PDA

View Full Version : Senseo

Abbey Marie
12-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I just received one of these for my birthday. I haven't tried it yet, but I am looking forward to it. You can make one cup of coffee at a time, and there is zero clean up except your coffee mug.

Anyone familiar with this coffee maker? Are you happy with it?

http://www.senseostore.com/images/machine_deluxe_sm.jpg

Kathianne
12-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Abbey, I've yet to meet a coffemaker I didn't like. :laugh2::coffee:

Abbey Marie
12-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Abbey, I've yet to meet a coffemaker I didn't like. :laugh2::coffee:

:coffee:

Kathianne
12-17-2007, 10:14 PM
:coffee:

Reminds me, for some reason parents have already given me 3 lbs of Starbucks coffees, 4 mugs, and $35 in Starbucks gift cards. :coffee:

shattered
12-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I just received one of these for my birthday. I haven't tried it yet, but I am looking forward to it. You can make one cup of coffee at a time, and there is zero clean up except your coffee mug.

http://www.senseostore.com/images/machine_deluxe_sm.jpg

I tried it.. It was ok... But I traded it in on a Tassimo, which is the same concept, but gives you far more options.. Makes hot cocoa, tea, coffee, latte, and cappuccinos... Still uses pods..the taste is amazing. I just like a lot more variety than just coffee...

shattered
12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Reminds me, for some reason parents have already given me 3 lbs of Starbucks coffees, 4 mugs, and $35 in Starbucks gift cards. :coffee:

I'll take the gift cards.

Signed,
-Starbucks Junkie

Abbey Marie
12-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I tried it.. It was ok... But I traded it in on a Tassimo, which is the same concept, but gives you far more options.. Makes hot cocoa, tea, coffee, latte, and cappuccinos... Still uses pods..the taste is amazing. I just like a lot more variety than just coffee...

It looks like this will do tea and cappucino, but I can't say for sure yet...

Kathianne
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll take the gift cards.

Signed,
-Starbucks Junkie

No you won't. Or as Pale might say, "Only if you pry them from my dead, cold hands." :coffee:

Seriously, Starbucks isn't my favorite. However the kids are well aware of my coffee habit, so when mom says, "What shall we get Ms. D?" It seems to be Starbucks, Borders, or Chalkboard certificates (teacher's store).

shattered
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
No you won't. Or as Pale might say, "Only if you pry them from my dead, cold hands." :coffee:

Seriously, Starbucks isn't my favorite. However the kids are well aware of my coffee habit, so when mom says, "What shall we get Ms. D?" It seems to be Starbucks, Borders, or Chalkboard certificates (teacher's store).

I have a $5.07 a day Starbucks habit. Sometimes twice a day.

Kathianne
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I have a $5.07 a day Starbucks habit. Sometimes twice a day.

Wow, you can afford to :smoke: j/k, coffee is much better!

Abbey Marie
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
My favorite is diner coffee in those thick old white cups. It just seems to taste better in those cups. :coffee:

http://mmm-yoso.typepad.com/mmmyoso/images/p1010567.JPG

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/5/7/0/8/5/webimg/14838551_tp.jpg

shattered
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Wow, you can afford to :smoke: j/k, coffee is much better!

I work hard. :D

82Marine89
12-17-2007, 10:34 PM

I divorced my last coffee maker. :coffee:

Abbey Marie
12-17-2007, 10:36 PM
I divorced my last coffee maker. :coffee:

Ooh, possibly an homage to my dishwasher comment? :laugh2:

manu1959
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM
sorry but starbucks is the worst coffee on the planet.....

5stringJeff
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
OK, since we're talking coffee, for those who want to step up from Starbucks, try Coffee Fool (http://www.coffeefool.com/). I've been a customer for about 6 months now and I'm hooked. Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc. tastes bitter and yucky to me now. Coffee Fool is that good.

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 05:22 AM
OK, since we're talking coffee, for those who want to step up from Starbucks, try Coffee Fool (http://www.coffeefool.com/). I've been a customer for about 6 months now and I'm hooked. Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc. tastes bitter and yucky to me now. Coffee Fool is that good.

Whoa, for a second there I was thinking the price was per 12oz cup! Then I got it! Still a little too pricey for me, but certainly bring it to the lounge! :coffee:

dan
12-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Dunkin Donuts is the best coffee available.

Starbucks' is pretty crappy down here, but last week, I went to a Starbucks in the East Village, in NYC, and it was outstanding. Must be something in the water.

I usually get a mocha frappucino if I go, anyway, and those things are so full of sugar, you can't tell if it's bitter one way or the other.

5stringJeff
12-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Whoa, for a second there I was thinking the price was per 12oz cup! Then I got it! Still a little too pricey for me, but certainly bring it to the lounge! :coffee:

I usually get 14 to 16 half-coffeepots out of a bag, which costs an average of $8 per 12 oz. So it's roughly $1 per pot. That may seem like a lot, but at Starbucks, drip is $2 for a large cup (or $8 per pot), and the quality of Coffee Fool is much greater.

shattered
12-18-2007, 06:04 PM
sorry but starbucks is the worst coffee on the planet.....

If you get plain coffee, you're right.. but if you get things like Peppermint Mocha, or Raspberry Mocha Frappuccino, they're outstanding.

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm going to treat myself to Jeff's suggestion next week. I must say, I agree with Shattered regarding Starbucks. I always drink black coffee, except at Starbucks, the more milk and flavorings, the better.

KitchenKitten99
12-19-2007, 10:02 AM
anyone who likes starbucks, try the eggnog latte with a shot or two of chai... tastes just like Christmas in a cup. I had to cut back tho, cuz of the calories...

Hagbard Celine
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Two days a week we get Starbucks coffee and danishes delivered in our break room. It's usually here when I get here in the morning. Today was one of those days...Mmm. :coffee: