PDA

View Full Version : A random encouter...

bullypulpit
12-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I sat down to a cup of coffee a little while ago at a neighborhood coffee shop. At at a table next to me sat a young soldier, so fresh out of boot-camp his that the creases on his BDU's hadn't yet relaxed. He was talking on his cell phone and when he finished, he told me that his unit was shipping out for desert training after Christmas and then to Iraq. We talked for a few moments and then went back to our own preoccupations of the moment.

Before I left, I shook his hand and told him three things..."Listen to your sergeant...Good luck...Come home safe."

Keep him, and the rest of our troops, in your thoughts and prayers until they are all safely home.

Immanuel
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I sat down to a cup of coffee a little while ago at a neighborhood coffee shop. At at a table next to me sat a young soldier, so fresh out of boot-camp his that the creases on his BDU's hadn't yet relaxed. He was talking on his cell phone and when he finished, he told me that his unit was shipping out for desert training after Christmas and then to Iraq. We talked for a few moments and then went back to our own preoccupations of the moment.

Before I left, I shook his hand and told him three things..."Listen to your sergeant...Good luck...Come home safe."

Keep him, and the rest of our troops, in your thoughts and prayers until they are all safely home.

How come you didn't say, "and breakfast is on me" or did you? If not, it might have been a perfect opportunity.

Immie

darin
12-19-2007, 03:00 PM
dude - Immie - don't sharp-shoot him like that. His post here was a great gesture and he doesn't need to be hassled. He made a very touching encounter, public. Get off his nutsack.

Abbey Marie
12-19-2007, 03:04 PM

That was very nice, Bully. I will.

Immanuel
12-19-2007, 03:20 PM
dude - Immie - don't sharp-shoot him like that. His post here was a great gesture and he doesn't need to be hassled. He made a very touching encounter, public. Get off his nutsack.

It was touching. I didn't say it wasn't and I sure as heck wasn't hassling him. Had I been hassling him, I would have said, "Hey, moron, how come you did not buy him breakfast?"

Also, I am not anywhere near his nutsack and I sure as heck don't want to be near it either.

BP, my apologies if I was offensive. I did not intend to be. I hope you will forgive me. Here's a cup of coffee as a peace offering. :coffee: ;)

Immie

darin
12-19-2007, 03:23 PM
well, perhaps I read-into your reply. Initially it read as if you were busting his balls. If that was not your intent, I apologize. :)

Immanuel
12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
well, perhaps I read-into your reply. Initially it read as if you were busting his balls. If that was not your intent, I apologize. :)

No problem. I really wasn't. His story was a good one and even if he didn't buy breakfast just the friendly encounter was helpful, I am sure. But, breakfast would have been a great show of support.

Immie

darin
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
you can make things right, Immie, by buying breakfast for me. :)

:dance:

bullypulpit
12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
How come you didn't say, "and breakfast is on me" or did you? If not, it might have been a perfect opportunity.

Immie

I paid for his lunch.

5stringJeff
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM

I paid for his lunch.

You're the man, dude.

Immanuel
12-20-2007, 08:48 AM
I paid for his lunch.

Good for you!

I kind of thought that you might have. It just sounded like the natural thing with where you were going with that.

Immie

Immanuel
12-20-2007, 08:49 AM
you can make things right, Immie, by buying breakfast for me. :)

:dance:

How about :coffee: and donuts?

Immie