Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    I don't think that's a lib quality, more a human quality and esscpially an American quality. If Bush even thinks about attacking Iran he'll find himself impeached for one reason or another. The American people wont like support such an action and neither will congress. As far has I know we're still a democracy so the peoples will does count for somethings. Why do you think the repub congress got it's ass kicked the last election.
    There's a war coming with iran and you better get ready for it. And all the REAL Americans will be behind it. The unAmericans, like yourself, will do everything they can to undermine it. we are at war with islam and iran is presently the head of that evil snake. We are a democracy alright, inspite of people like you.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Bush even thinks about attacking Iran...

...uh, Iran has already attacked the US. What do you suppose we do about it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, no just the thought of $5 a gallon gas and gas lines do.
    a gallon of milk is five bucks and there are lines at the food mart....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    a gallon of milk is five bucks and there are lines at the food mart....
    You don't need 20 gallons of milk a week, and you don't need milk to heat your house in winter, and all the trucks and planes that transport our goods don't run on milk. Higher oil prices meen higher eveything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roopull View Post
    ...uh, Iran has already attacked the US. What do you suppose we do about it?
    Nothing is what I propose. Attacking Iran will cause problems, invading Iran way more. America would not support an invasion of Iran. We don't have the troops and we've wasted enough money on our little Iraq adventure. That wont happen and neither will an attack I'm betting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You don't need 20 gallons of milk a week, and you don't need milk to heat your house in winter, and all the trucks and planes that transport our goods don't run on milk. Higher oil prices meen higher eveything.
    you don't need 20 gallons of gasoline a week, and you don't need gasoline to heat your house in winter....ride a bike and move to a warmer climate live in a co-op and grow your own food.......

oh wait.....or are you saying the us should be in the middle east protecting the oil fields so you can drive to the store and buy your organic milk, french wine and imported sushi.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    The unAmericans, like yourself, will do everything they can to undermine it. we are at war with islam and iran is presently the head of that evil snake. We are a democracy alright, inspite of people like you.
    LMAO, you think "real" americans will support a war with Iran. Your off your rocker. Americans don't even supporting the current war with Iraq and one with Iran would be far tougher. Probably even take a draft for a ground invasion. You can't kill ever muslim int he ME and attacking them will just turn ever person in Iran against us. They will fight to defend their home country just like we would ours if it comes down to that.

and no people like me wont endermine it dear, will stop it because like me are now the majority of Americans on this issue. America has never liked long war, i'ts just a part of our society.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    oh wait.....or are you saying the us should be in the middle east protecting the oil fields so you can drive to the store and buy your organic milk, french wine and imported sushi.....
    No just to drive to the store and buy the basics. Not everyone has the money to just pack up and move to a warmer climate. Normal people have jobs and need to drive cars to get to those jobs. Higher oil prices hurt normal people and those people vote out politicians because of it.

and yes I do wish we would worry more about those oil field than the worthless Iraqi government and baghdad plus drilling in new places like Alaska.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

liberalnation, a classic example of the uninformed liberal nut.

First of all, concerning oil, if we start drilling in anwar and the gulf and all the other places your kind says we can't drill in, it will take 10 years to see the results. Are you proposing we take over all the middle east oil wells so there won't be any shortage of gas while you drive to the store? That would mean invading about a dozen countries.

You don't get it. we are fighting iran and alqueda in iraq. They are the ones fermenting all the trouble there. iran has numerous times threaten the US and is supplying the insurgents in iraq, not to mention hizbollah and hamas. Iran will be attacked at some point, quite posibly right after attacking us outright.

A complete invasion would not be necessary. air strikes and a few ground forces at strategic locations would be all that would be needed. They import way more than they export and without their ports they would soon collapse. Not to mention a good portion of the population would love to over throw the government there. Think Afganhistan. There are two provinces in western iran that have been in revolt for over two weeks now.

And for your information the majority of Americans DO think we should take down iran. That is if you believe in polls which all libs live by.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And for your information the majority of Americans DO think we should take down iran. That is if you believe in polls which all libs live by.
    Links to these polls please?
    liberalnation, a classic example of the uninformed liberal nut.
    No I'm not a classic liberal at all. A nut maybe but there ain't much classic about me. I spend more time defending myself against liberals than conservatives on most boards. maybe it's just the nuts who don't like me.
    Not to mention a good portion of the population would love to over throw the government there.
    Not if we attack they wont. They would feel threatned and would rally to their crappy government not to us. Even if they don't like their government where still outsiders, infidels, and attacking them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Links to these polls please?

No I'm not a classic liberal at all. A nut maybe but there ain't much classic about me. I spend more time defending myself against liberals than conservatives on most boards. maybe it's just the nuts who don't like me.

Not if we attack they wont. They would feel threatned and would rally to their crappy government not to us. Even if they don't like their government where still outsiders, infidels, and attacking them.
    You sure post like a classic liberal.

I seem to remember dems talking about afganhistan the same way. we can never defeat them there. The soviets spent ten years trying to subdue them and failed. The terrain is too hostile. All the usual "we are going to fail" garbage they always put out.

Well the population was ready to get rid of the taliban. And afganhistan fell in weeks. I am sure iran can go the same way. There is a large segment of the iranian population that is against the government there and would topple it if they could. But the government has the guns. We could use the same tactics of special forces with air support and local fighters to take down iran, probably as quickly as afganhistan went down. We won't know until the shooting starts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the population was ready to get rid of the taliban. And afganhistan fell in weeks. I am sure iran can go the same way. There is a large segment of the iranian population that is against the government there and would topple it if they could. But the government has the guns. We could use the same tactics of special forces with air support and local fighters to take down iran, probably as quickly as afganhistan went down. We won't know until the shooting starts.
    Although I'd love to prove you wrong on that point the shooting isn't gona start to begin with. Not while Bush is in office so I wont get to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Although I'd love to prove you wrong on that point the shooting isn't gona start to begin with. Not while Bush is in office so I wont get to.
    Why wouldn't the shooting start while Bush is in office? I thought he was a warmonger out to take over the world one country at a time.

I'm pretty sure the shooting will be started by iran. Either along the iraq border or in the gulf. Though I wouldn't rule out a pre-emptive strike on our part.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why wouldn't the shooting start while Bush is in office? I thought he was a warmonger out to take over the world one country at a time.
    Like I said, congress wouldn't take to kindly to it. Even the republicans.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Like I said, congress wouldn't take to kindly to it. Even the republicans.
    Its up to the president to conduct war. Now if we end up in a war with iran and congress tries to interfer then there will be hell to pay come election time. Foriegn policy,which includes war, is strictly the domain of the president as stated in the Constitution. The president wages war the congress funds it and declares war.

If it becomes a shoving match the president can suspend habis corpus and act on his own, as Lincoln did, to defend the country. The president has a lot of power that is not used.

See my post Sniper rifles from iran.