PDA

View Full Version : Are you as smart as Typo?

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Take this one-question quiz (which I designed myself) and find out!

If a serial killer is wanted for 12 murders in 8 different states, what is the maximum number of murders he could have committed in the same state?

Good luck!

[The first person to answer correctly will have proved that he or she is as smart as I am. It is not possible to be smarter. :)]

PostmodernProphet
12-17-2007, 10:05 PM
are there states which do not require all of the elements of a crime to have been committed within it's boundaries?.....that is, could one have conspired to commit the act in seven different states but actually pulled the trigger in one state for all 12 crimes?......

Yurt
12-17-2007, 10:05 PM
If you are the definition of smart, I wouldn't want to lower my standards by taking your exam

:laugh2:

Yurt
12-17-2007, 10:06 PM
are there states which do not require all of the elements of a crime to have been committed within it's boundaries?.....that is, could one have conspired to commit the act in seven different states but actually pulled the trigger in one state for all 12 crimes?......

no, has to be situs of crime, and if it was conspiracy, then seperate crime, but for his imaginative thread....??

Abbey Marie
12-17-2007, 10:08 PM
The obvious answer is 5, but in actuality, he could have murdered unlimited numbers of people in each state, but only be wanted for 12.

glockmail
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM

If a serial killer is wanted for 12 murders in 8 different states, what is the maximum number of murders he could have committed in the same state?

Good luck!

[The first person to answer correctly will have proved that he or she is as smart as I am. It is not possible to be smarter. :)]
The answer is twelve. The murders would have been committed in CO, with one foot of each victim being in the states of UT, AZ, NM, WY, NE, KS and OK.

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 10:33 PM
No hints will be given. Glock is on ignore and does not
qualify.

glockmail
12-17-2007, 10:43 PM
qualify.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

manu1959
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Q:what is the maximum number of murders he could have committed in the same state?

a: there is no maximum number he could have committed.

glockmail
12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
there is no maximum number he could have committed
Douh!

Yurt
12-17-2007, 10:53 PM

Good luck!

12 smart ass, assuming you goofed on "could"

manu1959
12-17-2007, 10:54 PM

what he is wanted for and what he could have comitted are two different things dude.....

manu1959
12-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Douh!

abbey got it as well.....actually she got it first....

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM
what he is wanted for and what he could have comitted are two different things dude.....

I know that :). but it is possible he could have used "could" on accident, since he made it up himself. If could was on purpose, then of course you and abbey are right. I just read it again and thought, hey, he "could" have made that mistake not realizing that we have good linguists on the board.

Just having fun. :cheers2:

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM

Incorrect: there has to be a maximum number, just because no state has an infinite population.

Sorry manu, you are not as smart as Typo. :dance:

Next contestant, please.

manu1959
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I know that :). but it is possible he could have used "could" on accident, since he made it up himself. If could was on purpose, then of course you and abbey are right. I just read it again and thought, hey, he "could" have made that mistake not realizing that we have good linguists on the board.

Just having fun. :cheers2:

well if that is correct then we are all smarter than typo.....

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:10 PM

I'm sure you know what happens when you assume. There are no goofs in the question.

Sorry Yurt, you are not as smart as Typo. :dance:

Next contestant, please.

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
well if that is correct then we are all smarter than typo.....

:laugh2: did you see his answer above yours -- LOL

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
abbey got it as well.....actually she got it first....

Abbey gave two possible answers. She has to choose one (which does not have to be one of the original two!) before I'll consider it. :)

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm sure you know what happens when you assume. There are no goofs in the question.

Sorry Yurt, you are not as smart as Typo. :dance:

Next contestant, please.

then your question is ambiguous and assumes facts not in evidence

next :dance:

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
then your question is ambiguous and assumes facts not in evidence

next :dance:

You get only one try, my friend. Just admit that you're not as smart as I am and move on. :)

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM

Good luck!

he could be wanted for 12 murders in each of the 8 states, thus ambiguous and I stand by my answer :coffee:

manu1959
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Abbey gave two possible answers. She has to choose one (which does not have to be one of the original two!) before I'll consider it. :)

my understanding of the english language is that she stated the obvious answer would be 12 but her answer lies in the second part of her statement.....

i suprised with how smart you claim to be that his beyond you.....

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:17 PM
he could be wanted for 12 murders in each of the 8 states, thus ambiguous and I stand by my answer :coffee:

Which is still wrong: as manu pointed out, he could have committed more murders than the ones he is wanted for.

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
my understanding of the english language is that she stated the obvious answer would be 12 but her answer lies in the second part of her statement.....

:lmao::lmao:

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Which is still wrong: as manu pointed out, he could have committed more murders than the ones he is wanted for.

then abby is right and you know it

Missileman
12-17-2007, 11:22 PM

Good luck!

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM

I was trying to be nice and give her a second chance! :poke:

If the second part of her answer is her "actual" answer, then she's wrong for exactly the same reason you are. Go back and re-read her post if you don't believe me.

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:25 PM

Incorrect. Sorry. :(

manu1959
12-17-2007, 11:26 PM
I was trying to be nice and give her a second chance! :poke:

If the second part of her answer is her "actual" answer, then she's wrong for exactly the same reason you are. Go back and re-read her post if you don't believe me.

sorry dude but there is no limit on the number of murders he could have committed.....you only know of 12 and only 8 states have filed charges....he may have killed hundreds

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:27 PM
sorry dude but there is no limit on the number of murders he could have committed.....you only know of 12 and only 8 states have filed charges....he may have killed hundreds

According to you, he may have killed billions and billions. :eek:

manu1959
12-17-2007, 11:30 PM
According to you, he may have killed billions and billions. :eek:

what is the maximum number of murders he could have committed in the same state?

it is possible.....it was the contrails....

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:37 PM
this is so silly it's fun... the number of the most populace state, California.

5stringJeff
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM

Since I have chosen not to post a picture of another dude grabbing his balls as my avatar, I have already proven myself to be smarter than you. :)

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM

What part of "you get only one try" did you not understand? Besides, you're still wrong. :D

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Since I have chosen not to post a picture of another dude grabbing his balls as my avatar, I have already proven myself to be smarter than you. :)

As I said in post 1, that's impossible. :slap:

82Marine89
12-17-2007, 11:42 PM
He's a serial killer?

Captain Crunch ~ dead
Trix Rabbit ~ Only found a foot
Lucky the Leprechaun ~ dead
Tony the Tiger ~ stuffed
Count Chocula ~ Will never see the light of day
Toucan Sam ~ served after 2 hours at 350°

The answer is 6.

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
He's a serial killer?

Captain Crunch ~ dead
Trix Rabbit ~ Only found a foot
Lucky the Leprechaun ~ dead
Tony the Tiger ~ stuffed
Count Chocula ~ Will never see the light of day
Toucan Sam ~ served after 2 hours at 350°

The answer is 6.

I'll figure that's not your "serious" answer. :laugh:

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:45 PM
What part of "you get only one try" did you not understand? Besides, you're still wrong. :D

no way, that was not in the first post, you can't change your mind now

besides, you have acquiesced to my additional answers and have waived your rules :laugh2:

i think there is no answer or if there is, we will see the original question and see the massive ambiguity

typomaniac
12-17-2007, 11:54 PM
no way, that was not in the first post, you can't change your mind now

besides, you have acquiesced to my additional answers and have waived your rules ...
Suit yourself. I'll just ignore the rest of your posts in this thread. :laugh2:

Yurt
12-17-2007, 11:58 PM
typo's the smartest guy i know, that is my answer :D

glockmail
12-18-2007, 06:45 AM
The question then is, would the remainder of the US be better off? :poke:

glockmail
12-18-2007, 06:46 AM
As I said in post 1, that's impossible. :slap: He's got no balls!

5stringJeff
12-18-2007, 10:06 AM
The question then is, would the remainder of the US be better off? :poke:

Absolutely.

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM

Good luck!

Five.

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Since he "COULD" have stood at the state line in Missouri and shot 12 each in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee….96

Since that "IS" what he did, Missouri has him for all 96…the eight states ‘want’ him for 12 each.

manu1959
12-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Absolutely.

hey now..............

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Hagbard and Mr. P are both incorrect. Sorry, gentlemen: neither of you is as smart as Typo.
[cue music:] :dance:
Next contestants, please.

manu1959
12-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Hagbard and Mr. P are both incorrect. Sorry, gentlemen: neither of you is as smart as Typo.

unfortunatley you have recieved several answers that work.....

just none are the answer you want.....

typical liberal question....

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 12:08 PM

:laugh2: With the information presented I'm 100% correct. Prove me wrong. :laugh2:

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 12:09 PM
unfortunatley you have recieved several answers that work.....

just none are the answer you want.....

typical liberal question....

I've explained why all the ones so far don't work. If there's any explanation you don't understand, I'll be happy to clarify. :poke:

manu1959
12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
I've explained why all the ones so far don't work. If there's any explanation you don't understand, I'll be happy to clarify. :poke:

they all work you just don't like the answer....

darin
12-18-2007, 12:19 PM
This thread should be named:

"Keep giving viable answers to this question, and I'll keep dismissing them instead of admitting my question sucks."

:)

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 12:24 PM
:laugh2: With the information presented I'm 100% correct. Prove me wrong. :laugh2:

No problem: even if he did shoot 12 people each from across the border of the 8 states that touch Missouri, he could still have killed additional people in Missouri.

they all work you just don't like the answer....
:lame2:
Don't expect me to repeat every explanation just because you're in denial.

This thread should be named:

"Keep giving viable answers to this question, and I'll keep dismissing them instead of admitting my question sucks."

:)

Don't even want to try? I smell chicken feathers...bok bok bok.... :laugh:

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
No problem: even if he did shoot 12 people each from across the border of the 8 states that touch Missouri, he could still have killed additional people in Missouri.

Not based on the numbers presented.

I think you dismissed that earlier anyway. Yer not being consistent now.

manu1959
12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
:lame2:
Don't expect me to repeat every explanation just because you're in denial.

you don't give an explanantion you just say people are wrong.....

manu1959
12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
If a presidential candidate has committed hundreds of crimes in every state, what is the maximum number of crimes she will commit if elected?

darin
12-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Don't even want to try? I smell chicken feathers...bok bok bok.... :laugh:

NOBODY on this board is measurably smarter or more-intelligent than 5stringJeff. His best expression of intelligence in this thread is not to induldge you. :)

manu1959
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
NOBODY on this board is measurably smarter or more-intelligent than 5stringJeff. His best expression of intelligence in this thread is not to induldge you. :)

you callin the rest of us stoopid?!

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Not based on the numbers presented.

I think you dismissed that earlier anyway. Yer not being consistent now.

Nope, it's totally consistent. (Not sure which numbers you're referring to, but either way it wouldn't matter.)

Then he should have no problem answering the question - unless he, too, is chicken - instead of taking silly swipes at me. :p

If a presidential candidate has committed hundreds of crimes in every state, what is the maximum number of crimes she will commit if elected?

There is no defined maximum that can be determined from the information given.

darin
12-18-2007, 02:01 PM
you callin the rest of us stoopid?!

I'm saying there have been several logical answers or solutions to his question - he's going to add-in hidden variables until somebody gets the answer he wants. :)

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Nope, it's totally consistent. (Not sure which numbers you're referring to, but either way it wouldn't matter.)

The numbers you posted are consistent with my correct answer. I said "Yer not being consistent now".

I also asked you to prove me wrong based on the information (the numbers) you provided...you haven't.

Question: Who's NOT smarter than Typo? :laugh2: Wait....that would be Truthnevermatters. Sorry, I knew there was one.

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm saying there have been several logical answers or solutions to his question - he's going to add-in hidden variables until somebody gets the answer he wants. :)

Yep.

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Yep.

Mm-hmm.
http://images.google.com/url?q=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ed/King_of_the_Hill_alley.jpg/300px-King_of_the_Hill_alley.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHzhdgQmigoid94eilrfvK-Q0Kc4g

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Dang! I practically gave away the answer and most of you are still bitching about having been wrong.

You'd think this was an election tally or something... :)

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Dang! I practically gave away the answer and most of you are still bitching about having been wrong.

You'd think this was an election tally or something... :)

The only way he could kill as many people as possible out of 12 in one state and still be wanted for murder in eight states is if he killed five in one state and one in each of the other seven.

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 02:35 PM
The only way he could kill as many people as possible out of 12 in one state and still be wanted for murder in eight states is if he killed five in one state and one in each of the other seven.

He could still have killed more than 12 in one state and not have been linked to any of them. Sorry. :dunno:

Abbey Marie
12-18-2007, 02:46 PM

The obvious answer is 5, but in actuality, he could have murdered unlimited numbers of people in each state, but only be wanted for 12.

I thought it was clear that I was choosing the bolded answer, as evidenced by the introductory phrase, "but in actuality". :)

Abbey Marie
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM

Sorry, Manu. I responded the same way above, before I read this post.

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 02:50 PM
He could still have killed more than 12 in one state and not have been linked to any of them. Sorry. :dunno:

This thread is gay.

Abbey Marie
12-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Incorrect: there has to be a maximum number, just because no state has an infinite population.

Next contestant, please.

At any given time, a state could have millions of visitors. But more importantly, in my answer I said he could have murdered unlimited numbers of people. Unlimited means we don't or can't know how many he killed, as your question demands. It does not mean, as you have taken it, that there is no limit on the number of people in those states at a given moment.

There is no limit on how many we know he murdered.

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
This thread is gay.

You must feel at home then. :poke::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

glockmail
12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
This thread is gay. I think typo is gay. Just look at his picture.

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
At any given time, a state could have millions of visitors. But more importantly, in my answer I said he could have murdered unlimited numbers of people. Unlimited means we don't or can't know how many he killed, as your question demands. It does not mean, as you have taken it, that there is no limit on the number of people in those states at a given moment.

There is no limit on how many we know he murdered.

You're confusing "no limit" with "no defined limit." There is a huge difference between the two.

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
You must feel at home then. :poke::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Toochee. (touche)

Abbey Marie
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
You're confusing "no limit" with "no defined limit." There is a huge difference between the two.

Nope. I think you are refusing to admit the perfect logic of the answer, and parsing words to deny its correctness.

But that's a-ight. It's still a fun thread. :coffee:

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Nope. I think you are refusing to admit the perfect logic of the answer, and parsing words to deny its correctness.

But that's a-ight. It's still a fun thread. :coffee:

Nope: I was expecting someone to fall into that trap from the beginning.

But that's alright: thanks for the compliment, and I'll return your rep. :)

manu1959
12-18-2007, 03:07 PM
as i have said there is no way of knowing how many people he has killed...

all we know is that he is charged with 12 and wanted in 8 different states....

hell he may not have even killed the 12 he is charged with and the sentence structure is so vague the 8 states he is wanted in could be for kiting checks for all we know....

gabosaurus
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I was as smart as Typo when I was in high school. He has fallen far behind since then. :)

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 04:40 PM
as i have said there is no way of knowing how many people he has killed...
And yet that wasn't your answer.:stupid:

manu1959
12-18-2007, 04:44 PM
And yet that wasn't your answer.:stupid:

you don't need to keep proving you are a prick we figured it out a while ago....

also ...where in here do i state a number.....

"there is no maximum number he could have committed"

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
"there is no maximum number he could have committed"
Which is obviously not the same as "there is no way of knowing how many people he has killed."

Are you ever going to admit that you botched the answer?

manu1959
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Which is obviously not the same as "there is no way of knowing how many people he has killed."

Are you ever going to admit that you botched the answer?

didn't botch the answer....you question was what was the maximum number....my answer was there is no way to know the maximum number.....

if you wanted the answer to be "there is no way of knowing how many people he has killed." ....you should have asked how many people did he kill.....

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 05:31 PM

I rest my case. :slap:

gabosaurus
12-18-2007, 05:39 PM
you don't need to keep proving you are a prick we figured it out a while ago.

I can't believe I agree with manu about something. :lmao:

manu1959
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM

you have a fool for a client then....

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
...my answer was there is no way to know the maximum number.....
And you have committed perjury.

Who's for impeaching manu? :laugh:

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I can't answer, I do not think Typo is a smart as me.

gabosaurus
12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I can't answer, I do not think Typo is a smart as me.

That goes without saying. Typo is not even close to being as smart as a woman.

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
That goes without saying. Typo is not even close to being as smart as a woman.

What have I ever done to you, gabs? :confused:

Yurt
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM
What have I ever done to you, gabs? :confused:

even she sees the fallacy of this thread :laugh2:

since you do not accept an infinite number of people (that being no possible way to ascertain a maximum with the given facts), as stated by abbey and manu, and you do not accept the maximum population of a current state, are you "logically" implying the "maximum" number is the population of the world at present?

you said you would clarify...

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 09:47 PM
even she sees the fallacy of this thread :laugh2:

since you do not accept an infinite number of people (that being no possible way to ascertain a maximum with the given facts), as stated by abbey and manu, and you do not accept the maximum population of a current state, are you "logically" implying the "maximum" number is the population of the world at present?

you said you would clarify...

You're still here? Why? :confused:

actsnoblemartin
12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
hello typo. how goes it?

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
hello typo. how goes it?

Hi, Martin. Were you going to take a crack at answering the question in the OP? :coffee:

actsnoblemartin
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
im gonna say 5.

Good luck!

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 10:08 PM
im gonna say 5.

I'm afraid not. But look at post 74 if you want a ginormous hint. ;)

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 10:11 PM

I thought this was done here. My bad. Typo wouldn't let it die, it's his real form of getitng off. Stop responding, he's worth zip, IMO.

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought this was done here. My bad. Typo wouldn't let it die, it's his real form of getitng off. Stop responding, he's worth zip, IMO.

Fair enough: if no one answers correctly, and there are no posts for a 24-hour period, the official result will be that nobody here is as smart as I am.

Sitarro
12-18-2007, 10:28 PM

Good luck!

Such a bullshit question, shouldn't it be.... who is a bigger bullshitter than Typo?

Yurt
12-18-2007, 10:41 PM

You said you would clarify...oh well, now we know you are full of it...

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 10:45 PM
You said you would clarify...oh well, now we know you are full of it...
Didn't you tell me that I shouldn't be responding to you? :)

Such a bullshit question, shouldn't it be.... who is a bigger bullshitter than Typo?
You should be grateful that this isn't a vocabulary quiz. :laugh:

Pale Rider
12-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Ya know typo... I don't want to sound like I'm picking on ya here, but in my opinion, your question has already been answered correctly. I do believe that if the question and answers were submitted to a non biased professional analytical source, they'd come to the same conclusion I did. Your question has been answered.

I think what's happening here is that you have one answer in your head, and it's not the same answer as you've gotten so far, although at the time you formulated your question, YOU didn't realise that there was going to be more than one answer that's correct, and this is reinforcement to you to believe the other answers are incorrect, since no one has came up with your answer yet, which we won't know if that could be correct or not until you tell us. It MAY come to pass that YOU are the one with the wrong answer.

I think it's obvious that no one here is going to come up with whatever answer YOU have. I believe also, at this point, it is a trick question, or, your answer is.

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Ya know typo... I don't want to sound like I'm picking on ya here, but in my opinion, your question has already been answered correctly. I do believe that if the question and answers were submitted to a non biased professional analytical source, they'd come to the same conclusion I did. Your question has been answered.

I think what's happening here is that you have one answer in your head, and it's not the same answer as you've gotten so far, although at the time you formulated your question, YOU didn't realise that there was going to be more than one answer that's correct, and this is reinforcement to you to believe the other answers are incorrect, since no one has came up with your answer yet, which we won't know if that could be correct or not until you tell us. It MAY come to pass that YOU are the one with the wrong answer.

I think it's obvious that no one here is going to come up with whatever answer YOU have. I believe also, at this point, it is a trick question, or, you answer is.
Actually, Pale, it was a trick question from the beginning. Manu and Abbey have come the closest to answering it, but both of them screwed up the wording.

Of course, if I end up posting the "final" answer and you think it's incorrect, you're more than welcome to present your case then. Sound fair?

manu1959
12-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Actually, Pale, it was a trick question from the beginning. Manu and Abbey have come the closest to answering it, but both of them screwed up the wording.

Of course, if I end up posting the "final" answer and you think it's incorrect, you're more than welcome to present your case then. Sound fair?

problem is you screwed up the wording to your question to get the answer you want.......

Pale Rider
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM

Well... I knew it was a trick from the beginning. That's why I haven't said anything until now. No matter what anybody says, the only answer to your question resides inside your head, even though mathematically, it's been solved.

typomaniac
12-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Well... I knew it was a trick from the beginning. That's why I haven't said anything until now. No matter what anybody says, the only answer to your question resides inside your head, even though mathematically, it's been solved.

It's possible that I'm mistaken about this, BUT I would bet that a number of different people would answer this question with the correct wording. And if that's true, the answer resides in their heads as well.

LOki
12-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Good luck!

The number that equals the current population of the most populous state, including all visitors, excluding the murderer. That number exactly.

darin
12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Sweet JESUS is this thread still going?

jimnyc
12-19-2007, 09:55 AM
As smart as Typo? No.

typomaniac
12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
The number that equals the current population of the most populous state, including all visitors, excluding the murderer. That number exactly.

Nope, but thanks for playing just the same.

As smart as typo? No.

Obviously not. ;)

LOki
12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Nope, but thanks for playing just the same.Why is this not the maximum number of murders he could have committed in the same state?

glockmail
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
:laugh2: Extra Heavy vs Extra Greasy :laugh2:

Missileman
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Why is this not the maximum number of murders he could have committed in the same state?

For starters, most of the people you just described haven't been murdered. So the correct answer would have to be the number of unsolved murders in any state plus 12.

LOki
12-19-2007, 04:56 PM
For starters, most of the people you just described haven't been murdered. So the correct answer would have to be the number of unsolved murders in any state plus 12.Nice.

Mr. P
12-19-2007, 05:02 PM
If this is written as a mathematical equation....it can go one of two ways..

1. Use the the numbers provided and logic which = 96

2. Use the numbers and the variable that "could" may represent.

If you use #2 the variable "could" can never be determined, it's undefinable, so there really is no answer.

glockmail
12-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Looks like typo has his own gism on his face with this one.

Mr. P
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Looks like typo has his own gism on his face with this one.

I think so...fits em though. :laugh2:

typomaniac
12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I think so...fits em though. :laugh2:

Yer just pissed because you got the answer wrong. :laugh:

As for your new buddy, he's just trying to pee over everything he can. Don't be an "enabler." ;)

Mr. P
12-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Yer just pissed because you got the answer wrong. :laugh:

As for your new buddy, he's just trying to pee over everything he can. Don't be an "enabler." ;)

I am not pissed at all...your game ain't worth being pissed about.

typomaniac
12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
For starters, most of the people you just described haven't been murdered. So the correct answer would have to be the number of unsolved murders in any state plus 12.
Oo! So close, and yet so far. The only flaw in that answer is that some states have larger numbers of unsolved murders than others.

Edit: I almost forgot! In addition to the unsolved murders, you'd have to throw in all the missing persons cases where the subjects are presumed dead.

I am not pissed at all...your game ain't worth being pissed about.
True enough. :)

Yurt
12-19-2007, 10:45 PM
as many as he could have

end of thread :finger3:

typomaniac
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
as many as he could have

end of thread :finger3:

That would have worked, had it been your first try.

You only wish this was the end... :lol:

12-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Good luck!

depends on what states.

typomaniac
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
depends on what states.

It doesn't, necessarily. See posts 113 and 120.

Yurt
12-20-2007, 08:20 PM
That would have worked, had it been your first try.

You only wish this was the end... :lol:

http://a776.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/s_660ccc2db873fce26d912dca866186b7.jpg

mrg666
12-20-2007, 09:25 PM
qualify.

so you dont want to be beaten or equalled

Gunny
12-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Good luck!

I'm not as smart as Typo, but I have a cocker spaniel that is.:poke:

mrg666
12-21-2007, 01:20 AM

Next contestant, please.

:pee::pee:

:laugh2:

glockmail
12-21-2007, 08:46 AM
so you dont want to be beaten or equalledMethinks glock or manu got the intended answer so typo had to make up another.:coffee:

Abbey Marie
12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Methinks glock or manu got the intended answer so typo had to make up another.:coffee:

Me first, I believe...

glockmail
12-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Me first, I believe... You are correct my dear Abbey!:bow2:

typomaniac
12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Me first, I believe...

You were close. As the saying goes, close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades.

Abbey Marie
12-21-2007, 12:39 PM
You were close. As the saying goes, close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades.

Close? I'm close to giving you a virtual bop on the head. :)

But instead, I will just say, I still think it is a fun thread. :salute:

typomaniac
12-21-2007, 12:39 PM
so you dont want to be beaten or equalled
I don't mind being equalled, but as I said, it's impossible to beat me. :D

Don't worry, though; you can always beat yourself. :wank2:

Mr. P
12-21-2007, 01:28 PM

I don't mind being equalled, but as I said, it's impossible to beat me. :D

HA? Not imposible at all. As the saying goes: Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and thermonuclear warfare.

Consider yerself beaten. :laugh2:

typomaniac
12-21-2007, 02:45 PM
HA? Not imposible at all. As the saying goes: Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and thermonuclear warfare.

Consider yerself beaten. :laugh2:
Not unless you've got the bomb. :blowup:

typomaniac
12-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Close? I'm close to giving you a virtual bop on the head. :)I don't mind. :)

But instead, I will just say, I still think it is a fun thread. :salute:Thanks; I think so, too. I feel like I'm hosting a talk radio call-in show. :cool:

Yurt
12-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't mind. :)
Thanks; I think so, too. I feel like I'm hosting a talk radio call-in show. :cool:

*cough* BS *cough*

you won't even take second guesses, what kind of crap is that? you have first notify your audience of that fact. besides with no second guesses, you have LIMITED the people who will "tune" into your show, dum dum, you want "loyal" listeners

:cool:

typomaniac
12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
*cough* BS *cough*

you won't even take second guesses, what kind of crap is that? you have first notify your audience of that fact. besides with no second guesses, you have LIMITED the people who will "tune" into your show, dum dum, you want "loyal" listeners

:cool:

I'm still treating my audience much better than Rush treats his. :cool:

Yurt
12-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm still treating my audience much better than Rush treats his. :cool:

point ---> prove

typomaniac
12-22-2007, 06:54 PM
point ---> prove

Why? I wasn't even saying that this thread was like a radio call-in show to begin with. Only that it "felt like" one.
:slap:

typomaniac
12-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Okay, it's official. No correct answers on the first try (as per the original rules), so there are no winners. Nobody's as smart as I am.
:dance:

For the curious, several equivalent correct answers are:

1. The maximum number can't be determined from the information given.
2. There is no DEFINED maximum number.
3. The total number of unsolved murders and missing persons cases (where the subject is presumed dead) in the state with the largest number of such cases, plus 12.
4. As many as he could have.

If you're into Christmas, have a merry one, and a happy new year to all. I'm off to party. :cheers2:

Said1
12-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Okay, it's official. No correct answers on the first try (as per the original rules), so there are no winners. Nobody's as smart as I am.

Puuulleeeeaaassse. Like you didn't copy the question/answer from elsewhere. :laugh2:

typomaniac
12-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Puuulleeeeaaassse. Like you didn't copy the question/answer from elsewhere. :laugh2:

From my iPhone during a moment of boredom:

I'll swear on whatever you want me to - I thought the question up totally on my own. :talk2hand:

I guess someone else could have thought of it independently, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Yurt
12-24-2007, 09:25 PM
typomaniac;174895]Okay, it's official. No correct answers on the first try (as per the original rules), so there are no winners. Nobody's as smart as I am.

original rules? LOOOOL. youz aint smart, there were never any "original" rules. You made them up as you went along, just like this question. The first post which laid out the ground work and the rules:

Good luck!

[The first person to answer correctly will have proved that he or she is as smart as I am. It is not possible to be smarter. ]

Nothing about first tries. You made that up in a later post. Nice try. :dance:

For the curious, several equivalent correct answers are:

1. The maximum number can't be determined from the information given.
2. There is no DEFINED maximum number.
3. The total number of unsolved murders and missing persons cases (where the subject is presumed dead) in the state with the largest number of such cases, plus 12.
4. As many as he could have.

If you're into Christmas, have a merry one, and a happy new year to all. I'm off to party. :cheers2:

hahahahaha, "equivalent correct answers" LOOOOL

have drink dear boy :cheers2: