PDA

View Full Version : Gay Ind. teen sues school that wouldn't let him go to prom in a dress

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 03:04 PM
When Kevin Logan went to his high school prom in 2006, he was hoping it would be a night to remember. What he'll remember, though, will be standing outside in the parking lot while his classmates danced inside.

As Logan walked up to the prom, clad in a pink prom dress, West Side High School Principal Diana Rouse blocked the doorway and refused to let him inside.

Logan, who goes by the name "K.K." and describes himself as a gay bisexual male, filed a suit Dec. 12 against Rouse and the school board, claiming they violated his civil rights by denying him entrance to the prom based on his attire.

"What should have been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Logan to share memories with friends before graduation became an episode of humiliation and exclusion," the suit states.

Full Story..............
http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1218/logan_ctv.html

Eventhough I don't agree with this students lifestyle, the principal did violate his first amendment right. He even talked to the Principal and Vice Principal prior to the prom and they said it would be ok.

This is clearly a case of harassment as there were other issues with this Principal having school security detain him and bring him to her office because he carried a purse to school. This principal needs to be fired at the very least.

Nukeman
12-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Ummm no not really. He causes a disturbance with his flamboyant behaviour and this should not be allowed in class.

Do you think it is all right for the girls to come to school without shirts on, or otherwise in prevocative clothing.

When you have a disruptive influence in an educational setting it needs to be dealt with.

I am sure he was told in advance that the dress code for the Prom would be enforced.

I have to ask, are you feeling threatend because of your latent homosexual feelings?????

darin
12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
That boy needs SERIOUS Mental Health evaluations. Where are his parents in this?

BooHoo. The sick bastard missed his prom. Big deal.

manu1959
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
That boy needs SERIOUS Mental Health evaluations. Where are his parents in this?

BooHoo. The sick bastard missed his prom. Big deal.

this coming from a guy that has a jew in a skirt for his avatar.....:poke:

darin
12-19-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Efrayim William "Bill" Wallace was wearing pants in that scene.

12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
i cant see how any honest person could expect to challenge the school like this. id expect to be put outside if i came in jeans and a tshirt. Why is this any different? They have a dress code for the event

If he really wanted, they have pink tuxedos. he could easily have made the same point with that.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Ummm no not really. He causes a disturbance with his flamboyant behaviour and this should not be allowed in class.

Do you think it is all right for the girls to come to school without shirts on, or otherwise in prevocative clothing.

When you have a disruptive influence in an educational setting it needs to be dealt with.

I am sure he was told in advance that the dress code for the Prom would be enforced.

I have to ask, are you feeling threatend because of your latent homosexual feelings?????

Actually read the article moron. He was told by the Principal and Vice Principal that it wouldn't be a problem prior to the prom and yea itwas sure a disruptive influence since the students came outside to spend time with this one student.

I also guarantee that nowhere in the school rules and dress codes rules does it say male students are not allowed to wear dresses or carry purses.

Also why was a lesbian student allowed to addend the prom in a tuxedo? It's ok for women but not for men?

darin
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Actually read the article moron. He was told by the Principal and Vice Principal that it wouldn't be a problem prior to the prom and yea itwas sure a disruptive influence since the students came outside to spend time with this one student.

Ahem...."Allegedly" given the okay.

Here's the motivation:

unspecified compensatory...damages

Not only is that child mentally ill, he's greedy, too.

manu1959
12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure Efrayim William "Bill" Wallace was wearing pants in that scene.

nope skirt and leggings....

Nukeman
12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Actually read the article moron. He was told by the Principal and Vice Principal that it wouldn't be a problem prior to the prom and yea itwas sure a disruptive influence since the students came outside to spend time with this one student.tell yaa what MORON from your own sight. Maybe you should try READING COMPREHENSION 101.

In the time leading up to prom, Logan had discussed his prom outfit with the assistant principal and Rouse. Rouse opposed a dress and suggested a pantsuit. However, the assistant principal told Logan he should wear whatever he wanted, according to the suit

Note here where the PRINCIPAL was opposed to the idea, she has the final say!!!

Madigan said he contacted the school asking for all the reasons why Logan was denied entrance to the prom. The school cited a community school board policy governing dress code, which prohibits any clothing or accessories that advertise "sexual orientation, sex, drugs, alcohol tobacco, profanity, negative social or negative educational statements

This pretty much says it all now doesn't it!!!! They have a "DRESS CODE"

I bet your jealous your not wearing a "pretty pink dress" Or are you???????????

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Ahem...."Allegedly" given the okay.

Here's the motivation:

Not only is that child mentally ill, he's greedy, too.

Mentally ill? I don't think so. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it wrong. Live and Let Live.

manu1959
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
why should a kid that wants to wear a prom dres to his prom be prevented?

they let girls wear tuxs....why the double standard....who cares what the kid wears....

darin
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Mentally ill? I don't think so. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it wrong. Live and Let Live.

...and just because you DO agree with something doesn't make it right, does it?

This child hasn't the capacity to decide his sexuality yet. In all likelihood this kid's parents had severely failed him. He's mentally jacked up - as displayed by his behaviour.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 03:56 PM
tell yaa what MORON from your own sight. Maybe you should try READING COMPREHENSION 101.

Note here where the PRINCIPAL was opposed to the idea, she has the final say!!!

This pretty much says it all now doesn't it!!!! They have a "DRESS CODE"

I bet your jealous your not wearing a "pretty pink dress" Or are you???????????

Actually moron, the Principal doesn't have the final say, the school board does. Yes they have a dress code but don't you know how to read? No place in the dress code policy does it say a male student can't wear a dress or carry a purse. The principal had a problem with it but didn't say he couldn't wear it.

Nukeman
12-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Actually moron, the Principal doesn't have the final say, the school board does. Yes they have a dress code but don't you know how to read? No place in the dress code policy does it say a male student can't wear a dress or carry a purse. The principal had a problem with it but didn't say he couldn't wear it.
Are you really this fucking stupid!!!! Did you or did you not read the article.

If this flaming homo wanted to ware the dress and by yoru reasoning need the OK of the school board why didn't it do that......

The Principal does the day to day operations of the school. The school board makes policy and the Pricipal enforces said policy

Once again here you go MORON!!!!!! I bolded the part you are obviously having trouble with reading do I need to make it larger for you because your "turning Japanese" while reading about this guy????:poke:

Madigan said he contacted the school asking for all the reasons why Logan was denied entrance to the prom. The school cited a community school board policy governing dress code, which prohibits any clothing or accessories that advertise "sexual orientation, sex, drugs, alcohol tobacco, profanity, negative social or negative educational statements."

Hagbard Celine
12-19-2007, 04:36 PM

Prom isn't class Nukeman. Idiots come to these things all the time in tuxedo t-shirts and other ridiculous get-ups. Why not allow this fairy to come in a dress? He might learn a lesson once everyone laughs at his goofy ass. :dunno:
He's not going to get very far with his "suit." :laugh: Where I come from we call that a "TURBOPUN."

Nukeman
12-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Prom isn't class Nukeman. Idiots come to these things all the time in tuxedo t-shirts and other ridiculous get-ups. Why not allow this fairy to come in a dress? He might learn a lesson once everyone laughs at his goofy ass. :dunno:
He's not going to get very far with his "suit." :laugh: Where I come from we call that a "TURBOPUN."It is a School sponsored event. The rules apply to all after school activities that would apply during the school day. This includeds travel to and from school as well.

these are the rules in Indiana I dont know about any other states but that is how it is here....

Since this occured in Indiana I think that stands!!!!

I do see where your coming from though!!!!!!

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Another queer who expects special treatment

darin
12-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Another queer who expects special treatment

you have summed it up PERFECTLY. :)

Hagbard Celine
12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
It is a School sponsored event. The rules apply to all after school activities that would apply during the school day. This includeds travel to and from school as well.

these are the rules in Indiana I dont know about any other states but that is how it is here....

Since this occured in Indiana I think that stands!!!!

Eh. The rules are a little different for proms. I've known girls who've colored their hair to match their dress (blue), girls who wear strapless gowns, guys who wear spats, feather-rimmed hats and carry a pimp canes. They allow things like that at proms, they certainly wouldn't in class.

I do see where your coming from though!!!!!!

Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :)

Pale Rider
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
It's painfully obvious this little, flaming faggot, was breaking the dress code by wearing something that screamed he was a homo trolling for cock. Not allowed. It's a display of sexual orientation. His law suit, which is all about extorting money and nothing else, will be thrown out of court.

Had something like this happened back in my day, the little fag wearing the little pink dress, right or wrong, would have gotten his ass beat.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
It's painfully obvious this little, flaming faggot, was breaking the dress code by wearing something that screamed he was a homo trolling for cock. Not allowed. It's a display of sexual orientation. His law suit, which is all about extorting money and nothing else, will be thrown out of court.

Had something like this happened back in my day, the little fag wearing the little pink dress, right or wrong, would have gotten his ass beat.

Yea but times have changed since your day we have discovered things like Fire and The Wheel. Unfortunately people are still scared of someone who is different then them. Weather it is them being Gay or being a different race. Times do and will always change. If they want to be gay then so be it, it's not effecting anyones lives but their own.

actsnoblemartin
12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
what a crock of crap. and what can he whip out his dick too? :laugh2:

why do we have to cow to the whims of these people

if your a guy wear a tux, a girl a dress.

i didnt hear anything about gay there.

crazylyza
12-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Back in your day people got their asses beat for the color of their skin!! Is he just supposed to pretend he isn't who he is?? Really who is he hurting by wearing a dress?? And how does wearing a dress display your sexual orientation? Maybe he jsut was more comfortable in a dress than a tux...that doesn't prove he's gay. People jsut assume that guys who wear girl's clothing are gay...

Nukeman
12-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Back in your day people got their asses beat for the color of their skin!! Is he just supposed to pretend he isn't who he is?? Really who is he hurting by wearing a dress?? And how does wearing a dress display your sexual orientation? Maybe he jsut was more comfortable in a dress than a tux...that doesn't prove he's gay. People jsut assume that guys who wear girl's clothing are gay...

Wonderful first post.

I would love to know what strait guys are running around wearing dresses "cause they're more comfortable".....seriously if that doesn't scream GAY I don't know what does.

Unless your living in Scotland 200yrs ago, men arn't wearing skirts.

red states rule
12-20-2007, 07:30 AM

Is showing what a kook he is by wearing a dress

nevadamedic
12-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Is showing what a kook he is by wearing a dress

But that is his choice.

red states rule
12-20-2007, 08:02 AM
But that is his choice.

and it is our choice to call him a kook

Nukeman
12-20-2007, 08:06 AM
But that is his choice.Kind of like the choice you make to wear one every night as well.

Or continue to post and make yourself look retarded:poke:

jimnyc
12-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Eventhough I don't agree with this students lifestyle, the principal did violate his first amendment right. He even talked to the Principal and Vice Principal prior to the prom and they said it would be ok.

This is clearly a case of harassment as there were other issues with this Principal having school security detain him and bring him to her office because he carried a purse to school. This principal needs to be fired at the very least.

This is not a violation of the first amendment, nor is it harassment. Public schools are entitled to have a reasonable dress code and have the right to enforce them.

Who is he hurting? Maybe the rest of the seniors who would like to have a memorable prom. I went to school with a bunch of knuckleheads, but everyone acted and dressed accordingly at our prom. It was a special event that one should have fond memories of for life. I certainly wouldn't want my prom slighted by a dipshit wanting to wear a dress just to make a point or seek attention.

5stringJeff
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
But that is his choice.

Wrong. It is not his choice. It is the choice of the school district, as jim stated:

This is not a violation of the first amendment, nor is it harassment. Public schools are entitled to have a reasonable dress code and have the right to enforce them.

The principal made the right decision by enforcing the dress code standards that were laid out beforehand.

Hagbard Celine
12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Yea but times have changed since your day we have discovered things like Fire and The Wheel. Unfortunately people are still scared of someone who is different then them. Weather it is them being Gay or being a different race. Times do and will always change. If they want to be gay then so be it, it's not effecting anyones lives but their own.

Wow. A reasoned, logical moment of clarity from nevadamedic. I guess miracles really do happen! :cheers2:

Pale Rider
12-20-2007, 06:42 PM

Being sick in the head has nothing to do with change. If you had a dick growing out of the middle of your forehead, which you very well may have, you'd have it cut off. You'd have had it cut off fifty years ago same as you would today. Your making excuses for a perverted mental illness is once again showing how big of a fucking liberal and faggot apologiser you are nm. Don't try and push your bull shit lies about the greatest perversion this world has ever seen off on me. I don't buy it, same as all normal people. You go right ahead and think men shoving their cock up each others ass is OK. That just makes you as sick as they are.

actsnoblemartin
12-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I am personally tired of apologists, whether they speak for gays, illegal aliens, islamic terrorists or any other morally wrong behavior or action.

Being sick in the head has nothing to do with change. If you had a dick growing out of the middle of your forehead, which you very well may have, you'd have it cut off. You'd have had it cut off fifty years ago same as you would today. Your making excuses for a perverted mental illness is once again showing how big of a fucking liberal and faggot apologiser you are nm. Don't try and push your bull shit lies about the greatest perversion this world has ever seen off on me. I don't buy it, same as the majority of normal people. You go right ahead and think men shoving their cock up each others ass is OK. That just makes you as sick as they are.

Pale Rider
12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I am personally tired of apologists, whether they speak for gays, illegal aliens, islamic terrorists or any other morally wrong behavior or action.

There's nothing "gay", i.e., "happy," about a FAGGOT. It is, without a doubt, the worlds sickest perversion, and those who try and dress is up with cute little names like "gay," and try over and over to FORCE it at normal people as something we need to "accept," is just damn tiring. What all the fags really need is for someone to be honest to them and tell them their sick in the head. It is glaringly obvious that men wanting to shove each others cock up their asses and down their throats is WRONG. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. And no amount of trying to candy coat it is going to CHANGE THAT.

actsnoblemartin
12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Where would you put pedophillia, or do you consider it the same, and what about people who like to get pissed and shitted on.

just a question mate :laugh2:

on second thought, i want to hear pale rider's top ten perversions

#1 being worse, #10 being perverted but not as bad as one

There's nothing "gay", i.e., "happy," about a FAGGOT. It is, without a doubt, the worlds sickest perversion.

Pale Rider
12-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Where would you put pedophillia, or do you consider it the same, and what about people who like to get pissed and shitted on.

just a question mate :laugh2:

on second thought, i want to hear pale rider's top ten perversions

#1 being worse, #10 being perverted but not as bad as one

Most pedophiles are homos. That's another dirty little secret they try and hide and excuse away. NAMBLA on the other hand is very open about it.

actsnoblemartin
12-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Thank you for clearing that up.

I still want your top ten though

Most pedophiles are homos. That's another dirty little secret they try and hide and excuse away. NAMBLA on the other hand is very open about it.

crazylyza
12-25-2007, 10:39 PM
[/QUOTE]Who is he hurting? Maybe the rest of the seniors who would like to have a memorable prom. I went to school with a bunch of knuckleheads, but everyone acted and dressed accordingly at our prom. It was a special event that one should have fond memories of for life. I certainly wouldn't want my prom slighted by a dipshit wanting to wear a dress just to make a point or seek attention.[/QUOTE]

How do you know he was doing it to make a point or seek attention? Maybe he jsut wanted to wear it. It doesn't ruin someone's prom for a male to ruin a dress. They can choose to ignore him and leave him alone. Get over it!

crazylyza
12-25-2007, 10:42 PM
There's nothing "gay", i.e., "happy," about a FAGGOT. It is, without a doubt, the worlds sickest perversion, and those who try and dress is up with cute little names like "gay," and try over and over to FORCE it at normal people as something we need to "accept," is just damn tiring. What all the fags really need is for someone to be honest to them and tell them their sick in the head. It is glaringly obvious that men wanting to shove each others cock up their asses and down their throats is WRONG. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. And no amount of trying to candy coat it is going to CHANGE THAT.

How is that glaringly obvious??

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-25-2007, 10:54 PM
It doesn't ruin someone's prom for a male to ruin a dress. They can choose to ignore him and leave him alone. Get over it!:poke: Silly faggot broke the rules GET OVER IT

Missileman
12-25-2007, 11:16 PM

That's a lie dipshit. At the very least 60% of molestations are little girls being molested by men. In fact, the numbers point toward a 8 or 9 to 1 ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles.

If your case is as strong as you claim, you shouldn't have to make up bullshit to support it.

LiberalNation
12-25-2007, 11:17 PM
If I wore a tux better I'd wear one to prom just to see the reaction. Maybe I might find a girl at my new school who can. Doubt it tho, we're moving to a little hick town.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 11:29 PM
silly faggot, dicks are for chicks

:laugh2:

:poke: Silly faggot broke the rules GET OVER IT

nevadamedic
12-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Being sick in the head has nothing to do with change. If you had a dick growing out of the middle of your forehead, which you very well may have, you'd have it cut off. You'd have had it cut off fifty years ago same as you would today. Your making excuses for a perverted mental illness is once again showing how big of a fucking liberal and faggot apologiser you are nm. Don't try and push your bull shit lies about the greatest perversion this world has ever seen off on me. I don't buy it, same as all normal people. You go right ahead and think men shoving their cock up each others ass is OK. That just makes you as sick as they are.

Hmmmmmm, doesn't the bible say something about judging people? I think you might want to read up on that Mr. Religion.

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2007, 12:51 AM
I understand that you disagree, but if a society makes no judgments we will have no morals, no values, we will have no bounderies

Yes, there is a difference between being rude, and being honest but judgments must be made.

Hmmmmmm, doesn't the bible say something about judging people? I think you might want to read up on that Mr. Religion.

nevadamedic
12-26-2007, 01:01 AM
I understand that you disagree, but if a society makes no judgments we will have no morals, no values, we will have no bounderies

Yes, there is a difference between being rude, and being honest but judgments must be made.

So your saying someone who is gay has no morals or values? :lame2: Once again who are we to judge another human being.

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2007, 01:17 AM
no, what im saying is....

society must make moral judgments.

let me give you a better example then gays....

abortion, some say it is immoral some dont, but it healthy to make a judgment as to whether it is moral or immoral.

Society must make bounderies, whether it is our laws to make sure crimes dont go un-punished and hopefully deterred as much as possible, or personal bounderies which we dont let others avoid, by making judgments about them.

we make judgments on what food we should eat, who we should be friends with

is pr harsh yes?, do i believe in being harsh no. but i cant tell him or you how to think act or feel

my opinion is equal to yours, i can be just as right or wrong as you.

So your saying someone who is gay has no morals or values? :lame2: Once again who are we to judge another human being.

nevadamedic
12-26-2007, 01:36 AM
no, what im saying is....

society must make moral judgments.

let me give you a better example then gays....

abortion, some say it is immoral some dont, but it healthy to make a judgment as to whether it is moral or immoral.

Society must make bounderies, whether it is our laws to make sure crimes dont go un-punished and hopefully deterred as much as possible, or personal bounderies which we dont let others avoid, by making judgments about them.

we make judgments on what food we should eat, who we should be friends with

is pr harsh yes?, do i believe in being harsh no. but i cant tell him or you how to think act or feel

my opinion is equal to yours, i can be just as right or wrong as you.

I agree with abortion in the situations of Rape, Incest or if it endangers the mothers life to carry or give birth.

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2007, 01:38 AM
i agree

I agree with abortion in the situations of Rape, Incest or if it endangers the mothers life to carry or give birth.

Kathianne
12-26-2007, 01:44 AM
i agree

See what I mean, Martin? This is what is giving you that reputation.

nevadamedic
12-26-2007, 01:59 AM

Agreeing with me?!? :poke:

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2007, 03:13 AM
what are you talking about?

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2007, 03:40 AM
FUCK YOU

nevadamedic
12-26-2007, 11:43 AM
FUCK YOU

That was really uncalled for.

jimnyc
12-26-2007, 03:36 PM
How do you know he was doing it to make a point or seek attention? Maybe he jsut wanted to wear it. It doesn't ruin someone's prom for a male to ruin a dress. They can choose to ignore him and leave him alone. Get over it!

Yes, it sullies my memories of a special occasion if I see someone being allowed to display their deviant behavior and lifestyle at a formal function. If he wasn't doing it to make a point or to seek attention, then he should have been attending the local emergency room for his disorder instead of the prom. Queers just aren't going to be accepted in mainstream society, so YOU get over it.

MtnBiker
12-26-2007, 03:37 PM
FUCK YOU

You are done in this thread.

jimnyc
12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
You are done in this thread.

I missed that! LOL Touchy little bastard at times, ain't he? :coffee:

typomaniac
12-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Wonderful first post.

I would love to know what strait guys are running around wearing dresses "cause they're more comfortable".....seriously if that doesn't scream GAY I don't know what does.

Unless the kid's a transgender. In which case he has a legitimate medical condition that ultimately has to be solved with a sex change.

Yurt
12-26-2007, 06:10 PM
i cant see how any honest person could expect to challenge the school like this. id expect to be put outside if i came in jeans and a tshirt. Why is this any different? They have a dress code for the event

If he really wanted, they have pink tuxedos. he could easily have made the same point with that.

excellent point

nevadamedic
12-27-2007, 12:38 AM
I missed that! LOL Touchy little bastard at times, ain't he? :coffee:

Martin just gets worked up sometimes. I think he might need a hug. :laugh2:

BoogyMan
12-27-2007, 12:48 AM

You might need to do some study on this one Nevada, the instruction is not that we not judge, but rather that we be prepared to be judged by the same standard with which we judge.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

The very clear teaching here is that we not judge hypocritically.

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

The further indication is that we should judge but we are to do so in righteous fashion.

Just clearing up the old erroneous "judge not" canard.