PDA

View Full Version : 7 In 10 Mexican Migrants Illegal

red states rule
12-19-2007, 05:51 AM
The Mexican government says 68% of its people coming to America for work are doing so illegally

How much more proof do we need to prove this country is being invaded and we need to seal the borders and to enforce our laws?

Nearly 7 in 10 Mexican Migrants Enters U.S. Illegally, Says Mexico
Wednesday, December 19, 2007

MEXICO CITY — The Mexican government reported the results of recent studies on Tuesday showing that 68 percent of Mexicans who migrate or try to migrate to the United States do so without documents and 55 percent of them hire immigrant smugglers.

The report, timed to coincide with the U.N. International Migrants Day, also noted that the Mexican-born population living in the United States increased from about 800,000 in 1970 to more than 11 million in 2006.

The majority of Mexicans now living in the United States — 6.2 million — are undocumented, according to the report, which was based on surveys of migrants and information from the government's National Population Council.

Almost 30 million people in the United are direct descendants of Mexico migrants, the report stated.

In contrast, the report said the immigrant population in Mexico is quite small and has not experienced rapid growth.

The number of foreign residents in Mexico grew from 340,000 people en 1990, or about 0.42 percent of the population at the time, to about 493,000 in 2000, or about 0.5 percent, the last year for which data is available.

More than two-thirds of the foreign residents are from the United States, and many of those are of Mexican extraction.

for the complete article

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317404,00.html

Pale Rider
12-19-2007, 05:05 PM
We don't need any more proof rsr... we need to declare war on Mexico.

82Marine89
12-19-2007, 10:00 PM
They're bragging which is in itself extremely fucked up.

retiredman
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
most invaders don't come to pick your vegetables for you!

82Marine89
12-19-2007, 10:33 PM
most invaders don't come to pick your vegetables for you!

Who said they did?

actsnoblemartin
12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
We don't need any more proof rsr... we need to declare war on Mexico.

excellent point

retiredman
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Who said they did?

I said they didn't.

opening post by RSR:

"How much more proof do we need to prove this country is being invaded"

82Marine89
12-19-2007, 10:47 PM
So where do you stand on this issue?

retiredman
12-19-2007, 10:52 PM
I think sealing our borders should be the first step. I honestly do not think that there is any realistic way to deport all of the illegal aliens that are here now.... and I do not think that our agricultural, home construction, restaurant, landscaping, industries (to name a few) could survive the shock of them disappearing - and I do not think our economy could stand the sticker shock of having to pay legal minimum wages overnight for all the labor we would have to supplant, so I think we ought to consider some way to let those that ARE here have some realistic path to citizenship.

nevadamedic
12-20-2007, 12:23 AM
We just need to put Navy Seals and Marine Force Recon troops on the Boarder and let them deal with the illegals.

82Marine89
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM
I think sealing our borders should be the first step. I honestly do not think that there is any realistic way to deport all of the illegal aliens that are here now.... and I do not think that our agricultural, home construction, restaurant, landscaping, industries (to name a few) could survive the shock of them disappearing - and I do not think our economy could stand the sticker shock of having to pay legal minimum wages overnight for all the labor we would have to supplant, so I think we ought to consider some way to let those that ARE here have some realistic path to citizenship.

I'll address your points, but the part that pisses me off the most with the open borders lobby is when you spit on my birthright by willingly offering American citizenship to those who violated our immigration laws. Isn't a temporary work visa good enough for you folks? Why the heck do you want to make them Americans?

With regards to deporting all of them, it isn't a one shot deal. You authorize local PD to question immigration status during traffic stops. You allow the Border Patrol to enforce immigration laws in the interior portions of the great Nation. No more imaginary 20 mile buffer zone. You use all monies going toward pork barrel spending and put that money into enforcement / deportation programs. You remove them from the welfare roll and all other social services. You revoke the business / contractors license of those who hire illegal immigrants. You show these people that we are serious and they will begin to self-deport.

The minimum wage argument holds no water. The ones you see standing on street corners refuse to work for less than $10.00 per hour. Those that are employed in the trades are making more than that. If they start disappearing because of deportations, we can get high school kids to work. Get them off of their cell phones, shut off their Nofriendo games, and teach them a trade. I know not all will be willing to do it, but there are those that will. Pay them the same wages these illegals are being paid and and I'm sure they will do it.

red states rule
12-20-2007, 05:51 AM
I'll address your points, but the part that pisses me off the most with the open borders lobby is when you spit on my birthright by willingly offering American citizenship to those who violated our immigration laws. Isn't a temporary work visa good enough for you folks? Why the heck do you want to make them Americans?

With regards to deporting all of them, it isn't a one shot deal. You authorize local PD to question immigration status during traffic stops. You allow the Border Patrol to enforce immigration laws in the interior portions of the great Nation. No more imaginary 20 mile buffer zone. You use all monies going toward pork barrel spending and put that money into enforcement / deportation programs. You remove them from the welfare roll and all other social services. You revoke the business / contractors license of those who hire illegal immigrants. You show these people that we are serious and they will begin to self-deport.

The minimum wage argument holds no water. The ones you see standing on street corners refuse to work for less than $10.00 per hour. Those that are employed in the trades are making more than that. If they start disappearing because of deportations, we can get high school kids to work. Get them off of their cell phones, shut off their Nofriendo games, and teach them a trade. I know not all will be willing to do it, but there are those that will. Pay them the same wages these illegals are being paid and and I'm sure they will do it.

Great plan - you should be the head of Homeland Security. To bad most Dems (abd some RINOS) are opposed to your common sense approach

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Isn't a temporary work visa good enough for you folks?

a temporary work visa WOULD be good enough, if it wasn't so hard to get....there is a cap of 66,000 non-agricultural H-2B work visas per year....how does that compare with 12 million undocumented people actually here working?......

I would say the undocumented worker is fine with a temporary work visa that does NOT include a fasttrack to citizenship.....but how do you feel about increasing the H-2B work visa cap from 66,000 to say 10,000,000?..........

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2007, 07:03 AM
7 In 10 Mexican Migrants Illegal

by the way, no not misinterpret what that statistic says.....it says 7 in 10 Mexicans crossing the border in a year are illegal....it does NOT say 7 in 10 Mexicans you see on this side of the border are illegal.......

red states rule
12-20-2007, 07:14 AM
by the way, no not misinterpret what that statistic says.....it says 7 in 10 Mexicans crossing the border in a year are illegal....it does NOT say 7 in 10 Mexicans you see on this side of the border are illegal.......

Bottom line is, the US is being invaded, the government is doing nothing, and the US taxpayer is paying the ever increasing bill

red states rule
12-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Lets hope this becomes a nation wide trend..............

Virginia groups unite against illegals
By Seth McLaughlin

December 20, 2007

Seven grass-roots organizations across Virginia have joined together to form a statewide coalition to lobby state officials for tougher enforcement of immigration laws.

The umbrella group, called Save the Old Dominion, was started Dec. 13. A mission statement on the group's Web site, at www.savetheolddominion.org, says its members are dedicated to "preserving the commonwealth for future generations" and "pursuing legislative action in Virginia to reduce the number of illegal aliens unlawfully present in the commonwealth."

Greg Letiecq, president of the group Help Save Manassas and a co-founder of Save the Old Dominion, said yesterday that the group plans to form a political action committee. He said organizers likely will file for tax-exempt 501(c)4 status that will allow the group to accept donations, which organizers plan to use to support their lobbying efforts.

"What is missing is the engagement of regular citizens in legislative process," Mr. Letiecq said. "The only people who showed up last year [to [JUMP]lobby the General Assembly] was the illegal alien lobby."

He said the reaction to amnesty proposals introduced in Congress this year and the public support for Prince William County's ordinance denying services to illegal aliens shows what can happen when citizens, rather than special interests, have a voice in crafting public policy.

Corey A. Stewart, chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors, has said the grass-roots efforts of Help Save Manassas were instrumental in drumming up support for a resolution adopted by county officials on July 10 that restricts public services for illegal aliens. Mr. Letiecq said organizers hope to replicate their success on a statewide level.

"Hopefully, we can do that in Richmond and make sure they are listening to citizens as much as special interests," he said.

Delegate Jeffrey Frederick, Prince William Republican, said the group could "absolutely" make a difference in offsetting business groups that do not want to go after illegal aliens.

for the complete article
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071220/METRO/338400318/1001

retiredman
12-20-2007, 07:58 AM
I think sealing our borders should be the first step.

I'll address your points, but the part that pisses me off the most with the open borders lobby is when you spit on my birthright by willingly offering American citizenship to those who violated our immigration laws.

reading comprehension issues?????:laugh2:

red states rule
12-20-2007, 08:01 AM

but you want to reward illegls with citizenship

that would bring more illegals to the US wanting the same treatment

retiredman
12-20-2007, 08:24 AM
but you want to reward illegls with citizenship

that would bring more illegals to the US wanting the same treatment

did you read my first sentence?

red states rule
12-20-2007, 08:27 AM
did you read my first sentence?

Yes

But you wanting to grant them amnesty was your last sentence

Trying to have it both ways again?

retiredman
12-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Yes

But you wanting to grant them amnesty was your last sentence

Trying to have it both ways again?

what part of "first" did you not understand?

red states rule
12-20-2007, 08:40 AM
what part of "first" did you not understand?

Why are you ducking the point you want to reward those who violated the law with citizenship?

82Marine89
12-20-2007, 08:49 AM

Maybe you do, I'm not sure. The word 'you' is used as a generalization. I was referring to the OBL group as a whole.

retiredman
12-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Why are you ducking the point you want to reward those who violated the law with citizenship?

I don't want to reward anyone with anything. You said that my idea of giving illegals here now a path to citizenship would "bring more illegals to the US wanting the same treatment". And I pointed out that if the borders were sealed, that would not happen.

Why are YOU ducking the fact that a sealed border would significantly eliminate further illegal immigration?

82Marine89
12-20-2007, 08:53 AM
a temporary work visa WOULD be good enough, if it wasn't so hard to get....there is a cap of 66,000 non-agricultural H-2B work visas per year....how does that compare with 12 million undocumented people actually here working?......

I would say the undocumented worker is fine with a temporary work visa that does NOT include a fasttrack to citizenship.....but how do you feel about increasing the H-2B work visa cap from 66,000 to say 10,000,000?..........

Take a look at how the system works. The government asks the trades how many visas they will need for the next year and issues them. If an industry says they need 95,000 visas, then the government should grant an additional 20,000 to that trade to cover any changes. The same should apply to other trades as well.

82Marine89
12-20-2007, 08:54 AM
I don't want to reward anyone with anything. You said that my idea of giving illegals here now a path to citizenship would "bring more illegals to the US wanting the same treatment". And I pointed out that if the borders were sealed, that would not happen.

Why are YOU ducking the fact that a sealed border would significantly eliminate further illegal immigration?

That's all fine and dandy, but you offered citizenship to those already here.

retiredman
Maybe you do, I'm not sure. The word 'you' is used as a generalization. I was referring to the OBL group as a whole.

when YOU are replying to ME and use the word "YOU", it is perfectly legitimate for me to assume that the YOU was referring to ME.

Are YOU really that fucking dumb?

(now see.... according to YOU, that last YOU of mine was a generalization aimed at the entire redneck, ballcap wearing, goatee sporting group as a whole :laugh2:)

retiredman
That's all fine and dandy, but you offered citizenship to those already here.

I offered them a path to citizenship.

82Marine89
12-20-2007, 08:55 AM
when YOU are replying to ME and use the word "YOU", it is perfectly legitimate for me to assume that the YOU was referring to ME.

(now see.... according to YOU, that last YOU of mine was a generalization aimed at the entire redneck, ballcap wearing, goatee sporting group as a whole :laugh2:)

I have to go to work. I'll respond tonight.

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Take a look at how the system works. The government asks the trades how many visas they will need for the next year and issues them.

???>..uh, no.....that is NOT how the system works......nobody asks anyone how many visas they will need.....

82Marine89
12-20-2007, 11:36 PM

Even if the borders were sealed, you still have to deal with the 20,000,000 illegals that are here inside of those sealed borders. You stated that you wanted to offer them citizenship. Why? Why do you want to spit on my birthright? Why do you want to play semantics with the word 'you' instead of addressing the points in my previous post? Do you agree with them or disagree with them? :dunno:

actsnoblemartin
12-21-2007, 01:43 AM
we need to deport those criminal fuckers who spit on us, our country, our laws, and our sovereignty.

maineman is just dead wrong on this one.

82Marine89
12-21-2007, 02:17 AM

You say redneck like it's a bad thing. Heck, the only other person to ever call me a redneck was my ex-wife. I find that pretty funny considering I grew up in Queens, New York.

nevadamedic
12-21-2007, 03:51 AM
You say redneck like it's a bad thing. Heck, the only other person to ever call me a redneck was my ex-wife. I find that pretty funny considering I grew up in Queens, New York.

Wow, Maineman reminds you of your ex wife? I always thought she err he was a little bit femine.

red states rule
12-21-2007, 04:31 AM
Even if the borders were sealed, you still have to deal with the 20,000,000 illegals that are here inside of those sealed borders. You stated that you wanted to offer them citizenship. Why? Why do you want to spit on my birthright? Why do you want to play semantics with the word 'you' instead of addressing the points in my previous post? Do you agree with them or disagree with them? :dunno:

MM want to grant them citizenship for only one reason - he sees them as a new untapped voting block

Right now when ilegals get a driviers license they also get a voter registration form. They fill it out, and now they can now vote in our elections

Libs like MM will say, "Well they are hear anyway, they have a right to voice their opinion - why not do the humane thing and let them vote?"

red states rule
12-21-2007, 04:38 AM
Now another leftie has spoken on illegals. Why is so hard for libs to want to enforce our laws?

Webb: Illegals broad issue
By Seth McLaughlin
December 21, 2007

Sen. Jim Webb yesterday said localities and states should do what is in their best interests to address their problems with illegal aliens.

"I think it's appropriate for state and local governments to take a position on this," Mr. Webb, a Democrat, told The Washington Times during an interview in his Senate office.

"On the one hand, there are going to be people who don't like that, but on the other hand, they still want us to vote for such things as the right of a local community to create a sanctuary," Mr. Webb said. "So if a local community under our system should have the right to create sanctuaries, the local community should have the right to create restrictions when people truly are illegal."

Mr. Webb, 61, made the comments in response to questions about recent efforts of local and state officials to crack down on illegal aliens in Virginia.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071221/METRO/437437526/1001