Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sadr runs & hides like the ***** he is!

Not so tough now, are ya, doo doo head?
    Touch my link with your little pointy thing.
    Anti-American cleric flees Iraq for Iran

By ANNE GEARAN, AP Diplomatic Writer
    Tue Feb 13, 11:22 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr fled
    Iraq for
    Iran ahead of a security crackdown in Baghdad and the arrival of 21,500 U.S. troops sent by
    President Bush to quell sectarian violence, a senior U.S. official said Tuesday.

Al-Sadr left his Baghdad stronghold some weeks ago, the official said, and is believed to be in Tehran, where he has family. The official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss U.S. monitoring activities, said fractures in al-Sadr's political and militia operations may be part of the reason for his departure. The move is not believed to be permanent, the official said.

Word of al-Sadr's departure coincides with an announcement that Iraq will close its borders with Iran and
    Syria for 72 hours as part of the drive to end the violence that has threatened to divide the capital along sectarian lines.

The U.S. official said it is not clear how firmly the radical Shiite cleric is controlling his organization and the associated Mahdi Army militia from exile.

"The question for us is to what extent his organization is going to participate in the political process," the official said, referring to al-Sadr's on-again, off-again relationship with the fragile democratic government in Baghdad.

Al-Sadr's departure was reported by several television networks Tuesday.

Al-Sadr's militia is widely seen as the main threat to Iraq's unity and high on the list of targets for the Baghdad security operation.

A ragtag but highly motivated militia that fought U.S. forces twice in 2004, the Mahdi Army is blamed for much of the sectarian strife shaking Iraq since a Shiite shrine was bombed by Sunni militants a year ago. U.S. officials have for months pressed Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to move against the militia, but he has so far done little to comply, largely because he does not want to lose al-Sadr's support.

Al-Sadr rose from obscurity in the aftermath of the ouster of
    Saddam Hussein to lead a movement of young, underprivileged Iraqis united by opposition to U.S. military presence as well as hunger for Shiite domination.

The cleric, who is in his mid-30s, is a master of street politics, and his young lieutenants can rally tens of thousands of protesters at short notice. Once wanted in the 2003 killing of a key cleric, al-Sadr gained much influence when his parliamentary bloc of 30 of 275 deputies was instrumental in al-Maliki's election.

Dismissed by older Shiite politicians as a dangerous upstart, al-Sadr set up the Mahdi Army militia in 2003. It is suspected of being behind the abduction and murder of thousands of Sunnis in what are known as death squad killings.

Two key members of al-Sadr's political and military organization were gunned down last week, the latest of as many as seven key figures in the al-Sadr organization killed or captured in the past two months.

The deaths and captures came after al-Maliki, also a Shiite, dropped his protection for the organization.

Shiite leaders insist that the Shiite militias flourished because the U.S. and its allies could not protect civilians. They say if the Sunni insurgents were crushed, the threat from Shiite hard-liners would go away.

Shiite politicians have long maintained that Sunni militants pose a greater threat to Iraq's stability. Thousands of Shiite civilians have been killed in bombings and suicide attacks carried out by al-Qaida in Iraq and other Sunni groups.

Thousands regularly cross the porous Iraq-Iran border, and Iran has been a popular destination for elite Shiite Iraq exiles. In Saddam's time those exiles included al-Maliki, who like other educated and politically active Shiites feared for his safety in Iraq.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If they all keep running to tehran we can just take out tehran and eliminate all the problems at once. I'm sure bin laden is there too.

This was interesting news. I just heard about it last night as we have had no power here since Tuesday. I got home from where we were staying last night because we had no heat here and the temp was 1 degree, and turned on FOX to see what was happening with this news. First thing I hear is they are discussing whether to creamate her or have a regular funneral. FOX the fair and balanced bimbo news channel. They use to be a good channel for news. Now it seems all they want is sensationalism.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    If they all keep running to tehran we can just take out tehran and eliminate all the problems at once. I'm sure bin laden is there too.
    No we can't, do you know how many problems an attack on Iran would cause us.

As for Sadar, why in the hell do we keep letting him get away. We should have took care of him in the beginning before he became such a serious problem and threat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post

As for Sadar, why in the hell do we keep letting him get away. We should have took care of him in the beginning before he became such a serious problem and threat.
    Wouldn't cause any problem at all as long as it was done right.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you have all the islamist leaders sitting in tehran and drop a bomb on the city you take out all the islamist leaders at one time. No need for an invasion.

Yes sadr should have been killed off long ago. but maliki is a sadr puppet and has been keeping him safe. maliki needs to go too.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    If you have all the islamist leaders sitting in tehran and drop a bomb on the city you take out all the islamist leaders at one time. No need for an invasion.

Yes sadr should have been killed off long ago. but maliki is a sadr puppet and has been keeping him safe. maliki needs to go too.
    EVERY militant, fundamentalist piece of trash willing to use terror/murder to enforce their religion on others needs to be hunted down like dogs and given a trial, sentence and execution by .45.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Wouldn't cause any problem at all as long as it was done right.
    Yeah right, you think they wouldn’t retaliate. If they cut off the oil to us it would cause serious problems for us. Not to mention they would triple their efforts to fight us in Iraq and most likely attack our ships in that narrow strait. Then you have the problem of world opinion and the fact it would create far more terrorists.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah right, you think they wouldn’t retaliate. If they cut off the oil to us it would cause serious problems for us. Not to mention they would triple their efforts to fight us in Iraq and most likely attack our ships in that narrow strait. Then you have the problem of world opinion and the fact it would create far more terrorists.
    Not sure who you are refering to here. Do you mean iran? The terror head. Or saudi arabia our so called ally? Or all of them in the region? Who do you think we are fighting in iraq? No islamist country wants to attack our ships in the gulf because they know what the result would be. There are three carrier groups in the region right now. And two assault groups.

Since when does world opinion mean shit. Those that are really our friends will remain our friends and those that aren't will will continue to dislike and condemn us. All the terrorist minded people are already there, your not creating anything more than whats there to be called on when they are ready.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Last comment first: I don't give a rat's ass about world opinion.

I doubt they'd have to go so far as Iraq to fight us if they cut off our oil. Make no mistake -- while we play this sissy little game of caving to demands in order to pay for these guy's oil, if they actually cut it off we will have no choice but to take it.

I bet the very thought gets your liberal panties all knotted up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bet the very thought gets your liberal panties all knotted up.
    lol, no just the thought of $5 a gallon gas and gas lines do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Like I always say about you libs .... it's always about your personal convenience at this moment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If we don't succeed in iraq you can expect more tha $5 a gallon gas prices.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I always say about you libs .... it's always about your personal convenience at this moment.
    I don't think that's a lib quality, more a human quality and esscpially an American quality. If Bush even thinks about attacking Iran he'll find himself impeached for one reason or another. The American people wont like support such an action and neither will congress. As far has I know we're still a democracy so the peoples will does count for somethings. Why do you think the repub congress got it's ass kicked the last election.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think that's a lib quality, more a human quality and esscpially an American quality. If Bush even thinks about attacking Iran he'll find himself impeached for one reason or another. The American people wont like support such an action and neither will congress. As far has I know we're still a democracy so the peoples will does count for somethings. Why do you think the repub congress got it's ass kicked the last election.
    Because they spent to damn much money and didn't pour about 50,000 more troops into Iraq and finish the job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YOU don't speak for me.

I'm an American, an American that has gone to war to support our way of life.

You don't have a clue as to what the American people will support or won't support, so keep your opinions as just that OPINIONS.

Your are right about this being a democracy, try to keep THAT in mind you sanctimonous ass hole.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.