PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter: Huckabee Like GOP Jimmy Carter

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Conservative pundit Ann Coulter says GOP presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee is the “Republican Jimmy Carter” and nominating him would be a big mistake for the party.

Appearing with John Gibson and Heather Nauert on Fox News’ “The Big Story,” Coulter was asked about Huckabee’s recent surge in the polls.

“I’m getting tired of this being blamed on the evangelicals,” said Coulter.

Huckabee’s rise is actually “bad for the evangelicals,” she asserted. “Mike Huckabee is the Republican Jimmy Carter.”

Nominating the ordained Baptist minister “would be a big mistake,” Coulter opined. “He has many good qualities. Unfortunately, the things that are upsetting to the mainstream media about Huckabee are what normal Americans like.”

Full Story...........
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Ann_Coulter:_Huckabee_/2007/12/18/58008.html?s=al&promo_code=4195-1

Ann is absolutly right! I'm curious to see how Hucklebee's campaign will react?

5stringJeff
12-19-2007, 10:18 PM
From the link: "she criticized the former Arkansas governor for opposing a bill that would have required Arkansas residents to prove they are Americans before they could vote or get social services."

I disagree with Huckabee on this stance, and I do recognize that while Huckabee does support most of the anti-illegal immigration platform, he does have a few weaknesses in his immigration platform.

However, Ann Coulter is not the person I'm going to rely on to figure out who to vote for.

theHawk
12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Conservative pundit Ann Coulter says GOP presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee is the “Republican Jimmy Carter” and nominating him would be a big mistake for the party.

Appearing with John Gibson and Heather Nauert on Fox News’ “The Big Story,” Coulter was asked about Huckabee’s recent surge in the polls.

“I’m getting tired of this being blamed on the evangelicals,” said Coulter.

Huckabee’s rise is actually “bad for the evangelicals,” she asserted. “Mike Huckabee is the Republican Jimmy Carter.”

Nominating the ordained Baptist minister “would be a big mistake,” Coulter opined. “He has many good qualities. Unfortunately, the things that are upsetting to the mainstream media about Huckabee are what normal Americans like.”

Full Story...........
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Ann_Coulter:_Huckabee_/2007/12/18/58008.html?s=al&promo_code=4195-1

Ann is absolutly right! I'm curious to see how Hucklebee's campaign will react?

I'd say he is more like the GOP Dukakis than Carter, with Willie Horton and all.

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Huck and the KOOK both are tied at the bottom of my list

nevadamedic
12-20-2007, 12:15 AM
From the link: "she criticized the former Arkansas governor for opposing a bill that would have required Arkansas residents to prove they are Americans before they could vote or get social services."

I disagree with Huckabee on this stance, and I do recognize that while Huckabee does support most of the anti-illegal immigration platform, he does have a few weaknesses in his immigration platform.

However, Ann Coulter is not the person I'm going to rely on to figure out who to vote for.

You mean like his stance on giving Illegals Scholarships over Citizens?