PDA

View Full Version : *Whats The Best Cell Phone; In Your Opinion?*

chesswarsnow
12-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But what are your thoughts?:coffee:
2. Or do you have any?
3. I was wondering if your cell phone is high tech, or run of the mill?
4. If you want a better one.
5. And if you did, have you heard of this unit?
6. O2 XDA~ FLAME,.......?
7. Here's a sample site:http://www.seeo2.com/web/template/Region.vm

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I have a Motorola Razor. I've had it for a couple of years and it's suited me just fine. The most hi-tech I get with my phone is text messaging. It also has a crappy little camera on it that I utilize sometimes if I see something cool like boobies or something :). My girlfriend has a blackberry phone and she loves it--she can surf the Internet on it.

manu1959
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
i phone

hjmick
12-18-2007, 12:04 PM
i phone

I'm waiting for the second, possibly even third generation iPhone.

Little-Acorn
12-18-2007, 12:06 PM
My old Nokia 6010 gets much better reception than the Samsung T509 I'd gotten when the Nokia fell out of its holster at a Minuteman camp. The Samsung kept dropping words, which the Nokia never did. And the Nokia had no camera, so I could bring it in to work (cameras of all kinds prohibited). So I wound up selling the Samsung and getting another Nokia 6010 on Ebay.

My wife's Nokia 6103 also has great reception, and a camera.

If something isn't a good phone, what do the other bells and whistles matter?

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Whats The Best Cell Phone; In Your Opinion?

That would be the one that coupled with x provider gets a signal and maintains a connection 99% of the time.

Jon
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
That would be the one that coupled with x provider gets a signal and maintains a connection 99% of the time.

I'd prefer 100% of the time, but I agree! ;)

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 02:47 PM
What steams me is that AT&T has the nerve to advertise that they are the carrier with the least dropped calls because they drop my damn calls just about once per conversation. My signal bars will go down to one and the call will drop and as soon as I hang up my bars go back up to five. They SUCK.

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 02:51 PM
What steams me is that AT&T has the nerve to advertise that they are the carrier with the least dropped calls because they drop my damn calls just about once per conversation. My signal bars will go down to one and the call will drop and as soon as I hang up my bars go back up to five. They SUCK.

My brother has that problem with sprint in N. Ga.

Hagbard Celine
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
My brother has that problem with sprint in N. Ga.

I've been thinking about switching to T-Mobile because they have that "fav five" plan where you can choose any five numbers to call anytime plus my girl has t-mobile and I talk to her the most anyway. I'm on a fam plan right now with my fam but I can't text all I want and the person I call the most is on another network.

glockmail
12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I had a Motorola e815 or something and it had the best reception ever. I had to replce it with a Razr Max, and its close but not as good as the old one. But the Razr fits well in my jeans pocket. I use Verizon and except for really remote areas, rarely have a dropped call, even while driving and taking to my long-winded sisters.

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 03:01 PM
I've been thinking about switching to T-Mobile because they have that "fav five" plan where you can choose any five numbers to call anytime plus my girl has t-mobile and I talk to her the most anyway. I'm on a fam plan right now with my fam but I can't text all I want and the person I call the most is on another network.

Verizon here...same sorta plan..I seldom drop a call. Actually it's so seldom I can remember...only 1 in 2 1/2 years.

Abbey Marie
12-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I've had this Samsung "Gleam" for a month or so, and I love it. No problems whatsoever with calls, and the graphics are exceptional.

http://www.techshout.com/images/samsung-verizon-gleam.jpg

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 06:28 PM

I'm equally pissed. Not only did I not get the rebate because AT&T couldn't follow their own directions, my Blackjack is not working. That will be the topic of another post when I'm on break and get the damn phone fixed.

Jon
12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
I had a Motorola e815 or something and it had the best reception ever.

I just had to get rid of my e815 due to an intermittent connection between the two halves. I miss that phone.

nevadamedic
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I have the brand new Motorola Razor that just came out and it sucks. It is not user friendly and it drops calls just about every call. When I called the Sheriff's Department Dispatch on Saturday night when I had that crook in custody it dropped the damn call twice. Imagine what would happen if it was an emergency.

chesswarsnow
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I may have some problems with this phone.
2. I still haven't received it, from the seller.
3. But I am hearing things, and it may be locked, and I might need some help with getting it unlocked.
4. Its a cool phone, that may not work, but I bought it and it may be a pig in a poke.
5. It has some really cool features I like, like having two sim cards that will work, simutanously.
6. Also the TV is very cool, just use the screen as a TV, is what I have wanted for quite some time.
7. I will keep you informed, and may need some technical help with it.
8. What I have gleamed from T-Moblie, if its locked, I need to contact the original company who sold it, acquire the codes, type them in and unlock it.
9. Get a working sim card and bam!
10. Its a ANYCOOL T808, which is a cool name.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
12-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well I got the phone today, while I was at work.
2. Been learning about it folks.
3. So far the TV is very cool indeed.
4. I get 20 or so channels.
5. All local channels, about half English and half Spanish.
6. Also it has a great FM radio.
7. Working on figuring it out on the phones, touch screen works great as well.
6. It has two ports for sim cards.
7. But it also has a (A) button and a (B) button.
8. The manual is written by a person who doesn't have a firm grasp on the English language, which is funky.
9. And it has not pictures, all text.
10. I will keep you updated.
11. Just found out that when the TV is on, if you push button (A) the phone captures a still frame of the programing.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

mrg666
12-21-2007, 11:17 PM
I have the brand new Motorola Razor that just came out and it sucks. It is not user friendly and it drops calls just about every call. When I called the Sheriff's Department Dispatch on Saturday night when I had that crook in custody it dropped the damn call twice. Imagine what would happen if it was an emergency.

i gave my razor to my daughter and got a n70 (nokia) from ebay .
ive since got a new contract and gota n95 i regard this as the the best on the market

chesswarsnow
12-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Sorry bout that,

i gave my razor to my daughter and got a n70 (nokia) from ebay .
ive since got a new contract and gota n95 i regard this as the the best on the market

1. Does it have a TV?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

mrg666
12-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Does it have a TV?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

no it does not
i want a good phone
a decent camera as an extra
8 gig of memory is kool

i got a tv at home and 4 pc's for my chill time

82Marine89
12-22-2007, 12:43 AM
i phone

I phone also. Sometimes I even answer it.

mrg666
12-22-2007, 01:15 AM
I phone also. Sometimes I even answer it.

:laugh2: yup

chesswarsnow
12-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have been busy lately, and haven't done my *RANT ON* thing.
2. Also spending some time trying to figure out how to get the frequency changed on my Anycool T808 cellphone.
3. From what I have concluded so far, which isn't carved in stone about my New Phone, is this.
4. In America we have a GSM Network, thats different than in Asia.
5. Americas~850-1900 mhz, Asia~ 900-1800, so this is a problem.
6. In Asia, they can take one of our phones and change the frequency, and finding a cell phone geek here to do it is a problem.
7. Worst case scenario is, I send it to some family members and have them go get it fixed to our signal.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Trinity
12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
contracts yuck I don't do them...........I actually went with cricket and got their cheapest phone it is a kyocera and works great for me for what I use it for which is calls and texting. I pay $45.00 a month with unlimited local and long distance calling, unlimited text messaging, 3 way calling, caller id and voice mail. I live in the boonies and get a signal in my house with this phone. All of my friends that come over with nextel and t-mobile or any other provider don't get a signal in my house.:poke: I keep telling em to switch!