PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Tancredo might be out

12-19-2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1207/Tancredo_to_get_out.html

Apparently he is scheduling a huge press conference tomorrow and the media is speculating that he is ending his bid for President.

Its a shame, Tancredo was one of the candidates i liked.

12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
surprised I havent seen any comments on this one.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
It really is to bad. He is one of the candidates I would have like to see get it but he just wasn't as well known and didn't have the resources to compete with the others.

12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
It really is to bad. He is one of the candidates I would have like to see get it but he just wasn't as well known and didn't have the resources to compete with the others.

The rumors are saying he will back Thompson. I don't know if that is true or even if the rumors are accurate that he is getting out. I dont even know if he will back anyone.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 09:02 PM
The rumors are saying he will back Thompson. I don't know if that is true or even if the rumors are accurate that he is getting out. I dont even know if he will back anyone.

I'm guessing that he will back Hunter. Their stances are almost identical.

Dilloduck
12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
surprised I havent seen any comments on this one.

a one-trick pony never had a prayer.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 09:22 PM

And the peanut gallery finally chimes in.

Hugh Lincoln
12-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Idea:

Ron Paul picks Tancredo as a running mate. That's my dream ticket.

5stringJeff
12-19-2007, 10:46 PM

And the peanut gallery finally chimes in.

Actually, I agree with Dillo. Tancredo ran on one issue only, which is why his poll numbers are so low. Now, it just so happens that his position on that issue is the same as most of the rest of the GOP, but still, he only had one issue.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Actually, I agree with Dillo. Tancredo ran on one issue only, which is why his poll numbers are so low. Now, it just so happens that his position on that issue is the same as most of the rest of the GOP, but still, he only had one issue.

Not true, he has stances on Iran, Terror, Education, Guns, Abortion.

gabosaurus
12-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Tancredo is a fringe candidate whose only real issue is immigration. There is no reason to waste time in the primaries in you are not going to attract more than 3 percent of the vote.

5stringJeff
12-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Not true, he has stances on Iran, Terror, Education, Guns, Abortion.

Yes, he has stances on them, and many other issues, but his name is synonymous with illegal immigration, just like McCain's name is synonymous with campaign finance "reform."

Kathianne
12-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Backs Romney:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071220/NEWS/71220020/1001

Tancredo drops out, endorses Romney

JASON PULLIAM
REGISTER STAFF WRITER

U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo announced today he's ending his long-shot bid for the White House.

The Colorado Republican made his exit from the race official at a press conference this afternoon in downtown Des Moines. He'll throw his support behind GOP candidate Mitt Romney, he said.

glockmail
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Backs Romney:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071220/NEWS/71220020/1001

What's NM to do now! :eek:

Hagbard Celine
12-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Serves him right.

12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I must confess, I am pleasantly surprised by the endorsement. All the rumors I was seeing was saying that he would endorse Thompson. So I think this is a huge endorsement for Romney.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_on_el_pr/tancredo

more info on it.

I will say that I am pretty impressed with Tancredo. He could have continued the campaign, but he cared more about the immigration debate than winning this race. And that impresses me.

Any chance we can get him running INS or Homeland security?

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Any chance we can get him running INS or Homeland security?

I really doubt you could get Hillary to consider it......

12-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I really doubt you could get Hillary to consider it......

good thing she wont even win the nomination.

Yurt
12-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Romney/Tancredo

hmmm

nevadamedic
12-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Backs Romney:

The hell he will. When I spoke with one of his campaign people he hasn't decided who to support yet. I know he dislikes Multimple Choice Mitt. If anyone it would be Duncan Hunter because they are close friends and their views are the same but unfortunatly I see Duncan stepping out soon as well.

You can see Tom's farewell video at www.teamtancredo.com and it will bring a tear to your eye. He was almost in tears as he really wanted this in his heart. I commend him for forcing the other candidates to get stonger on Immigration and in my view he did win. :clap: Thanks Tom! :clap:

Avatar, he is planning on running for Senate, I know he is retiring from the Congress to do so. I don't think a cabinet position is in his future.

As far as a VP slot with Romney, it won't happen. Romney is going to take Jeb Bush. Jeb's top aides and advisors left long term positions with his office to go work for Romney's Campaign.

actsnoblemartin
12-21-2007, 01:42 AM
I really hope tancredo is chosen as the vice president for the republicans.

5stringJeff
12-21-2007, 09:55 AM
The hell he will. When I spoke with one of his campaign people he hasn't decided who to support yet. I know he dislikes Multimple Choice Mitt. If anyone it would be Duncan Hunter because they are close friends and their views are the same but unfortunatly I see Duncan stepping out soon as well.

You really have control issues, don't you? Now you're going to tell Tom Tancredo who he can or can't back?? :cuckoo:

Kathianne
12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
You really have control issues, don't you? Now you're going to tell Tom Tancredo who he can or can't back?? :cuckoo:

:laugh2: Yep he wants the one guy that wasn't accused of flip flopping, to do just that.

“At this point in time, (Romney) is the best hope for our cause,” Tancredo said during a news conference in downtown Des Moines.

JackDaniels
12-21-2007, 01:37 PM

I don't think your uneducated mind can comprehend anything...he's already endorsed Romney. It's over.

Fucking rent-a-pig.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't think your uneducated mind can comprehend anything...he's already endorsed Romney. It's over.

Fucking rent-a-pig.

Were you born an asshole - or did you have to work at it?