PDA

View Full Version : Vote Real Conservatism

OCA
12-22-2007, 08:38 AM
http://www.constitutionparty.com/

I will be voting for this party's candidate.

Dilloduck
12-22-2007, 09:10 AM

Serious question---Why vote for a candidate the is certain to lose ?

Kathianne
12-22-2007, 09:16 AM
I don't see a candidate for 2008.

Dilloduck
12-22-2007, 09:26 AM

Then why vote ?

Kathianne
12-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Then why vote ?

Cute, I meant at the link for the Constitution Party.

OCA
12-22-2007, 09:30 AM

Not sure why the candidate is not listed but they will have one. Maybe because they don't have primaries is my guess.

Dilloduck
12-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Cute, I meant at the link for the Constitution Party.

Not trying to be "cute". Why vote for anyone if there isn't a candidate you like?

OCA
12-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Serious question---Why vote for a candidate the is certain to lose ?

Serious question? Why vote for Republicans who govern as libs once elected?

There isn't a plug nickel worth of difference between this years field of Demos and Repubs.

OCA
12-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Not trying to be "cute". Why vote for anyone if there isn't a candidate you like?

Go back and read what the constitution party stands for, i'm willing to bet you agree with each and every part of their platform.

Dilloduck
12-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Go back and read what the constitution party stands for, i'm willing to bet you agree with each and every part of their platform.

But do you think they can win or is it voting an opportunity to just express you feelings in a voting booth ?

12-22-2007, 01:38 PM
why would i vote for that party's currently non-existant candidate, when I can vote for Romney now and get everything I agree with in their platform and avoid everything I don't agree with in their platform?

82Marine89
12-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Serious question? Why vote for Republicans who govern as libs once elected?

There isn't a plug nickel worth of difference between this years field of Demos and Repubs.

Duncan Hunter has a better chance than any Constitution Party candidate.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Hell, I have a better cahnce then any Constitution Party candidate.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Yeah it looks like a decent party, and I would like to see the big two busted. I'd be tempted to vote either for this party or maybe even Libertarian.

And if the person I vote for doesn't win, well, it's going to take more people willing to vote their conscience, instead of for who they think is going to win. That's the ONLY way we'll EVER see any change.

If you like the way it is now, just dems and repubs, keep voting the way you have been, and nothing will ever change.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah it looks like a decent party, and I would like to see the big two busted. I'd be tempted to vote either for this party or maybe even Libertarian.

And if the person I vote for doesn't win, well, it's going to take more people willing to vote their conscience, instead of for who they think is going to win. That's the ONLY way we'll EVER see any change.

If you like the way it is now, just dems and repubs, keep voting the way you have been, and nothing will ever change.

Pale, if enough conservatives do that, then the Dem will win - and probably have a Dem run Congress

Do you want that?

MtnBiker
12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
When the constitution party holds about %30 of the congress then I will be interested.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 02:04 PM
When the constitution party holds about %30 of the congress then I will be interested.

all of us will be long dead before that will happen

Dilloduck
12-22-2007, 02:06 PM

These parties have succeeded on duping Americans that they are the only 2 parties in the hunt. I don't see "change" having a snowballs chance in hell of change creeping in.

MtnBiker
12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
The electoral process really does not allow for anything else but a 2 party system.

Dilloduck
12-22-2007, 02:12 PM
The electoral process really does not allow for anything else but a 2 party system.

Bingo.

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
why would i vote for that party's currently non-existant candidate, when I can vote for Romney now and get everything I agree with in their platform and avoid everything I don't agree with in their platform?

What changes every election when a Repub or Dem is elected? Do wages go up and consumer prices go down? Do less people live from paycheck to paycheck? Does Americally get worse or better socially?

You do know that Mitt was the gov of the state with the highest taxation in the country, right?

Its the same old story, Repubs run as conservatives but govern as libs, at least the Demos are honest and say beforehand tht they will govern that way.

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:35 PM
But do you think they can win or is it voting an opportunity to just express you feelings in a voting booth ?

Of course they can't win, the better question would be is when will the American people tire of taking it up the ass from both of the major parties and turn elsewhere for real leadership?

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Yep, because American enjoy being bent over by Repubs and Demos.

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Hell, I have a better cahnce then any Constitution Party candidate.

Instead of being the usual fucking moron you are why don't you tell me what you disagree with in their platform as I bet you didn't even follow the link.

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM

Bingo.

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Pale, if enough conservatives do that, then the Dem will win - and probably have a Dem run Congress

Do you want that?

Whats the difference between that and a Repub congress? Answer:nothing.

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:39 PM

Until then we grab our ankles and say thank you.

OCA
12-22-2007, 04:41 PM

Yes, but does that better America or worsen it?

5stringJeff
12-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll vote for the Constitution Party candidate if the GOP candidate is not of my liking.

LiberalNation
12-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Wouldn't vote third party with the candidates they're running. Voting for someone who doesn't even stand a fighting chance is throwing away your vote. Might as well just not have voted.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Do you want that?

Change usually does have a price. Maybe all it would take is once, and people would see that if they voted third party "next time," neither a dem nor a repub would win, and the big two would finally be busted.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I'll vote for the Constitution Party candidate if the GOP candidate is not of my liking.

If the repub is Giuliani or Paul, I'll write someone in. Probably Tancredo for Prez and Hunter for Vice, and if the repubs suffer an ass kickin', then a lot of other repubs did the same thing I did, and that ought to teach them a lesson. Don't push a liberal or a libertarian at us and expect us to vote into office.

I'm having second thoughts about Romney even. The election is still a long way away. We have a lot of time to still learn about people.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 07:11 PM
These parties have succeeded on duping Americans that they are the only 2 parties in the hunt. I don't see "change" having a snowballs chance in hell of change creeping in.

It does seem as though an armed revolution is the only way change will ever happen.

12-22-2007, 07:25 PM
It does seem as though an armed revolution is the only way change will ever happen.

I hope it doesnt come to that.

red states rule
12-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Change usually does have a price. Maybe all it would take is once, and people would see that if they voted third party "next time," neither a dem nor a repub would win, and the big two would finally be busted.

I hate to think waht the country will look like after 4 years of a liberal president and liberal Congress

Do you remember the 4 years of Peanut Carter?

I do not see another Ronald Reagan anywhere that can step in and repair the damage

5stringJeff
12-22-2007, 09:31 PM
If the repub is Giuliani or Paul, I'll write someone in. Probably Tancredo for Prez and Hunter for Vice, and if the repubs suffer an ass kickin', then a lot of other repubs did the same thing I did, and that ought to teach them a lesson. Don't push a liberal or a libertarian at us and expect us to vote into office.

I'm having second thoughts about Romney even. The election is still a long way away. We have a lot of time to still learn about people.

If the candidate is Guiliani or McCain, I'll absolutely vote Constitution Party. The others, maybe... we'll have to see as it gets closer to November.

I know what you mean about second thoughts. I've started to have a few about Huckabee.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 06:04 AM
If the candidate is Guiliani or McCain, I'll absolutely vote Constitution Party. The others, maybe... we'll have to see as it gets closer to November.

I know what you mean about second thoughts. I've started to have a few about Huckabee.

Do not throw your vote away - that is what the Dems want

Hucky is our modern day version of Peanut Carter

12-23-2007, 10:43 AM

i think everyones had second thoughts on someone at some point this campaign. The fact is there are alot of good qualified candidates in my opinion. Yet none of them really stand out.

All I can say is this is Democracy in action. Who knows, someone may surprise us.

Gunny
12-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Wouldn't vote third party with the candidates they're running. Voting for someone who doesn't even stand a fighting chance is throwing away your vote. Might as well just not have voted.

Unless everyone who claims to think for themselves votes 3rd party.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Unless everyone who claims to think for themselves votes 3rd party.

Voting for a third party candidate is a wasted vote

Gunny
12-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Voting for a third party candidate is a wasted vote

So's voting for anything either party is currently offering. It's lose/lose all the way.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 11:16 AM
So's voting for anything either party is currently offering. It's lose/lose all the way.

But it is better then having Republicans tossing their vites in the trash, and letting a Dem win the WH while Dems also run the Congress

BTW, Merry Christmas to you and your family Gunny

82Marine89
12-23-2007, 11:24 AM
But it is better then having Republicans tossing their vites in the trash, and letting a Dem win the WH while Dems also run the Congress

I used to have that attitude, but I have decided that voting my conscience will be better. If the pubbies realize that they are losing votes for their lack of fiscal and social conservatism, then maybe, just maybe, they will get back on track. Presently, there isn't a lick of difference between the two parties. The pubbies lost me in June 0f '05 with their stance on illegal immigration. I am now a registered Libertarian, but that doesn't preclude me from voting for a dem or a pubbie depending on their platform.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 11:29 AM
I used to have that attitude, but I have decided that voting my conscience will be better. If the pubbies realize that they are losing votes for their lack of fiscal and social conservatism, then maybe, just maybe, they will get back on track. Presently, there isn't a lick of difference between the two parties. The pubbies lost me in June 0f '05 with their stance on illegal immigration. I am now a registered Libertarian, but that doesn't preclude me from voting for a dem or a pubbie depending on their platform.

You have the right to vote for whoever you want. I am saying if you give Dems all the power - we are really screwed

Sitarro
12-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Ross Perot, Ralph Nader..... both were responsible for the losses in the elections they ran in. Clinton wouldn't have won if Perot hadn't taken so many Bush votes. Nader took enough from Gore to make him lose........ that is what you get with third party candidates.

While I agree that there is a lack of decent people willing to be shit upon as President, I can't say that I blame them. No matter how great the ideas, the system destroys them.

On top of that is the total lack of interest in politics by the American people. Our voter turn out is abysmal....... they should put voting booths at sporting events. The public finds a meaningless game much more interesting than who will govern them for the next 4 years....... that is pathetic. I don't see an answer...... I just hope to survive life among the idiot masses for a while longer.

Gunny
12-23-2007, 11:51 AM

I understand your argument. I tried to make the same one prior to the 2006 midterms to no avail, and look what happened.

However, I have to agree completely with one of OCA's first posts in this thread: there's no real difference between the Dems and Republicans now. Neither stand for the political ideals they are supposed to. They just stand for perpetuating the bureaucracy.

My comment was more an "if." IF everyone who claims to think for themselves would vote for who they thought was best and not who they think is going to win, it would throw the election process into chaos at the very least.

If nothing else, it would shake up the Dems and Reps little worlds and make them start thinking.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I understand your argument. I tried to make the same one prior to the 2006 midterms to no avail, and look what happened.

However, I have to agree completely with one of OCA's first posts in this thread: there's no real difference between the Dems and Republicans now. Neither stand for the political ideals they are supposed to. They just stand for perpetuating the bureaucracy.

My comment was more an "if." IF everyone who claims to think for themselves would vote for who they thought was best and not who they think is going to win, it would throw the election process into chaos at the very least.

If nothing else, it would shake up the Dems and Reps little worlds and make them start thinking.

The differences are stricking

Dems want higher taxes, surrender and appeasement to terrorists, government run health care, judges who make law from the bench, more regulation of business, and amnesty for illegals

Except for the last one, Republicans are opposed to the list

Can we take 4 years of Dem run government? The terrorists would love it however

Gunny
12-23-2007, 12:00 PM
The differences are stricking

Dems want higher taxes, surrender and appeasement to terrorists, government run health care, judges who make law from the bench, more regulation of business, and amnesty for illegals

Except for the last one, Republicans are opposed to the list

Can we take 4 years of Dem run government? The terrorists would love it however

I'm not saying I want a Democrat run government. I think they're loonies.

At the same time, I don't think "dissatisfied" quite conveys my feeling strongly enough when it come to Republicans. We put them in control of Congress with a clear message and they sat there the whole time continuing to act like they were the minority whiplashing everytime one of the Democrats accused them of something.

And we have a Republican President who is selling our nation down the global shitter, and absolutely refuses to protect our border. There's nothing conservative about that.

and Merry Christmas to you too, rsr.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm not saying I want a Democrat run government. I think they're loonies.

At the same time, I don't think "dissatisfied" quite conveys my feeling strongly enough when it come to Republicans. We put them in control of Congress with a clear message and they sat there the whole time continuing to act like they were the minority whiplashing everytime one of the Democrats accused them of something.

And we have a Republican President who is selling our nation down the global shitter, and absolutely refuses to protect our border. There's nothing conservative about that.

and Merry Christmas to you too, rsr.

Right now the em Congres has lower rating then the previous Republican Congress

Yes, Republicans deserved what they got in 06 - and Dems might get the same

All in all Pres Bush has had a good year. He has taken out his veto pen, and has forced Dems to back off on some of their BS

Now if he would come to his sense and seal the border and pardon the 2 border agents - he would see his numbers go up

Thanks Gunny - have a great Christmas sir

5stringJeff
12-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Do not throw your vote away - that is what the Dems want

Voting for someone who represents your views is not throwing your vote away.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Voting for someone who represents your views is not throwing your vote away.

Unless they can win, how is that going to get your views put into law?

5stringJeff
12-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Unless they can win, how is that going to get your views put into law?

It gives support to the people that do agree with my views. You've got to think longer than the next election. If the GOP nominates Guiliani and the conservative right jumps ship, yeah the GOP loses the White House, but either a) the GOP figures out that it has a significant conservative base that it can't ignore, or b) a real conservative party rises up to challenge the GOP. Either way, that's good for conservatism.

82Marine89
12-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Ross Perot, Ralph Nader..... both were responsible for the losses in the elections they ran in. Clinton wouldn't have won if Perot hadn't taken so many Bush votes. Nader took enough from Gore to make him lose........ that is what you get with third party candidates.

I have to disagree. If either Bush or Gore had a platform that offered what the people wanted, then members of their parties wouldn't have looked elsewhere for a voice to represent them. Third and fourth party candidates still represent American voters.

5stringJeff
12-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I have to disagree. If either Bush or Gore had a platform that offered what the people wanted, then members of their parties wouldn't have looked elsewhere for a voice to represent them. Third and fourth party candidates still represent American voters.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kathianne
12-23-2007, 02:01 PM

Actually if I'm reading correctly, you are in agreement. That's why I don't think voting for a 3rd party candidate is a wasted vote, though it may result in results that the voter doesn't care for. If one tends to be progressive, it's a vote against the Dems. If one tends to vote conservative, it's a vote against Reps. Not wasted, IF they get the message, which both parties so far seem immune to.

Abbey Marie
12-23-2007, 02:05 PM
With the prospect of someone like Hillary in the White house, it is just not possible for me to look long-term. I'm voting for the nominated Republican candidate, since even the "worst" one is exponentially better for this country than Hillary.

Dilloduck
12-23-2007, 02:17 PM
It would be nice if third party candidates were allowed to join in on debates.

82Marine89
12-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Actually if I'm reading correctly, you are in agreement. That's why I don't think voting for a 3rd party candidate is a wasted vote, though it may result in results that the voter doesn't care for. If one tends to be progressive, it's a vote against the Dems. If one tends to vote conservative, it's a vote against Reps. Not wasted, IF they get the message, which both parties so far seem immune to.

I'm not in agreement with what Sitarro said;

He is blaming the third party candidates for the losses of Bush and Gore. I am blaming Bush and Gore for not fully representing their party and expecting them to vote party line.

Kathianne
12-23-2007, 02:21 PM
It would be nice if third party candidates were allowed to join in on debates. They may in the general election, especially if they would draw from Republican votes and the debate was CNN sponsored, they probably will be able to. Did you miss Alan Keyes?

Kathianne
12-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm not in agreement with what Sitarro said;

He is blaming the third party candidates for the losses of Bush and Gore. I am blaming Bush and Gore for not fully representing their party and expecting them to vote party line.

Ok, but they won their party's nominations and too many disagreed with that. I'd blame the conventions.

82Marine89
12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Ok, but they won their party's nominations and too many disagreed with that. I'd blame the conventions.

Then the people need to speak up. They did it when congress tried to push through amnesty. They need to do it now. Politicians have succeeded at frustrating the American people. Most feel that they can't make necessary changes to our political system. It needs to start at the local level. Vote out Mayors and city councils. Remove congressmen from office. Convince the people that their vote means something and that they need to use it.

Kathianne
12-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Then the people need to speak up. They did it when congress tried to push through amnesty. They need to do it now. Politicians have succeeded at frustrating the American people. Most feel that they can't make necessary changes to our political system. It needs to start at the local level. Vote out Mayors and city councils. Remove congressmen from office. Convince the people that their vote means something and that they need to use it.

I think they did, by voting Perot or Nader. I agree about local. I'd love for there to be a way that some 'average Joe' with a passion for politics and a $100k salary could find a way to use the net to get their message out. I think the time may be coming.

82Marine89
12-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd love for there to be a way that some 'average Joe' with a passion for politics and a $100k salary could find a way to use the net to get their message out. I think the time may be coming.

That's what our Founders envisioned, not career politicians.

5stringJeff
12-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I'd love to see four major candidates: Green, Dem, GOP, and Constitution. That would allow ultra-libs and real conservatives to both 'vote their conscience' knowing that the other side will follow suit.

red states rule
12-24-2007, 06:19 AM
With the prospect of someone like Hillary in the White house, it is just not possible for me to look long-term. I'm voting for the nominated Republican candidate, since even the "worst" one is exponentially better for this country than Hillary.

Alot of people feel that way. Hillary is getting 40% of the anti vote - anyone but Hillary

Se, she is uniting the country in her own special way

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 06:20 AM
oh thats classic :laugh2:

maybe we could get a third party

the anyone but hillary party

Alot of people feel that way. Hillary is getting 40% of the anti vote - anyone but Hillary

Se, she is uniting the country in her own special way

red states rule
12-24-2007, 06:24 AM
oh thats classic :laugh2:

maybe we could get a third party

the anyone but hillary party

She does have her strong points

So many people can't stand the sight of her

That includes Bill as well

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 06:26 AM
true, and i was thinking...

we should for so called real conservatism based on the whims of some fake right wing nut.

She does have her strong points

So many people can't stand the sight of her

That includes Bill as well

red states rule
12-24-2007, 06:29 AM
true, and i was thinking...

we should for so called real conservatism based on the whims of some fake right wing nut.

Some think the Clintons are political gods, but they are being shown how wrong they are with the struggle Hillary is having right now

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 06:33 AM
every time i see your avatar, i think.. when did rsr become and old ugly nagging hag?

:laugh2:

Some think the Clintons are political gods, but they are being shown how wrong they are with the struggle Hillary is having right now

red states rule
12-24-2007, 06:36 AM
every time i see your avatar, i think.. when did rsr become and old ugly nagging hag?

I am asking people "Do you want to have to look at that face for 4 years?"

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I think goats would run away screaming in terror

I am asking people "Do you want to have to look at that face for 4 years?"

red states rule
12-24-2007, 06:41 AM
I think goats would run away screaming in terror

Bottom line, if Hillary makes it past Obama - she will lose in 08

She will not win the Electoral College

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 06:52 AM
the only college she would excel at is, political assasination university

Bottom line, if Hillary makes it past Obama - she will lose in 08

She will not win the Electoral College

red states rule
12-24-2007, 07:04 AM
the only college she would excel at is, political assasination university

The attack ads have backfired - that is why she dropped in the polls

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 08:41 PM
she has dropped more then monica on her knees

The attack ads have backfired - that is why she dropped in the polls

red states rule
12-25-2007, 09:07 AM
and the smartest women in the world tell voters to caucus on the wrong day!

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 09:09 AM
she probably thinks she lives in missouri :laugh2:

and the smartest women in the world tell voters to caucus on the wrong day!

red states rule
12-25-2007, 09:09 AM
she probably thinks she lives in missouri :laugh2:

No, she thinks she is Queen, and she is entitled to power

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 09:11 AM
she is the grinch, and u really need to read your pms mate

No, she thinks she is Queen, and she is entitled to power

red states rule
12-25-2007, 09:13 AM
she is the grinch, and u really need to read your pms mate

You are being to kind to the Red Queen. She is much worse then the Grinch - and her negs in the polls prove it

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 09:14 AM
i agree, but please see your pms, and the last thread i responded to.

You are being to kind to the Red Queen. She is much worse then the Grinch - and her negs in the polls prove it