PDA

View Full Version : Navy saves ill teen on cruise

gabosaurus
12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
This is an awesome and inspiring story. I think you will enjoy it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-ex-surgery19dec19,0,3045723.story?coll=la-home-center

hjmick
12-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I saw this on the news this morning, damn good job done by the Navy all around.

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 06:18 PM
This is an awesome and inspiring story. I think you will enjoy it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-ex-surgery19dec19,0,3045723.story?coll=la-home-center

Damn our military is good! For those that disagree with Bush, Iraq, etc., isn't this enough reason to say, "Thanks."

darin
12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Something caught my eye:

A helicopter took off from the Reagan around 5 a.m. Saturday to close the final 175-mile gap between the ships. The crew arrived after a 45-minute flight

Anyone know the top speed of a Blackhawk-series helicopter? I wouldn't think it'd hit 200mph+

Jon
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Something caught my eye:

Anyone know the top speed of a Blackhawk-series helicopter? I wouldn't think it'd hit 200mph+

No time to read the article right now. However, how fast was the ship moving, and in what direction? ;)

retiredman
12-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Damn our military is good! For those that disagree with Bush, Iraq, etc., isn't this enough reason to say, "Thanks."

apples and oranges.

disagreeing with the president's foreign policy does not prevent anyone from appreciating the military and expressing that appreciation. I appreciate the professionalism shown in these sorts of missions. I appreciate the professionalism shown in Iraq. I appreciate everyone in our armed forces who serve this country.

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
apples and oranges.

disagreeing with the president's foreign policy does not prevent anyone from appreciating the military and expressing that appreciation. I appreciate the professionalism shown in these sorts of missions. I appreciate the professionalism shown in Iraq. I appreciate everyone in our armed forces who serve this country.

Hardly. Supporting troops has zip to do with the CINC, which I believe was my original point. Surprised at you.

retiredman
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Something caught my eye:

I think that the SH-60 has an airspeed approaching 180 kts which is a bit over 200 mph

retiredman
12-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Hardly. Supporting troops has zip to do with the CINC, which I believe was my original point. Surprised at you.

YOu said,

For those who disagree with Bush, isn't THIS enough reason to say thanks.

to which I say....

I disagree with Bush and I never needed any such out of the ordinary heroics to say thanks. That was MY point.

Kathianne
12-18-2007, 09:25 PM
apples and oranges.

Regarding Pm, noted and agreed.

Mr. P
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Something caught my eye:

VNE or, the RED line, for the UH-60L is 193 knots or 241.5 mph.