PDA

View Full Version : Can Huckabee Survive Rush?

red states rule
12-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Now if the 2007 Republican version of Jimmy Carter loses, will Rush take the blame?

The Rush Fallout for Huckabee: Fatal, or Missing the Target?

After today, Rush Limbaugh is in reruns until January 3, the day of the Iowa caucuses.

Highlight from a moment ago: "The drive bys are doing everything they can to influence the Republican primary. Mike Huckabee has been getting a pass from the drive-bys... They don't want Rudy because they think he can beat Hillary. They don't want Romney because of the same thing. They don't want Fred Thompson because of the same thing."

Can a guy who's been slammed as hard as Mike Huckabee has by Rush Limbaugh, the most popular conservative radio talk show host in the country, go on to win the Iowa caucuses? Anybody think Rush will have dropped this issue by the third of January?

My instinct is to say, "no way, a thumbs down from Rush is fatal," but a guy on another campaign cautions me. "An Iowa pastor who has been talking up Huckabee isn't going to change his mind because Rush Limbaugh doesn't like him." He points out that a pastors and religous leaders deal with people who fall short of their ideals all the time; hearing that Mike Huckabee was too merciful in dealing with Wayne Dumond is not going to be a dealbreaker for them. They'll probably go, no pun intended, "there but for the grace of God go I."

So... if a certain significant chunk of Huckabee's supporters back him because he's the most vocal Christian in the race, not because of the conservatism of his record or policy stances.... if the moment comes where the race needs a Huck Slayer (as social conservatives thought the race might require a Rudy Slayer)... can anybody in the race go after Huckabee on that ground? Can anyone make the argument to that Republican plurality, "Okay, nevermind conservative policy choices - he's not the good Christian leader you think he is"?

Tough ground to fight on. Just thinking out loud here, can a rival point out the ethics questions from Huckabee's Arkansas days? Is Huckabee's "innocent" question about Mormon beliefs the act of a good Christian? Is there something borderline blasphemous to compare opponents' direct mail to a Biblical verse describing "weapons" deployed against the righteous, or comparing one's campaign fundraising to the miracle of loaves and fishes?

Would Jesus hire Ed Rollins?

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YTQ4NWNlN2VhYmRiZDdhZDY5ZTgxNWQ1NmUwZjQ3Mzk=

12-22-2007, 08:19 AM
i think the more important question is can Huckabee survive himself?

red states rule
12-22-2007, 08:21 AM
i think the more important question is can Huckabee survive himself?

I hope not.

April15
12-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Any one who believes the tripe Limbaugh spews should not be voting anyways. The man is a comediane, and as such should be taken lightly.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Any one who believes the tripe Limbaugh spews should not be voting anyways. The man is a comediane, and as such should be taken lightly.

If he is only a comediane, why does he make so many liberals melt down on a daily basis?

amd why did the Reid-Pelosi run Congress want to silence him via the "Fairness Doctrine"?

12-22-2007, 01:40 PM

anyone who dismisses the ideas of others with nothing but personal attacks and ignores the substance of their arguments is in no position to decide who should be voting or not.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 01:41 PM
anyone who dismisses the ideas of others with nothing but personal attacks and ignores the substance of their arguments is in no position to decide who should be voting or not.

Should anyone decide who can vote or not vote as long as they meet the legal requirements?

12-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Should anyone decide who can vote or not vote as long as they meet the legal requirements?

I think you missed my point. People who try to silence others with personal attacks rather than debating the merits of the idea, are the least qualified to tell others they should be restricted from vote.

I am in no way advocating that anyone should be restricted from voting.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I think you missed my point. People who try to silence others with personal attacks rather than debating the merits of the idea, are the least qualified to tell others they should be restricted from vote.

I am in no way advocating that anyone should be restricted from voting.

Sorry should have made my post clearer. I was in complete agreement with you

My fault

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 02:37 PM

"The tripe Limbaugh spews" aye.... so there must be TONS of it. So then here's an easy one for you, find ONE LIE Rush has told and post it here. ONE!

red states rule
12-22-2007, 02:39 PM
"The tripe Limbaugh spews" aye.... so there must be TONS of it. So then here's an easy one for you, find ONE LIE Rush has told and post it here. ONE!

Hope you have alot of time on your hands to wait. Rush makes a living off driving libs nuts with the truth about them

Kathianne
12-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Did you see Huckabee tried to 'make nice' (http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1207/Huck_offers_olive_branch_to_Rush_asks_for_him_to_g et_in_touch.html)with Rush? Rush responded (http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1207/Rush_responds.html), here's some reaction (http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2007/12/rush-to-huck-ch.html) to the response.

Rush To Huck: Checkmate

The commenters at Hot Air are speculating as to the whys and wherefores of Rush Limbaugh's response to Huckabee as reported at The Politico. But Rush's response comes with a landmine that Huckabee doesn't dare go near.

“Gov. Huckabee’s campaign is engaged in identity politics at this moment, ....

That charge is key to why so many conservatives have a problem with Huckabee. As most realize, he seeks to do the same thing with being Evangelical as the Left has been doing for years with identities such as Black, Hispanic, Female, gay, etc. Huckabee would have it so that his qualifications and positions on many important issues don't matter - only his religion, or identity, does.

If he or his people engage Rush's premise it opens the door for Limbaugh to take him down and make the argument that Evangelicals, of which Bush is one btw, shouldn't be fooled. Conservatism and evangelical-ism are two different things. I wouldn't look for Rush to drop this anytime soon. He'll have to at least comment on it when he comes back.

Given that any conversation could be so dangerous for Huckabee, he's going to look as though he turned tail and ran from a talk show host. So, the question for Huckabee is, how are you going to stand up to terrorists, if you can't even stand up to Rush? He may not realize it, yet, but Huckabee has already lost this confrontation.

He can come away looking weak, or being exposed for his non-conservative views. He'll probably try to finesse it by responding indirectly, but Rush's mentioning of identity politics in his email makes it clear Rush isn't backing down.

April15
12-24-2007, 12:00 PM
"The tripe Limbaugh spews" aye.... so there must be TONS of it. So then here's an easy one for you, find ONE LIE Rush has told and post it here. ONE!Pick anything he has said and it is a lie of omission not commission that is the core of comedy.

OCA
12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Hope you have alot of time on your hands to wait. Rush makes a living off driving libs nuts with the truth about them

He also shoots hillbilly heroin while doing it too.

red states rule
12-24-2007, 03:46 PM
He also shoots hillbilly heroin while doing it too.

He does drive libs and RINO's like you up the wall however

No matter what the liberal media and libs throw at him - he throws right back in their faces

OCA
12-24-2007, 11:09 PM
He does drive libs and RINO's like you up the wall however

No matter what the liberal media and libs throw at him - he throws right back in their faces

I wonder if Rush uses the needle or smokes his?

Did you know that Rush supported the ports deal?

red states rule
12-25-2007, 08:03 AM
I wonder if Rush uses the needle or smokes his?

Did you know that Rush supported the ports deal?

As usual, RINO'S like you have litle to offer to the discussion

Rush has disagreed with Pres Bush (and the previous Congresss) on many issues.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:15 AM
just put that individual on ignore, he is not worth responding to.

As usual, RINO'S like you have litle to offer to the discussion

Rush has disagreed with Pres Bush (and the previous Congresss) on many issues.

red states rule
12-25-2007, 08:17 AM
just put that individual on ignore, he is not worth responding to.

Like MM, it is fun to slap him around, and prove him wrong

Not much a challenge I agree

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Its not fair, I object to his actions, and yet, im compaired to him.

It wasnt fair, and i resent him not being banned, again he got away with his actions, because no one was willing to call him what he is, a cancer.

Not much a challenge I agree

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:20 AM
and what i should pretend it never happened?

i should forget that he always gets away with being an asshole, and I should not say how i feel about it?

it is wrong that he above the law/rules.

its an absolute travesty

red states rule
12-25-2007, 08:21 AM

It wasnt fair, and i resent him not being banned, again he got away with his actions, because no one was willing to call him what he is, a cancer.

He is not worth getting upset about.

BAck to the topic of this thread, Huck could be our Kerry. A big loser

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:22 AM
No member of the board should get special treatment, and i honestly believe he is, while atleast one other person has been banned for breathing

:lol:

He is not worth getting upset about.

BAck to the topic of this thread, Huck could be our Kerry. A big loser

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:26 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::dance::dance:

Don't tug on superman's cape.

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:27 AM

Well don't you think its high time you started?

*waits for cut and paste to come*

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Your opinion is not welcome asshole, go club baby seals or whatever it is you do to get your rocks off.

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:33 AM

Other way around, I do nothing wrong and get lumped in with the board head case because the board head case is a hypocrite and can't take what he dishes out.

I've been here for 4+ years, I am all 4 ventricles and the heart of this board. You get the smart ass OCA because simply put you don't have the mental capacity to debate anyone here let alone me.

I do love though when you and captain party hack jerk each other off, brings a new meaning to frustrated lovers.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:34 AM
You must be really good friends with certain people to get away with being a true swine.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::dance::dance:

Don't tug on superman's cape.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:34 AM
I hope a fist gets pasted to your stupid face

:laugh2:

Well don't you think its high time you started?

*waits for cut and paste to come*

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Liar, you talk shit about people all the time. You are a cancer, and are above the law, because the mods dont have the balls to rain you in.

Other way around, I do nothing wrong and get lumped in with the board head case because the board head case is a hypocrite and can't take what he dishes out.

I've been here for 4+ years, I am all 4 ventricles and the heart of this board. You get the smart ass OCA because simply put you don't have the mental capacity to debate anyone here let alone me.

I do love though when you and captain party hack jerk each other off, brings a new meaning to frustrated lovers.

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Your opinion is not welcome asshole, go club baby seals or whatever it is you do to get your rocks off.

Listen cookie, my position here was well cemented years before you crawled up out of your gutter and appeared.

Don't ever tell me where I can post and can't, when you find yourself higher up on the intelligence pole than me then you can do it but until then................silence..............speak only when spoken to.

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:37 AM
You must be really good friends with certain people to get away with being a true swine.

Wow I know, that post was so offensive, did ya report it cookie?

Are you sometimes afraid to scratch yourself because you might pierce your thin skin with a fingernail?

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:38 AM
you wanna get neg repped again faggot. then keep talking shit and see what happens.

Your nothing but a parasite draining the common sense, intelligence and members of this board.

I have half the posts of you, and i have more rep power and points.

You must be stupid boy, Go pound sand little boy. You cant compete with me

Listen cookie, my position here was well cemented years before you crawled up out of your gutter and appeared.

Don't ever tell me where I can post and can't, when you find yourself higher up on the intelligence pole than me then you can do it but until then................silence..............speak only when spoken to.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Unlike you, I have no problem admitting my faults. Your a coward. You could never lower your gaurd, because you might be judged.

Im not afraid of being judged, and yeah im too sensitive, when will you admit your a dickhead?

atleast it would be honest

Wow I know, that post was so offensive, did ya report it cookie?

Are you sometimes afraid to scratch yourself because you might pierce your thin skin with a fingernail?

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Liar, you talk shit about people all the time. You are a cancer, and are above the law, because the mods dont have the balls to rain you in.

Ooops, i'm sorry, I just had to play your game and report this for staff bashing.

Damn wonder what will happen?

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:44 AM
you wanna get neg repped again faggot. then keep talking shit and see what happens.

Your nothing but a parasite draining the common sense, intelligence and members of this board.

I have half the posts of you, and i have more rep power and points.

You must be stupid boy, Go pound sand little boy. You cant compete with me

Oh for chrissakes cookie! Rep? Think I care about that? Think everyone here doesn't already know that you, NM and RSR have a rep circle jerk going on?

Thats why rep means exactly.......................nothing.

You must've been really stupid or thought that we were really stupid and wouldn't have figured that out.

Cookie, you crack me up with your bravado, I must admit it is ballsy of yourself.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:44 AM
im not bashing anyone, but hey... if you wanna compare me being unhappy to you talking trash about my mother and me jerking off a male ( a gay act) then go ahead.

I didnt report that, but now i will.

Ooops, i'm sorry, I just had to play your game and report this for staff bashing.

Damn wonder what will happen?

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Unlike you, I have no problem admitting my faults. Your a coward. You could never lower your gaurd, because you might be judged.

Im not afraid of being judged, and yeah im too sensitive, when will you admit your a dickhead?

atleast it would be honest

Now just why in the world would I admit to something that is false? Dammit i'd love to cut and paste somne comments on you.

People love OCA the person, they sometimes don't love OCA the poster but they always love OCA the person...................ask dmp.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Well your wrong there. I like repping some people more then others.

Rsr, nm, pale rider, yurt, glockmail, manu are superior posters and earn everything i give them

there is no rep group, but hey if you believe that, you believe america attacked itself on 9/11

Oh for chrissakes cookie! Rep? Think I care about that? Think everyone here doesn't already know that you, NM and RSR have a rep circle jerk going on?

You must've been really stupid or thought that we were really stupid and wouldn't have figured that out.

Cookie, you crack me up with your bravado, I must admit it is ballsy of yourself.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:46 AM
cough, conflict of interest

Now just why in the world would I admit to something that is false? Dammit i'd love to cut and paste somne comments on you.

People love OCA the person, they sometimes don't love OCA the poster but they always love OCA the person...................ask dmp.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:47 AM
who cares about u as a person, this is a message board. so all we see is the poster

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:49 AM
im not bashing anyone, but hey... if you wanna compare me being unhappy to you talking trash about my mother and me jerking off a male ( a gay act) then go ahead.

I didnt report that, but now i will.

Umm cookie, they were pissed off about threads being ruined. What exactly do you think you did with RSR earlier in this thread when you guys couldn't handle comments about Rush being a junkie?

As for the rest................think thin skin. You are going to get laughed at for reporting that cookie and if they react correctly they are gonna tell you to go find your balls and quit whining.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:50 AM
again, there is no conspiracy.

#1 There my reps, i will do whatever the fuck i want with them, i'll rep myself 15 times if i feel like it

#2 everyone who gets mods, including people i disagree with sometimes earn it

#3 I dont need to have any rep group, i make excellent points, ill put up my posts against yours anyday, the whole board can see im superior to you.

#4 you can choke to death on your opinion of me, or any other issue, and i wont lose sleep over it

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Well your wrong there. I like repping some people more then others.

Rsr, nm, pale rider, yurt, glockmail, manu are superior posters and earn everything i give them

there is no rep group, but hey if you believe that, you believe america attacked itself on 9/11

LOL! You've already admitted it, can't divulge how but you already did it.

NM a superior poster!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: HOLY SHIT!:laugh2:

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:51 AM
cough, conflict of interest

Conflict of interest? Do you even have a clue as to what that means?

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:52 AM
who cares about u as a person, this is a message board. so all we see is the poster

And what you see is a beautiful friggin sight!

red states rule
12-25-2007, 08:53 AM
OK Mods, time to close this thread

OCA has derailed yet another one

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:53 AM
I admit that I like to rep him, but that doesnt mean anything.

I would like to neg rep you 5,000 times, does that make it a conspiracy too.

I admit nothing.

I agree with nevadmedic on many issues, so i dont need anyone's permission to pos rep him

whom i rep or dont rep is none of your business.

LOL! You've already admitted it, can't divulge how but you already did it.

NM a superior poster!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: HOLY SHIT!:laugh2:

OCA
12-25-2007, 08:55 AM
#3 I dont need to have any rep group, i make excellent points, ill put up my posts against yours anyday, the whole board can see im superior to you.

Damn I wish I could divulge some things right now about others thoughts on you!

Cookie, rep means nothing, its simply a game.

jimnyc
12-25-2007, 08:55 AM

Martin, I thought you had placed OCA on ignore? I also thought you agreed to stop the petty bullshit and report posts instead of engaging in non-stop attacks.

Anyway, don't bring staff into your arguments. We reign in users when necessary, and I believe even OCA will admit that we had some words as of late about certain posts. Let this be a warning about dissing staff on the forums, next time you get a short hiatus from the board.

Thread closed.