PDA

View Full Version : Dillo Gets Robbed

Dilloduck
12-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Well actually it was on the 15th but I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it BUT---------someone is running around Austin shooting out the windows of cars with pellet guns and bbs guns. GUESS WHAT THEY STOLE OUT OF MY APT ??????
I really dont want this to turn into a hate the cops thing cause I know they are overloaded but when I called in tonight to try to give them info they told me to CALL BACK IN THE AM. Witnesses at my apt KNOW WHO DID IT !
mercy

ok thats it----

5stringJeff
12-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Man, that sucks. I've had my house broken into. It makes you lose your sense of security.

Dilloduck
12-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Man, that sucks. I've had my house broken into. It makes you lose your sense of security.

tell me about it----now the poor bastards are getting their windows shot out

manu1959
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
that sucks dude.....sorry to hear glad you are ok though......

Dilloduck
12-18-2007, 11:10 PM
that sucks dude.....sorry to hear glad you are ok though......

thanks---they saw me go golfing with my kid and broke in. Its frsutrating as hell knowing who did it and not being able to do a damn thing about it. We're talking about thousands of dollars of shot out car windows in Austin. Might just be a coincidence but--------------------------.

Yurt
12-18-2007, 11:11 PM
had my home burglarized when i was in the 4th grade. during christmas. it sucks... but you are strong dude. hang in there. and i seriously can't believe the cops.

Dilloduck
12-18-2007, 11:14 PM
had my home burglarized when i was in the 4th grade. during christmas. it sucks... but you are strong dude. hang in there. and i seriously can't believe the cops.

Under control but got a bunch of calls in to people who know people----someone is going to be really pissed if they find out the cops had a tip that they didnt or couldnt act on.

April15
12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Should have called a hippie!

JohnDoe
12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
maybe if you could get the name of just one of those people that got their car windows shot out with probably your stolen guns, and you told them the story about how the cops did not handle this, they could actually get the cops attention?

Did you say you know who the thieves were and the cops have done nothing? or that some people where you live know who the thieves were and the cops have not done anything? That really surprises me, I wonder why they have not taken this seriously? And now car windows are being shot out with the same kind of guns that were stolen from your house?

Were these cars in a good neighborhood? I would contact the police dept of that district, the heck with the ones in your district and see if they care enough to do something or maybe contact the Representative that covers the district of where the vandalism is taking place?

It is ashame that you are having to go through this..... I am sorry.

jd

manu1959
12-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Should have called a hippie!

how compasionate of you....

Dilloduck
12-18-2007, 11:34 PM
maybe if you could get the name of just one of those people that got their car windows shot out with probably your stolen guns, and you told them the story about how the cops did not handle this, they could actually get the cops attention?

Did you say you know who the thieves were and the cops have done nothing? or that some people where you live know who the thieves were and the cops have not done anything? That really surprises me, I wonder why they have not taken this seriously? And now car windows are being shot out with the same kind of guns that were stolen from your house?

Were these cars in a good neighborhood? I would contact the police dept of that district, the heck with the ones in your district and see if they care enough to do something or maybe contact the Representative that covers the district of where the vandalism is taking place?

It is ashame that you are having to go through this..... I am sorry.

jd

I gave the TIPS line the guys' first name and address and the whole story--outta my hands for tonight. Austin has only one police headquarters. I should know things are like this but when it happened to me personally -------:fu:

JohnDoe
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
I gave the TIPS line the guys' first name and address and the whole story--outta my hands for tonight. Austin has only one police headquarters. I should know things are like this but when it happened to me personally -------:fu:

Damn! I would be feeling the same way.

And if I were one of the car owners that got my window shot out and knew that this could have been prevented if they had just followed thru with your theft, I would be pretty damn pissed off too.

Only one police district huh? Bummer.

How did you hear about the windows being shot out with BB guns? On the News?

jd

Dilloduck
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Damn! I would be feeling the same way.

And if I were one of the car owners that got my window shot out and knew that this could have been prevented if they had just followed thru with your theft, I would be pretty damn pissed off too.

Only one police district huh? Bummer.

How did you hear about the windows being shot out with BB guns? On the News?

jd

Lead story on the local news---car window after car window shot out--and they said "call the cops if you have any clues --blablabla" :laugh2:

LiberalNation
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Cops never want to do anything or even hear you out. Annoying as heck, least that's how they were when my cat got shot.

JohnDoe
12-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Lead story on the local news---car window after car window shot out--and they said "call the cops if you have any clues --blablabla" :laugh2:

Oh geez!

So you contacted the NEWS station too and they said call the cops and you called the cops and they said call back in the morning to talk to the detective handling your robbery? Or the detective handling the vandalisms...the shooting out of the windows? hmmmm, I wonder if they are the same detective or if there is a different detective handling your theft and the windows being shot out? if they are diffferent...maybe contacting the other detective might help?

and man oh man, these thieves have alot of hate in them to just go out and shoot up cars.....guess that is better than shooting people but it shows an arrogance imo, like they knew they got away with the robbery and now they are testing the waters shooting out windows to see how far they can go without the cops doing anything....delinquents maybe....

I am just speculating....guess cuz all of this really surprises me, the complacency of the police?

jd

Pale Rider
12-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Its frsutrating as hell knowing who did it and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

This is why it's nice to have some of the kind of friends I have. A couple phone calls later, and that persons world would be a living hell.

Dilloduck
12-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh geez!

So you contacted the NEWS station too and they said call the cops and you called the cops and they said call back in the morning to talk to the detective handling your robbery? Or the detective handling the vandalisms...the shooting out of the windows? hmmmm, I wonder if they are the same detective or if there is a different detective handling your theft and the windows being shot out? if they are diffferent...maybe contacting the other detective might help?

and man oh man, these thieves have alot of hate in them to just go out and shoot up cars.....guess that is better than shooting people but it shows an arrogance imo, like they knew they got away with the robbery and now they are testing the waters shooting out windows to see how far they can go without the cops doing anything....delinquents maybe....

I am just speculating....guess cuz all of this really surprises me, the complacency of the police?

jd

I'm speculating that they are punk crackheads, the cops are too busy, and burglery and vandalism detectives don't work at night.

Abbey Marie
12-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Sorry, Dillo. That must feel weird.

gabosaurus
12-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Wait until the dudes come back. Then you can shoot them.

Dilloduck
12-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Wait until the dudes come back. Then you can shoot them.

If I haven't told you that your a worthless piece of shit recently----

you're a worthless piece of shit. :laugh2:

April15
12-19-2007, 01:37 PM
how compasionate of you....Same end result!

Dilloduck
12-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Same end result!

Not really--the hippies who now run Austin would rather spend money saving a salamander than paying a cop.

April15
12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Not really--the hippies who now run Austin would rather spend money saving a salamander than paying a cop.The end result is the same though, no one cares that you got robbed!

darin
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
ugh. Lame. When I was about 10 our house got robbed. Didn't lose much - few hundred bux worth of stuff, from what I recall. Course, we didn't have much either. :)

glockmail
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
thanks---they saw me go golfing with my kid and broke in. Its frsutrating as hell knowing who did it and not being able to do a damn thing about it. We're talking about thousands of dollars of shot out car windows in Austin. Might just be a coincidence but--------------------------. Gee isn't Austin the hot bed of the Democrats in an otherwise gun-totin' State? You'd think that everyone would be safe there.

Dilloduck
12-19-2007, 08:56 PM
The end result is the same though, no one cares that you got robbed!

I'll be damned if you're not right--called everyone except God in Austin---paper--TV---mayor--all the cop depts----. I can give them the name and home of a thief who may have supplied these vandals with the air rifles the used to shoot out car windows------not one call back--amazing.

JohnDoe
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll be damned if you're not right--called everyone except God in Austin---paper--TV---mayor--all the cop depts----. I can give them the name and home of a thief who may have supplied these vandals with the air rifles the used to shoot out car windows------not one call back--amazing.
Jimminee cricket almighty!

I DO NOT understand any of this? What the heck to we have police departments for if they are not going to investigate the crimes that have taken place and try to get the bad guys?

Someone's pet can be next shot with these guns and God forbid, a person driving on the highway and made to have a fatal accident from the windshield breaking.

Let alone the fact that this thief will continue to steal from others in your complex and maybe get guns other than BB guns.

I can not believe that no one will listen to you about knowing who is doing this or probably knowing who is doing this?

And even the news stations should be jumping all over the story at least with the angle that you were robbed, and the police did nothing, no intervues of the neighbors that witnessed the robbers, no returned phone calls from the detective in charge, and your guns could be the bb guns being used to shatter 100 car windshields.....

This is just unbelievable to me and a dereliction of duty imho.

jd

manu1959
12-19-2007, 09:18 PM
refer to our discussion on govt employees.....

I DO NOT understand any of this? What the heck to we have police departments for if they are not going to investigate the crimes that have taken place and try to get the bad guys?

Someone's pet can be next shot with these guns and God forbid, a person driving on the highway and made to have a fatal accident from the windshield breaking.

Let alone the fact that this thief will continue to steal from others in your complex and maybe get guns other than BB guns.

I can not believe that no one will listen to you about knowing who is doing this or probably knowing who is doing this?

And even the news stations should be jumping all over the story at least with the angle that you were robbed, and the police did nothing, no intervues of the neighbors that witnessed the robbers, no returned phone calls from the detective in charge, and your guns could be the bb guns being used to shatter 100 car windshields.....

jd

JohnDoe
12-19-2007, 09:20 PM
refer to our discussion on govt employees.....

:clap: hahahahahahahahaha! OKAY, you got me!!! :laugh2:

jd

Dilloduck
12-19-2007, 09:23 PM

jd

I'll be interested to hear the reasons (excuses) behind all this apathy---if I can get one. I don't care if they swiped a fricking pillow. Hell--I would at least say "ty for the tip, we'll get right on it." If one is going to be incompetent they can at least do me the honor of faking it.

gabosaurus
12-20-2007, 02:26 AM
I am guessing it is a group of desperate moms looking for money to buy tickets for Hannah Montana at the Erwin Center.