PDA

View Full Version : Women Attracted to Men in Sports Cars Cause Global Warming

stephanie
12-19-2007, 04:04 AM
:lmao:
By Noel Sheppard | December 18, 2007 - 13:43 ET
In the 1995 blockbuster film "Batman Forever," the lead character, marvelously played by Val Kilmer, quipped to Dr. Chase Meridian (Nicole Kidman), "It's the car, right? Chicks dig the car!"

Well, according to Great Britain's chief scientist, this fascination women have with guys who drive sports cars is causing global warming.

I kid you not.

As reported by the British Telegraph Monday (emphasis added throughout):

Women must stop admiring men who drive sports cars if they want to join the fight against global warming, the Government's chief scientist has urged.

Professor Sir David King said governments could only do so much to control greenhouse gas emissions and it was time for a cultural change among the British public.

And he singled out women who find supercar drivers "sexy", adding that they should divert their affections to men who live more environmentally-friendly lives.

read the rest and funny comments and find the link for the article their talking and more comments at.....
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/12/18/women-attracted-men-sports-cars-cause-global-warming

5stringJeff
12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
For a second, I thought this read "Women Attracted to Men in Sports Bars." I was about to head out and get my drink on... :)

Hagbard Celine
12-19-2007, 09:54 AM
You've got to acknowledge context if you ever want to function normally in society. This guy is making a statement about the state of culture and its effect on the environment. The Western world has an obsession with personal automobiles. Personal automobiles are like little carbonmonoxide factories pumping gas into the atmosphere. The chicks digging cars example he is giving is an example meant to illustrate this point. For God's sake. No wonder you guys enjoy the "comic" stylings of Dennis Miller. Talk about buying into the spin. Sheesh.

gabosaurus
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't know what is more ridiculous -- the idiot who wrote this tripe, or the one who felt it was relevant enough to repost here.

stephanie
12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
:lol:

Awww...is someone having a bad day?

:dance: