PDA

View Full Version : Mitt's reaction to Time's person of the year

12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/news/12192007b.shtml

Glenn was interviewing Mitt this morning when he found out that Time Magazine had chosen Putin as person of the year. his reaction is in the interview.

I also love the fact that Mitt would be willing to use the bully pulpit of the presidency to get things accomplished. I think one of President Bush's major flaws is he never goes to the people to get support for important things. If he had i think we could have gotten social security reform.

Abbey Marie
12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
After reading that, I am seriously considering Mitt if Hunter doesn't make it. His reaction is the same one that I had when I heard about Time.
I immediately said to my husband: Why didn't they choose Petraeus?
Putin?! Oh no you di-int.

manu1959
12-19-2007, 06:17 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/news/12192007b.shtml

Glenn was interviewing Mitt this morning when he found out that Time Magazine had chosen Putin as person of the year. his reaction is in the interview.

I also love the fact that Mitt would be willing to use the bully pulpit of the presidency to get things accomplished. I think one of President Bush's major flaws is he never goes to the people to get support for important things. If he had i think we could have gotten social security reform.

he is dead right on this....the bear has been sleeping and quietly growing strong again.....putin is slowly restarting the cold war....this time it will be waged in the middle east.....the loss of east germany and all their balkan states the us need to be paid back......

manu1959
12-19-2007, 06:18 PM
After reading that, I am seriously considering Mitt if Hunter doesn't make it. His reaction is the same one that I had when I heard about Time.

yep.....they had stalin on there twice so i guess we shouldn't be surprised.....

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM

Oh no, not you too Abbey :( This man is all wrong for the top position. Frankly I don't care who gets the Presidency for the most part on the Republican side as long as it's not Multiple Choice Mitt, Hucklebee and Looney Ron Paul.

Multiple Choice Mitt is only saying what the people what to hear. He wont listen to the people after he get's elected, he has proven that in the past.

manu1959
12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh no, not you too Abbey :( This man is all wrong for the top position. Frankly I don't care who gets the Presidency for the most part on the Republican side as long as it's not Multiple Choice Mitt, Hucklebee and Looney Ron Paul.

Multiple Choice Mitt is only saying what the people what to hear. He wont listen to the people after he get's elected, he has proven that in the past.

really who elected him before that he did not listen to.....

12-19-2007, 06:40 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0PAQZAIsOU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0PAQZAIsOU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I am currently in the process of trying to get a copy of the list.

AFbombloader
12-19-2007, 06:58 PM

I was listening thismorning, and he was not saying what we want to hear. The responce was from the heart. He did not sound like he was reading anything prepared, he really sounded shocked and reacted like I did. I have not made up my mind yet, but he does keep scoring points.

AF:salute:

glockmail
12-19-2007, 08:34 PM
I was listening thismorning, and he was not saying what we want to hear. The responce was from the heart. He did not sound like he was reading anything prepared, he really sounded shocked and reacted like I did. I have not made up my mind yet, but he does keep scoring points.

AF:salute:

First the JFK speech, then this. I am impressed.

nevadamedic
12-19-2007, 09:01 PM

You guys are being swindled by a con artist. Man people are gullable.

manu1959
12-19-2007, 09:06 PM

yes but at least we are not gullible.......:poke:

glockmail
12-19-2007, 09:20 PM

My criteria here is that the guy's real. Totally un-Hillary, and he can beat her badly.

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-19-2007, 10:54 PM
You guys are being swindled by a con artist. Man people are gullable. Ya those Ron Paul supporters are nuts

Yurt
12-19-2007, 11:59 PM
yep.....they had stalin on there twice so i guess we shouldn't be surprised.....

TIME also adolf hitler as man of the year in 1938

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Disturbing%20Truths/hitler-time_man_of_year_1938.jpg

Yurt
12-20-2007, 12:00 AM

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/hillary_clinton.jpg

nevadamedic
12-20-2007, 12:19 AM
My criteria here is that the guy's real. Totally un-Hillary, and he can beat her badly.

:laugh2: Real? Thank's I needed a good laugh tonight. :laugh2:

12-20-2007, 03:08 AM

NM, i dont think Romney knows how to con anyone.

nevadamedic
12-20-2007, 04:33 AM
NM, i dont think Romney knows how to con anyone.

Obviously he does.

red states rule
12-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Mitt is looking good, and I am giving him a second look

I wonder if Al Gore will ask for a recount on this

nevadamedic
12-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Mitt is looking good, and I am giving him a second look

I wonder if Al Gore will ask for a recount on this

Jesus Christ people have you all gone mad? :poke:

red states rule
12-20-2007, 06:14 AM

Why do you say that NV?

12-20-2007, 01:54 PM

why do people always ask that? I was never sane to begin with.:p

red states rule
12-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Al Gore must be pissed he did not win. Do you think he will demand a recount?

Kathianne
12-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I liked Mitt's response to the Putin, "Man of the Year". I must admit that the more I've read and seen of Mitt, I'm liking him more and I really was not in awe of him earlier.

Guiliani I thought was most likely to win, the money thing the NY Times ran with, was a serious blow. Now it seems they are backing off, but the damage seems to have been done.

Huckabee is a never vote for me. I find him creepy in a Mr. Rogers sort of way. He seems so 'compassionate' that he would out GW, GW.

OCA
12-22-2007, 08:32 AM

Mitt Romney allowed the people of Massachusets to be silenced by the courts and legislature and allowed queers to get married.

Think about that.

Roadrunner
12-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Reading Romney's interview with Beck re Time naming Putin "Man of the Year",
I strongly get the impression that Romney would not have to look Putin in the eye to get a sense of his soul, if you get my drift. :wink2:

12-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Mitt Romney allowed the people of Massachusets to be silenced by the courts and legislature and allowed queers to get married.

Think about that.

no he didnt. He fought it tooth and nail.

Unfortunately it wasnt only the judges who failed the people, but the legislature who blocked every attempt to allow the people to vote on the matter. But Romney tried to get the vote to the people multiple times.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Unfortunately it wasnt only the judges who failed the people, but the legislature who blocked every attempt to allow the people to vote on the matter. But Romney tried to get the vote to the people multiple times.

Given how gay marrriage has failed on all but one ballot initiative - can you blame the Democrats for not wanting the voters to decide?

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:42 PM

It happened on his watch, thats a fact. He failed the people.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 05:58 AM
It happened on his watch, thats a fact. He failed the people.

So what could have he do about it? The law was passed legally

Or don't you have an answer to that question?