PDA

View Full Version : Does a politician want to work for you, or rule you?

Little-Acorn
12-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Some politicians regard the people as subjects who need to be ruled and controlled.

Other politicians regard tham as citizens who should be released from such control, and left free to sink or swim on their own, take chances, learn from their mistakes, etc. These politicians believe that government's only job, is to make sure people are free to do so.

How can you tell which one your own local rep is?

Easy. Say to him/her: "I'm an American citizen with no arrest or conviction record, nothing but a couple traffic tickets. Do you trust me to own a gun and carry it anywhere I want, without restriction?"

If he answers with a resounding YES, then he believes in your freedom.

If he answers anything else, then he doesn't trust you with a gun. And that's not the only thing he doesn't trust you with. He probably also doesn't trust you to choose your child's school, choose your own retirement plan, your own health care, handle your own property, etc. What are the chances he will support legislation that will restrict or take away those things from you?

Some people regard the issue of gun ownership as merely one among many important issues. But in fact, how a politician feels about your right to carry a gun, gives a strong insight into how he feels about your ability, and your right, to be a sovereign citizen at all.

And since he is a politician, that means he has the power to restrict you by force of law, based on how he feels about you.

Something to keep in mind when it's time to vote for him.

Hugh Lincoln
12-21-2007, 08:50 AM
It's a great question. I think the boring answer is that they're a little of both (or should be, ideally).

Gun control is goy control.

glockmail
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I agree L-A. Just like abortion, gun control is a pivotal issue.

actsnoblemartin
12-23-2007, 04:17 AM
i think the democrats want to rule us

12-23-2007, 05:06 AM
i think the democrats want to rule us

I don't think the desire strictly follows party lines.