clinton locked in a tough battle in Iowa's Jan. 3 caucuses and her once dominant lead in New Hampshire now gone, the former First Lady said she is in the race to stay through Super Duper Tuesday, when more than 20 states including New York and California hold primaries.

"I have always intended to go all the way through this process, all the way through the Feb. 5 states," said Clinton when asked during an interview on Iowa Public Television whether her campaign could withstand a loss in Iowa. "Every single place that there's going to be a caucus or an election between now and Feb. 5, I'm going to contend in."

"I always thought this would get close," said Clinton, now facing a tougher challenge by Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.). "This is what happens in a contested election."

For the first time Friday, Clinton also responded to questions about the resignation of her national co-chairman Bill Shaheen, who stepped down after he suggested Obama may have sold drugs as a teenager.

"I not only disapproved but it did not reflect the campaign that I'm running," Clinton said.

Obama said Friday he's become a target for political attacks because the momentum has turned in his favor.

for the complete article

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2007/12/15/2007-12-15_hillary_clinton_vows_not_to_quit-4.html