PDA

View Full Version : Time's Two Conservative Columnists Let Go

red states rule
12-20-2007, 08:16 AM
It seems Time does not believe in diversity. It fired it only conservative op-ed writers, and is now a haven for liberal writers

In recent years, the liberal media is no longer trying to hide its bias, and openly shows how far to the left they are

Kristol, Krauthammer Are Out of Time

Two conservative Time magazine columnists are on their way out the door: Neither William Kristol nor longtime contributor Charles Krauthammer will be on contract with the magazine starting next month. Mr. Krauthammer confirmed the news to Off the Record, and a spokeswoman for Time said Mr. Kristol’s contract would not be renewed.

And according to two sources familiar with the discussions, Time is in negotiations with National Review editor Ramesh Ponnuru to sign him to a contributor contract. Mr. Ponnuru, who in 2006 published The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life, has written twice for the magazine over the past month.

The exact reasons for the departures of Mr. Krauthammer and Mr. Kristol, both high-profile backers of the Iraq war, are not entirely clear.

“I was very happy to work with them,” said Mr. Krauthammer on the phone from his Washington office. “And I have a lot of things that occupy me.”

Asked if he would have preferred to stay with the magazine, Mr. Krauthammer, a Pulitzer Prize winner who writes a regular column for The Washington Post, suggested there wasn’t much of a choice. “It’s a hypothetical that didn’t arise,” he said.

The Time spokeswoman would not detail the reasons for ending the contract of Mr. Kristol, the editor of The Weekly Standard, but said that the decision was mutual. Mr. Kristol did not return a call for comment.

http://www.observer.com/2007/kristol-krauthammer-are-out-time

retiredman
12-20-2007, 08:35 AM
did you even read the article?

Time is in negotiations with National Review editor Ramesh Ponnuru to sign him to a contributor contract. Mr. Ponnuru, who in 2006 published The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life, has written twice for the magazine over the past month.

red states rule
12-20-2007, 08:38 AM
did you even read the article?

Time is in negotiations with National Review editor Ramesh Ponnuru to sign him to a contributor contract. Mr. Ponnuru, who in 2006 published The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life, has written twice for the magazine over the past month.

So they might have one token conservative on the staff among the many libs.

retiredman
12-20-2007, 08:57 AM
you should just admit that you didn't even read your own cut and paste!:dance:

glockmail
12-20-2007, 09:04 AM
you should just admit that you didn't even read your own cut and paste!:dance:What about his opening statement is not true?

truthmatters
12-20-2007, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=red states rule;172561]It seems Time does not believe in diversity. It fired it only conservative op-ed writers, and is now a haven for liberal writers

In recent years, the liberal media is no longer trying to hide its bias, and openly shows how far to the left they are

Dude they are hiring others to fill their positions.

These guys have made fools out of themselfs in the last couple of years by doing nothing but spouting the Bush talking points and have been wrong on almost everything they have written about.

They are going after fresh conservative perspectives to make conservatives look less foolish.

glockmail
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM

These guys have made fools out of themselfs in the last couple of years by doing nothing but spouting the Bush talking points and have been wrong on almost everything they have written about.....

Obviously you've never read or viewed their work. These two are some of the best. They often disagree with each other, with Bush, and with me.

I think that Time may be having budget problems, but firing two of the best and keeping the slackers on board is not the way to solve that problem.

jimnyc
12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
These guys have made fools out of themselfs in the last couple of years by doing nothing but spouting the Bush talking points and have been wrong on almost everything they have written about.

Can you please post/link me to the many articles, and specify what it is they were wrong about?

Dilloduck
12-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Can you please post/link me to the many articles, and specify what it is they were wrong about?

She's here for her weekly abuse---TM--you really don't need enemies that badly,do you ?

gabosaurus
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
The NY Times is one of the most conservative newspapers in the country. It's not a tool of the Bushies like the NY Post, but it is conservative among mainstream media.

Hagbard Celine
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
So they might have one token conservative on the staff among the many libs.

I don't know why you're surprised. It's right here in the "LIB HANDBOOK." *Ahem* "In keeping with adherence to the objectives of the vast-reaching liberal media conspiracy laid down in the long, long ago, thou shalt dwindle thy work staff until only believers remain, that the agenda may be spread over the face of the Earth unblemished. Clinton be thy name, hy-men."

5stringJeff
12-20-2007, 02:48 PM
The NY Times is one of the most conservative newspapers in the country. It's not a tool of the Bushies like the NY Post, but it is conservative among mainstream media.

Is today Opposite Day?

Abbey Marie
12-20-2007, 03:33 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CJEXXFYML._AA240_.jpg

BoogyMan
12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Hmm, both Krauthammer and Kristol are intellectuals who are also unabashedly conservative. I have NEVER seen either of them toe the Bush admin line as is being asserted by the methane breathers on the left.

Kathianne
12-20-2007, 04:37 PM

You may well be damning with faint praise:
conservative among mainstream media. It's pretty far left, but you may well be correct.

actsnoblemartin
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I have two thoughts

Anyone wanna give a link to prove that that besides 100% of time's writers are liberal besides the two that are fired.

second, firing two distinguised conservatives for 1 conservative, is not exactly equity

third, is this conservative any good?

fourth, show me proof that time is bias.

Im not taking sides, just asking questions

red states rule
12-21-2007, 04:26 AM
you should just admit that you didn't even read your own cut and paste!:dance:

As you posted Time is in negotiations with Ramesh Ponnuru - he has not been hired

Right now Time is 100% liberal with their op-eds. To you, that is fair and balanced

Time, like most of the MSM, has a liberal bias. It is starting to show not only on the op-ed page, but the front page as well

April15
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
As you posted Time is in negotiations with Ramesh Ponnuru - he has not been hired

Right now Time is 100% liberal with their op-eds. To you, that is fair and balanced

Time, like most of the MSM, has a liberal bias. It is starting to show not only on the op-ed page, but the front page as wellAny time a conservative is included fair is tossed out. Balanced is not a state of mind with conservatives it was you have done to your tires.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Any time a conservative is included fair is tossed out. Balanced is not a state of mind with conservatives it was you have done to your tires.

At Time, and the rest of the liberal media diversity of the staff is broken into 3catagories

Left, far left, and kook left