PDA

View Full Version : Ok, who dies in Harry

Grumplestillskin
02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
I reckon it has to be Weasley. Apparently Hermoine is based on Rowling herself so I doubt she'd do herself in. Harry is the King Kahuna so I can't see her killing him off. Weasley is the only one who is expendable IMO.

Also, I still think Snape is a double agent and is still working for the OOTP. I mean it was too obvious having him work with Voldemort...

jackass
02-13-2007, 11:12 PM
IMO I think it has to be Potter himself. How else can you just end the series w/o him dying off?

Grumplestillskin
02-13-2007, 11:16 PM
IMO I think it has to be Potter himself. How else can you just end the series w/o him dying off?

Yeah, but he's the hero. Then again, Brits aren't known for their "up" endings in movies or books. There was also talk that if she killed him off he couldn't be resurrected in any way 100 years down the line when copyright runs out (or however long the copyright lasts)

manu1959
02-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but he's the hero. Then again, Brits aren't known for their "up" endings in movies or books. There was also talk that if she killed him off he couldn't be resurrected in any way 100 years down the line when copyright runs out (or however long the copyright lasts)

it is magic....just whip up a potion and bring him back to life......

jackass
02-13-2007, 11:49 PM
There was also talk that if she killed him off he couldn't be resurrected in any way 100 years down the line when copyright runs out (or however long the copyright lasts)

Is that what she is going for?

jillian
02-14-2007, 12:38 AM
I reckon it has to be Weasley. Apparently Hermoine is based on Rowling herself so I doubt she'd do herself in. Harry is the King Kahuna so I can't see her killing him off. Weasley is the only one who is expendable IMO.

Also, I still think Snape is a double agent and is still working for the OOTP. I mean it was too obvious having him work with Voldemort...

Interesting... I think it has to be Harry. I figure he and Voldemort take each other out at the same time. On the other hand, that kind of goes against the prophesy... at least as we heard it in OOTP.

I was reading stuff about this on The Leaky Cauldron and at least some of them would agree that Snape is still OOTP, but he had no choice because of the Unbreakable Vow and that he actually saved Harry's life a couple of times.

I always thought it was going to be Neville who got killed and that Ron and Hermoine got together. :eek:

Oh...and JK did say that a character who was supposed to die got a reprieve. I have a feeling that's Hagrid.

Last word of the book is still "scar", but subject to change. ;)

KitchenKitten99
02-14-2007, 09:44 AM
i think there was polyjuice potion involved. She brought it back in #4 and #6, so I think Snape may not have been Snape...maybe someone else posing as Snape.

Grumplestillskin
02-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Interesting... I think it has to be Harry. I figure he and Voldemort take each other out at the same time. On the other hand, that kind of goes against the prophesy... at least as we heard it in OOTP.

I was reading stuff about this on The Leaky Cauldron and at least some of them would agree that Snape is still OOTP, but he had no choice because of the Unbreakable Vow and that he actually saved Harry's life a couple of times.

I always thought it was going to be Neville who got killed and that Ron and Hermoine got together. :eek:

Oh...and JK did say that a character who was supposed to die got a reprieve. I have a feeling that's Hagrid.

Last word of the book is still "scar", but subject to change. ;)

Ron and Hermoine is a gimme, all the more reason to kill him and make it more dramatic!

How the head do you know about the last word in the book? Things being leaked at the Leaky Couldron!

When it was first mooted she was gonna top somebody Hagrid was my first choice, but then she made it sound like it was somebody more important.

jillian
02-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Ron and Hermoine is a gimme, all the more reason to kill him and make it more dramatic!

How the head do you know about the last word in the book? Things being leaked at the Leaky Couldron!

When it was first mooted she was gonna top somebody Hagrid was my first choice, but then she made it sound like it was somebody more important.

No no no no no no no... can't kill Ron. My heart would break. *sniff*

JK gives interviews. The Leaky Cauldron is methodical in taking in what she says. lol...

There are some who actually think Snape might achieve redemption by dying for Harry. Will be interesting to see what happens. I thought Neville would avenge his parents, but, on the other hand, he might be the person she says is going to return to Hogwarts as a teacher (teaching horticulture, perhaps).

She also says there's going to be a non-magical person who performs magic late in life in an emergency. Aunt Petulia, maybe??

Grumplestillskin
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM

JK gives interviews. The Leaky Cauldron is methodical in taking in what she says. lol...

There are some who actually think Snape might achieve redemption by dying for Harry. Will be interesting to see what happens. I thought Neville would avenge his parents, but, on the other hand, he might be the person she says is going to return to Hogwarts as a teacher (teaching horticulture, perhaps).

She also says there's going to be a non-magical person who performs magic late in life in an emergency. Aunt Petulia, maybe??

LOL re Ron...a few more months and we'll know I guess.

Yeah, gotta be Aunt Petulia - is Mrs Weasley a muggle?

Grumplestillskin
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM
i think there was polyjuice potion involved. She brought it back in #4 and #6, so I think Snape may not have been Snape...maybe someone else posing as Snape.

Ah, yeah - good call...polyjuice potion....I reckon that's it.

jillian
02-14-2007, 01:43 PM
LOL re Ron...a few more months and we'll know I guess.

Yeah, gotta be Aunt Petulia - is Mrs Weasley a muggle?

No. Mrs. Weasley is magical. But maybe Filch??? Are there any other squibs??

KitchenKitten99
02-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Ah, yeah - good call...polyjuice potion....I reckon that's it.

my thoughts are that Dumbledore wasn't SUPPOSED to die, but something else was supposed to happen via Snape, but someone posing as Snape via polyjuice actually did kill him to make snape look bad.

KitchenKitten99
02-14-2007, 01:50 PM

all this stuff is also on her site www.jkrowling.com but ya gotta find it...:thumb:

Nienna
02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I posted this awhile back on the other board...

Ok, having recently seen the Goblet of Fire movie, I have been thinking about this series. I really think Snape was in love with Lily. And that saved him from the power of the Dark Lord. I have been imagining this scene in my head...

Malfoy Jr. has cornered Harry. Harry has lost his wand in the scuffle, and Malfoy raises his wand to curse Harry. From out of nowhere, Snape dives in and deflects the curse, killing Malfoy, but being mortally wounded himself. Harry bends over him. Snape is breathing hard, gasping out his last words. "I hated your father. Arrogant. Had no sympathy or mercy... until she changed him. I was so jealous. But he made her happy, gave her you. You are the image of him... but you have her eyes...Windows to the soul. I loved her... and that saved me. I give it to you, Harry... Lily's son."

"Give, what? What are you saying?" asks Harry, leaning close. But Snape's eyes glaze over, and he dies.

This is how Voldemort finds them. "He underestimated you, Harry Potter. He said you were just a lucky boy with smart friends. But I know better." Voldemort circles and Harry's eyes dart around, looking for his wand. "I know you have true power, Harry Potter. I know because that power came from me. Yes, I left a little bit of me in you." Voldemort reaches out a finger and presses Harry's scar. Harry screams out in pain.

Finally, Voldemort releases him. "But, unfortunately for you, you possess only a little bit of my power. I have the rest. And here I find you, wandless... and friendless. So now, I will finish the task I began years ago." Voldemort raises his wand. Harry searches desperately, but he can't find his wand, can't see a place to hide. "Avada Kedavra!" Green light blazes in a streaking finger connecting to Harry's scar. A screech rends the air, Harry's voice, and Voldemort's. The light disappears and Harry slumps to the ground. Nothing remains of Voldemort's conjured body but a ring of black ashes. Snape's gift of his own life protected Harry the same way his mother's had. Voldemort never suspected that Snape was on the other side. Voldemort's curse killed the last remaining thingie (piece of soul, can't remember what they are called), that was hidden in Harry's scar, and ended his own life.

So, FuzzyKitten (or anyone else), what do think? At any rate, the imagined scene kept my mind off the fact that I was scrubbing hardened jelly and dried chocolate milk drops off the kitchen floor.

jillian
02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Really good writing. But JK said Harry isn't a horcrux

Nienna
02-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Really good writing. But JK said Harry isn't a horcrux

Hmmm.... not even his scar?

jillian
02-14-2007, 02:07 PM
all this stuff is also on her site www.jkrowling.com but ya gotta find it...:thumb:

Heh! True Enough!

BTW, I think Snape was Snape. I think his job was to follow Malfoy to see what he was up to. I also think that when Malfoy's mom made him take the unbreakable vow, he couldn't not do it because he'd have given away that he wasn't Death Eater any more.

Also, he could have let Harry die a bunch of times and didn't. Someone using the polyjuice potion might have allowed it.

jillian
02-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Hmmm.... not even his scar?

I just know she said Harry isn't. But she'd be proud of your go at it!

Nienna
02-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I just know she said Harry isn't. But she'd be proud of your go at it!

lol! Thanks! :D That was just a daydream... I have to keep my brain occupied with SOMETHING! Housework is mindnumbing. :)