PDA

View Full Version : They are out to get Huckabee

12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2007/12/why_huckabee_may_not_fade.html

Huckabee: The Wall Street-to-Washington axis, this corridor of power, is absolutely, frantically against me. But out there in America, the reason we're number one in the polls is because I'm the guy that doesn't have some offshore mailbox bank account in the Caymans hiding my money. I'm the guy that worked my way up through it. And there are a whole lot of people in America that believe that the president ought to be a servant of the people and ought not to be elected to the ruling class....

Viera: So why do you think they're opposed to you, Governor?

Huckabee: Because they don't control me.

You know, I once thought Ron Paul was a certifiable conspiracy kook. but the more i learn about him and Huckabee the more i realize that Huckabee is alot more conspiratorial than Ron Paul ever was.

I also am curious why he seems to think none of his fellow candidates have ever had to work.

darin
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
He didn't say 'none of his fellow candidates never had to work' - 'Tar. He said HE had to work. :)

12-19-2007, 04:55 PM
He didn't say 'none of his fellow candidates never had to work' - 'Tar. He said HE had to work. :)

Yes, but context matters. and He said it while criticizing the other candidates.

JohnDoe
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
I wonder if he was telling the truth about all of the other candidates having an account in the cayman islands to avoid paying taxes?

If he wasn't telling the truth, then these other candidates that do not have accounts in the Caymans should sue him or lash out at him.

But if he was telling the truth and they do have accounts in the Cayman's to hide their money and keep from paying usa taxes on it, then that should be front page news imo....along with any Democratic presidentials that are doing the same.

jd

Pale Rider
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2007/12/why_huckabee_may_not_fade.html

You know, I once thought Ron Paul was a certifiable conspiracy kook. but the more i learn about him and Huckabee the more i realize that Huckabee is alot more conspiratorial than Ron Paul ever was.

I also am curious why he seems to think none of his fellow candidates have ever had to work.

I think it's just a matter of time before the huckaboom bubble bursts.

darin
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
I wonder if he was telling the truth about all of the other candidates having an account in the cayman islands to avoid paying taxes?

He never said "ALL the other candidates have an account in the cayman islands to avoid paying taxes."

12-19-2007, 06:01 PM

If he wasn't telling the truth, then these other candidates that do not have accounts in the Caymans should sue him or lash out at him.

But if he was telling the truth and they do have accounts in the Cayman's to hide their money and keep from paying usa taxes on it, then that should be front page news imo....along with any Democratic presidentials that are doing the same.

jd

they cant sue him. They are public figures in a campaign season. The suit would never stick. even if it was malicious.

JohnDoe
12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
He never said "ALL the other candidates have an account in the cayman islands to avoid paying taxes."

Right. He just said that HE WAS THE ONE THAT DIDN'T have one there, implying that the other presidentials did.

JohnDoe
12-19-2007, 06:10 PM
they cant sue him. They are public figures in a campaign season. The suit would never stick. even if it was malicious. well, they should lash out at him then, but i wouldn't let it slide if i were them, and it were not true!

12-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Right. He just said that HE WAS THE ONE THAT DIDN'T have one there, implying that the other presidentials did.

If you notice, he has been doing alot of implying and no straightforward accusations. That implies to me that he is afraid to challenge them on issues.

If there are some people that are out to get him, I want names. Not just Rhetoric.