PDA

View Full Version : The Atlanta Ballet: The Nutcracker

Hagbard Celine
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
At the fab Fox Theater. I'm taking my lady to it tonight because I'm a pimp. I'll give the review tomorrow, I just wanted everyone to know where I'll be tonight just in case anyone wanted to try an assassination attempt so that I'd have a chance to bust some of my Jack Bauer moves on your asses.:dance:

Mr. P
12-19-2007, 05:50 PM
At the fab Fox Theater. I'm taking my lady to it tonight because I'm a pimp. I'll give the review tomorrow, I just wanted everyone to know where I'll be tonight just in case anyone wanted to try an assassination attempt so that I'd have a chance to bust some of my Jack Bauer moves on your asses.:dance:

Any MAN that goes to The Nutcracker is gay!

Don't go potty alone.....:poke:

Hagbard Celine
12-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Any MAN that goes to The Nutcracker is gay!

Don't go potty alone.....:poke:
http://coedmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/19/011.jpg

They took a lot of liberties with the choreography--a lot of modern hand gestures such as "talk to the hand" and a lot of hip gyration. I really could have done without that. I expect a more traditional presentation with the classics. Also, they added a pig and a chef and some panda bears. :dunno: I don't know either. Some of the ballet was impressive, but they threw in a lot of bs to appeal to the knuckledragger demographic. The best part of the ballet imo is the whirling dervishes, but the guys who performed it in this rendition were sloppy and appeared to be drunk. I was also expecting a live orchestra for some reason but all the music came out of speakers. I was a little disappointed but my girl was happy so that's all that matters. I did enjoy the second half more than the first in that I brought a Stella Artois back to my seat with me after the intermission. I couldn't help but think how dangerous it would be to get caught in between the legs of a ballerina. They have some freakishly muscular legs. Anyway, I give it a six out of ten. Not fantastic. Not abysmal either.

Mr. P
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
They took a lot of liberties with the choreography--a lot of modern hand gestures such as "talk to the hand" and a lot of hip gyration. I really could have done without that. I expect a more traditional presentation with the classics. Also, they added a pig and a chef and some panda bears. :dunno: I don't know either. Some of the ballet was impressive, but they threw in a lot of bs to appeal to the knuckledragger demographic. The best part of the ballet imo is the whirling dervishes, but the guys who performed it in this rendition were sloppy and appeared to be drunk. I was also expecting a live orchestra for some reason but all the music came out of speakers. I was a little disappointed but my girl was happy so that's all that matters. I did enjoy the second half more than the first in that I brought a Stella Artois back to my seat with me after the intermission. I couldn't help but think how dangerous it would be to get caught in between the legs of a ballerina. They have some freakishly muscular legs. Anyway, I give it a six out of ten. Not fantastic. Not abysmal either.

That sounds a bit disappointing. I would have expected all that you did too. I've never been but have always heard great stuff about it. I thought they always had a live orchestra for this show...

manu1959
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
That sounds a bit disappointing. I would have expected all that you did too. I've never been but have always heard great stuff about it. I thought they always had a live orchestra for this show...

i agree i would have been pissed off.....

dan
12-21-2007, 12:17 AM
My friends saw the same show on Sunday. They said it was pretty good, but I didn't exactly ask them to go in-depth with it or anything.