PDA

View Full Version : Bah Humbug

red states rule
12-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Every year, the liberal media actually thinks this is a story. You the shopper are looking for deals, searching the web for the lowest price you are willing to pay, and you wait to the last minute hoping retailers will lower their prices

You are a bunch Grinchs and are stealing Christmas away from the retailers

Can someone tell me when anyone looks for the HIGHEST price to pay for wahtever they want to but

Does anyone walk into a car dealership - looks at the sticker price - and say OK?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hyGR3tcY1bm3yDvRMzeUX1amnCIAD8TJ0V5O0

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Every year, the liberal media actually thinks this is a story. You the shopper are looking for deals, searching the web for the lowest price you are willing to pay, and you wait to the last minute hoping retailers will lower their prices

You are a bunch Grinchs and are stealing Christmas away from the retailers

Can someone tell me when anyone looks for the HIGHET price to pay for wahtever they want to but

Does anyone walk into a car dealership - looks at the sticker price - and say OK?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hyGR3tcY1bm3yDvRMzeUX1amnCIAD8TJ0V5O0 I get a kick out of retailers this time of year they raise the price's 300% then say it's 50 percent off they think we are all Dumbass's but only Liberals fit that category :coffee:

gabosaurus
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

manu1959
12-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

as soon as you lower the prices you capitalist price gouger....

gabosaurus
12-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Obviously you have consumed too much Winter Solstice cheer...

red states rule
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I get a kick out of retailers this time of year they raise the price's 300% then say it's 50 percent off they think we are all Dumbass's but only Liberals fit that category :coffee:

Perhaps that is why we search for the lowest price - which the liberal media makes out to be a crisis

manu1959
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Obviously you have consumed too much Winter Solstice cheer...

nah i don't drink the blood of a sacrifice......but don't let me stop you....

red states rule
12-18-2007, 10:44 PM
nah i don't drink the blood of a sacrifice......but don't let me stop you....

Damn - tried to rep you but I have to hand it out to others first

gabosaurus is already drinking and bathing in the DNC kool aid

red states rule
12-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Here is another Christmas doom and gloom story. The liberal media jsu keeps tossing them out

Low Clothing Sales Foreshadow End of the World
By Nathan Burchfiel | December 18, 2007 - 13:21 ET
If you watched the news in the last 24 hours, you'd think women's clothing sales were the barometer for the economy. All three major networks reported a 6-percent decrease in women's apparel sales this holiday season, calling the figure "ominous," "worrisome" and "a big deal."

The only problem is that the corporation reporting the figures, Mastercard, didn't say it was that big of a deal. In fact Mastercard's SpendingPulse showed a "modest increase" in holiday sales overall, and "extraordinary growth" for eCommerce sales.

But for the MSM, good news is no news, so they zeroed in on one negative to suggest Christmas 2007 is a retail failure. And since Christmas is all about shopping, we might as well declare the whole season over before it started!

On the "CBS Evening News" Dec. 17, Anthony Mason reported "an ominous sign:

Story Continues Below Ad ↓Sales of women's clothing have dropped nearly 6 percent so far this holiday season." The next morning, "Good Morning America's" Bianna Golodryga declared a "Blue Christmas for Retailers" and the "Today" show's Carl Quintanilla reported the decline is "a big deal because women tend to do most of the holiday shopping."

The three reporters got their statistic from Mastercard, which released holiday season sales figures Dec. 17 through its SpendingPulse program. The actual news is that most segments of the sales industry are up over 2006 levels. Only women's apparel and "specialty retailers," which were down 1.1 percent, have declined.

Overall, special apparel was up 0.5 percent. Men's apparel was up 4.5 percent. Electronics were up 5.8 percent. Luxury goods were up 10.8 percent. And Mastercard declared "extraordinary growth" for eCommerce sales, up 29.8 percent over the first 20 days of the season.

Mastercard Vice President of Research and Analysis Michael McNamara said the figures weren't surprising. "Black Friday's sales came in so strong that the pace was clearly not sustainable. The sectors have settled into some clear winners as well as some under performers." Hardly the gloom and doom we're seeing on the networks.

And just in case you started thinking higher sales were a good thing, Quintanilla points to the National Retail Federation's prediction of a 4 percent increase over 2006 sales. "That may sound pretty good but it's the slowest level in four years," he said.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nathan-burchfiel/2007/12/18/low-clothing-sales-foreshadow-end-world

gabosaurus
12-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Damn - tried to rep you but I have to hand it out to others first

gabosaurus is already drinking and bathing in the DNC kool aid

You will never receive an Advent Season card from me with that attitude. :)

red states rule
12-20-2007, 05:48 AM
You will never receive an Advent Season card from me with that attitude. :)

If I did get mail from you, I would have it checked out by the bomb squad before I would open it