PDA

View Full Version : Congressional study shows illegal immigrants sap tax dollars

Nukeman
12-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Congressional study shows illegal immigrants sap tax dollars

Hey gabs want to comment on this, You and OCA always say that the illegals dont cost anything and that they help the economy!!!!

Seems congress doesn't agree withyour assesment...

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2007/12/17/daily19.html

A study by the U.S. Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday backs up the view that undocumented immigrants sap more tax dollars than they provide, especially in education, health care and law enforcement.

The study pulled together reports from the past five years, using data from sources including the Pew Hispanic Center, the Rand Corp., the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and various universities. The Congressional study also incorporated facts from states, including Arizona, but its authors acknowledged there was no aggregate estimate that could be applied to the entire country.

The report says that in 1990, 90 percent of undocumented immigrants primarily were in six states: California, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New York and Texas.

By 2004, undocumented immigrants had increased tenfold in other states, most notably Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee, according to statistics from the Pew Hispanic Center.

The report estimates there are 12 million undocumented immigrants nationwide. Of those, 60 percent are uninsured and 50 percent of the children are uninsured. Again using 2004 statistics from the Pew Hispanic Center the average income of undocumented immigrants was $27,400 while Americans earned $47,800. The difference puts undocumented immigrants in a lower tax bracket, thus reducing the amount of federal and state income taxes generated.

The study also showed that while undocumented workers represented just 5 percent of state and federal service costs, their tax revenue did not offset the amount spent by government. The authors of the study stated that, "the general consensus is that unauthorized immigrants impose a net cost on state and local budgets. However, no agreement exists as to the size of, or even the best way of measuring, that cost at a national level."

In education, which the study notes is the largest single expenditure in state and local budgets, multiple states reported 20 to 40 percent higher costs educating non-English speaking students, many of whom come from the homes of undocumented immigrant parents. Using New Mexico statistics from 2004 as a model, education spending on undocumented immigrants comprised $67 million of the state's $3 billion education budget.

Psychoblues
12-27-2007, 02:23 AM
Other studies indicate otherwise.

Kathianne
12-27-2007, 02:29 AM

You mean the one from La Raza?

Psychoblues
12-27-2007, 02:33 AM
I indicated a plural observation.

You mean the one from La Raza?

You want to squeal about just one?

Kathianne
12-27-2007, 02:52 AM
I indicated a plural observation.

You want to squeal about just one?

No, was waiting for you to post those plural links. Thanks for responding nicely.

Psychoblues
12-27-2007, 03:08 AM
Yes, you are squealing about only one and attempting to disparage it without saying a word about it.

No, was waiting for you to post those plural links. Thanks for responding nicely.

Typical for you. If you want to research the information I would suggest your Google works the same way mine does.

Thanks for being so sweet.

Kathianne
12-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Yes, you are squealing about only one and attempting to disparage it without saying a word about it.

Typical for you. If you want to research the information I would suggest your Google works the same way mine does.

Thanks for being so sweet.

So you were speaking of a La Raza poll? I was being facetious with that. Oh well.

gabosaurus
12-27-2007, 11:20 AM
I doubt that illegals cost a fraction of what the conflict in Iraq does. At least illegals contribute something back. Iraq is throwing billions down a terrorist-laden rat hole.

Hugh Lincoln
12-27-2007, 03:02 PM
I doubt that illegals cost a fraction of what the conflict in Iraq does. At least illegals contribute something back. Iraq is throwing billions down a terrorist-laden rat hole.

A fair point, gabs. NOW, please direct your attention to the candidacy of Ron Paul, who is against BOTH the Iraq war AND illegal immigration.

trobinett
12-27-2007, 04:14 PM

I'll gladly trade Iraq for NO illegal aliens.

:salute:

gabosaurus
12-27-2007, 10:16 PM
A fair point, gabs. NOW, please direct your attention to the candidacy of Ron Paul, who is against BOTH the Iraq war AND illegal immigration.

I've been looking at Ron Paul for a while, thank you very much. :)

Chessplayer
12-28-2007, 03:10 AM

Yeah, but then again, like you guys say Congress is now Democrat controlled, you can't believe what they say.

stephanie
12-28-2007, 03:58 AM
Don't worry.....your hard earned money is only going for taking care of people who have invaded our country illegally.....and how dare US question that???? they taking away the jobs that us poor slobs Americans won't do

How dare you all complain.....we are all rich bastards and we should GIVE OUR MONEY to others.......without questions...:dance:

red states rule
12-28-2007, 06:05 AM

Hey gabs want to comment on this, You and OCA always say that the illegals dont cost anything and that they help the economy!!!!

How dare you come out with facts that show how illegals are bleeding the US taxpayer dry.

Now the open borders crowd will dismiss the study as bigoted propaganda and go back to the usual pleas for amnesty

Nukeman
12-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Your right other studies show other problems. Lets start with healthcare in Southern California or New Mexico. How many hospitals have closed their doors or severly limitted service due to unpaid bills by illegals??

I can show you report upon report abut such problems just as I am sure you can come up with a report to say the opposite. What it comes down to is who is being more honost.

If one legal American is denied anything due to an illegal utilizing services than that is one LEGAL AMERICAN too many.......

Chessplayer
12-30-2007, 01:51 AM
Don't worry.....your hard earned money is only going for taking care of people who have invaded our country illegally.....and how dare US question that???? they taking away the jobs that us poor slobs Americans won't do

How dare you all complain.....we are all rich bastards and we should GIVE OUR MONEY to others.......without questions...

Speaking of which

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/24/AR2007052402570.html

Congress Passes Deadline-Free War Funding Bill
Measure Includes Benchmarks for Iraqis

By Shailagh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 25, 2007; Page A01

Congress sent President Bush a new Iraq funding bill yesterday that lacked troop withdrawal deadlines demanded by liberal Democrats, but party leaders vowed it was only a temporary setback in their efforts to bring home American troops.

War opponents dismissed the bill as a capitulation to Bush and said they would seek to hold supporters in both parties accountable. But backers said the bill's provisions -- including benchmarks for progress that the Iraqi government must meet to continue receiving reconstruction aid -- represented an assertion of congressional authority over the war that was unthinkable a few months ago.

with restrictions on troop deployments, announced he would sign the $120 billion package, which was approved 80 to 14 last night in the Senate, after a 280 to 142 House vote.

actsnoblemartin
12-30-2007, 02:23 AM
illegals are zapping us dry. making english a 2nd language and bankrupting us

Chessplayer
12-30-2007, 02:38 AM
illegals are zapping us dry. making english a 2nd language and bankrupting us

You're right, bankrupting has nothing to do with anything but illegals (did you mean the War in Iraq?), and English is now spoken as a second language by one in five americans.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/census_2000/001406.html

The report, Language Use and English-Speaking Ability: 2000, [PDF] said 55 percent of the people who spoke a language other than English at home also reported they spoke English "very well." Combined with those who spoke only English at home, 92 percent of the population age 5 and over had no difficulty speaking English.

Among those who spoke a language other than English at home were almost 11 million additional Spanish speakers. According to the report, Spanish speakers increased from 17.3 million in 1990 to 28.1 million in 2000, a 62 percent rise. Just over half the Spanish speakers reported speaking English "very well."

I'm shuddering in my boots.

red states rule
12-30-2007, 04:49 AM
Speaking of which

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/24/AR2007052402570.html

Congress Passes Deadline-Free War Funding Bill
Measure Includes Benchmarks for Iraqis

By Shailagh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 25, 2007; Page A01

Congress sent President Bush a new Iraq funding bill yesterday that lacked troop withdrawal deadlines demanded by liberal Democrats, but party leaders vowed it was only a temporary setback in their efforts to bring home American troops.

War opponents dismissed the bill as a capitulation to Bush and said they would seek to hold supporters in both parties accountable. But backers said the bill's provisions -- including benchmarks for progress that the Iraqi government must meet to continue receiving reconstruction aid -- represented an assertion of congressional authority over the war that was unthinkable a few months ago.

with restrictions on troop deployments, announced he would sign the $120 billion package, which was approved 80 to 14 last night in the Senate, after a 280 to 142 House vote.

Bad news for the left is always good news for America

Chessplayer
12-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Bad news for the left is always good news for America

How is what I posted "bad news for the left?"

red states rule
12-30-2007, 05:52 AM
How is what I posted "bad news for the left?"

Reid and Pelosi failed to get their surrender date put into the bill

Chessplayer
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Reid and Pelosi failed to get their surrender date put into the bill

Surrender date...

You mean a planned date of withdrawl? Is having an exit strategy a bad idea?

trobinett
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Surrender date...

When our enemy's know it, well, YES........:poke:

What part of know your enemy's plans can't you figure out?

Hell yea, we're so damn good, we can communicate our intentions, and STILL kick ass.....:salute:

Pale Rider
12-30-2007, 09:04 PM

Just heard again today that a brand new poll, don't recall the pollster, but the results were that the vast majority of Americans were sick of the Iraq war and felt our troops should come home, and this was Democrats and Republicans alike.

Dare I say that considering Ron Paul's stance against the Iraq war and illegal aliens, he very well could be the next President. His appeal crosses party lines.

red states rule
12-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Surrender date...

Sure, tell the terrorists when we wil leave, they will lay low, then we leave, and they come back

It was a surrender date, and the Dems saw their poll numbers sinking - so they surrendered to Pres Bush

Gunny
12-31-2007, 06:54 AM

I'm surprised anyone is surprised by this, and even MORE surprised anyone wants to try and argue against it. It's obvious, and common sense. No study required.

red states rule
12-31-2007, 06:58 AM
This is also good reading and goes into detail how illegals are a drag on the US economy

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/sr14.cfm