PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Hunter

stephanie
12-19-2007, 02:59 AM
:clap:

Throughout his nearly thirty years in Congress, Rep. Hunter (R-CA) has been a prominent voice on national defense and military issues. A Vietnam veteran, Hunter previously chaired the House Armed Services Committee and has long supported increased defense spending. He is the co-chair of the House National Security Caucus and supports the Bush administration’s efforts in Iraq.

Hunter has pressed for the construction of a fence on the U.S.-Mexican border, which borders his district. Under his leadership, nearly sixty miles of fencing along the border in San Diego County have been constructed. A member of the Congressional Jobs and Fair Trade Caucus, Hunter made fair trade one of the central issues of his platform and has often pointedly criticized the U.S.-China trade relationship as unfair.

After his military service, Hunter earned a law degree from Western State University Law School in California and worked as a trial lawyer in Los Angeles’ Hispanic community for a few years before his 1980 election to Congress.

Polling in the single digits nationwide, Hunter remains a lower-tier candidate for the GOP nomination. Still, Hunter’s conservative views on social issues, his military experience, and hawkish positions on Iraq and Iran may give him some credibility among Republican voters disillusioned with the frontrunners.

Read how he stands on the issues below at..
http://www.cfr.org/bios/13302/duncan_hunter.html

Campaign Issues
U.S. Policy toward Africa
U.S. Policy toward India
Military Tribunals and Guantanamo Bay
Domestic Intelligence
War on Terror
Democracy Promotion in the Arab World
Energy Policy
Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
North Korea Policy
Cuba Policy
U.S. Policy toward China
Defense Policy
Iraq
Trade
Homeland Security
Iran
Climate Change
Immigration
United Nations
U.S. Policy toward Russia

Pale Rider
12-19-2007, 03:05 AM
I'm not really disillusioned with the front runners. I think they're alright guys, except Giuliani. It's just that after doing much research on ALL of them, Hunter and Tancredo emerge as the two that most closely reflect my own beliefs.

I'll pull for both these guys as long as they stay in the race. I've donated to both their campaigns.

stephanie
12-19-2007, 04:34 AM
Well...I'm disillusioned with the front runners..

Romney..I could like, he has some good ideas..NOW..but he is flipping on a lot of his positions from when he was Gov. of Mass..

Giuliani...I like him on being strong after 9/11...but everything else while he was Mayor...No..

McCain...I wanted to pull for but can't do it..

Ron Paul....:laugh2:

I do not like Mike Huckabee...his beady eyes and his record as Gov. of Ark...scare me..

The only true conservative candidates are..

Hunter, Thompson, Tancredo..

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Well...I'm disillusioned with the front runners..

Romney..I could like, he has some good ideas..NOW..but he is flipping on a lot of his positions from when he was Gov. of Mass..

Giuliani...I like him on being strong after 9/11...but everything else while he was Mayor...No..

McCain...I wanted to pull for but can't do it..

Ron Paul....:laugh2:

I do not like Mike Huckabee...his beady eyes and his record as Gov. of Ark...scare me..

The only true conservative candidates are..

Hunter, Thompson, Tancredo..

Duncan Hunter is an awesome candidate. I have met him a couple times and he is a really nice guy. Unfortunatly I don't think he or Tancredo stand any chance of winning the nomination. I definantly would like to see Hunter get the Vice President Slot. I honestly think McCain is the most electable especially with the list of Democrats running and that is whi I have joined his campaign. I keep pushing for him to take Congressman Hunter with him if he gets the nod.