PDA

View Full Version : Global warming NUTS!

Mr. P
12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Perhaps you'd be interested in how the figures are calculated.

Interesting stuff to say the least.

Just how much of the "Greenhouse Effect" is caused by human activity?

It is about 0.28%, if water vapor is taken into account-- about 5.53%, if not.

http://mysite.verizon.net/mhieb/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

glockmail
12-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Perhaps you'd be interested in how the figures are calculated.

Interesting stuff to say the least.

http://mysite.verizon.net/mhieb/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

Wow!

Nobody is interested in solutions if they don't think there's a problem. Given that starting point, I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous (global warming) is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are...

former Vice President Al Gore
(now, chairman and co-founder of Generation Investment Management--
a London-based business that sells carbon credits)

manu1959
12-19-2007, 08:43 PM
you know....somone posted a chart of temperature swings over the past 300000 years.....the world is simply in another cycle ..... being the cynic i am.....someone is simply trying to profit off of this cycle......gee who could that be.....

glockmail
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
you know....somone posted a chart of temperature swings over the past 300000 years.....the world is simply in another cycle ..... being the cynic i am.....someone is simply trying to profit off of this cycle......gee who could that be.....
If that was the only issue it wouldn't be so bad, but the main goal is to restrict freedom.

Yurt
12-20-2007, 12:02 AM
If that was the only issue it wouldn't be so bad, but the main goal is to restrict freedom.

that is absolutely right

nevadamedic
12-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Al Whore.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow!

Gore attempts to DEMONIZE those with skeptical views:
Former Vice President Gore has claimed that scientists skeptical of climate change are akin to “flat Earth society members” and similar in number to those who “believe the moon landing was actually staged in a movie lot in Arizona.”

It is his attempt to invalidate their opinions by calling them NUTS, since his credentials,as the inventor of the internet, surely gives him a position of knowledge on the science of the atmosphere, gases, and the environment, et al.

glockmail
12-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Gore attempts to DEMONIZE those with skeptical views:

It is his attempt to invalidate their opinions by calling them NUTS, since his credentials,as the inventor of the internet, surely gives him a position of knowledge on the science of the atmosphere, gases, and the environment, et al.

I've always said that when a debater uses an insult it is an indication that he has lost the argument. Yours is a brilliant example!

Little-Acorn
12-20-2007, 11:42 AM
you know....somone posted a chart of temperature swings over the past 300000 years.....the world is simply in another cycle

This one?

http://www.little-acorn.com/pics/globalwarmchart400k.jpg