Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The DoD did predict what was going to happen. The problem is when you interject politics and try to fight a PC war based on appeasing world opinion. If it was purely a matter of strategy and tactics from a military standpoint, we wouldn't be having this discussion, we'd be discussing what to do with our 51st state.

And you lefties are as much to blame for the attempts at appeasement as any Republican politician. If it wasn't for your caterwalling, the job would be a lot easier.
    dude you are on a role.............

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    He tried to do something about hte hostages, remember. The debacle in the desert...
    I called pre-six months later- Delta Force debacle. IMO, that was about as tactically stupid an attempt to do too little too late as could be devised. He should have acted wthin 24 hours of the hostages being taken.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    i am please to hear that you would not have invaded iraq....good for you.

i too would not have....but for far different reasons.

however, the intel was represented to the pres, the hose and the senate.... by George Tenant, as a "slam dunk".... and was backed up by other contries intel and the senate and house both voted to "go to war"... and when they say, if i knew then what i know now i would not have been for the war before i was against it....is hindsight.
    They are offering hindsight. I am not. You are right in that regard of course.
    Why wouldn't have you gone into Iraq?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I called pre-six months later- Delta Force debacle. IMO, that was about as tactically stupid an attempt to do too little too late as could be devised. He should have acted wthin 24 hours of the hostages being taken.
    I agree. Guess he didn't have enough intel, but the Iranians sure would have been a lot less organised,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i do not belive in the US being the worlds police force.....we simply did not have a dog in the fight.....come on going to war for kuwait.....

i have long advocted closing all foriegn military bases and cutting off all forigen aid.....let someone else take care of things for awahile.....i feel like the guy that goes out with his friends week after week, always picks up the check and all everyone does is bitch about the food, or the beer, or the women....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Simple answer ... going into Iraq and doing the job the right way would offend the hell out of the PC and the liberal coalition of world opinion.

The religious sects who are causing all the trouble now were already isolated, and should have been kept that way for the Iraqi government to deal with at a later time when it was on its own feet.

The Iraqi Army should have been rounded up and put in detention and weeded through one at a time.

Iraq's borders should have been sealed.

Since all of the above would cause the liberal wailing and gnashing of teeth, the factional infighting was inevitable. Saddam keeping the region off balance by having isolated himself fromt he rest of the Arab World was preferable to that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i do not belive in the US being the worlds police force.....we simply did not have a dog in the fight.....come on going to war for kuwait.....

i have long advocted closing all foriegn military bases and cutting off all forigen aid.....let someone else take care of things for awahile.....i feel like the guy that goes out with his friends week after week, always picks up the check and all everyone does is bitch about the food, or the beer, or the women....

From the outside looking in, i can see why you would think like that. Thing is, there are too many Wolfawitz's and the likie in the world who want it all. They need folk to do their bidding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Simple answer ... going into Iraq and doing the job the right way would offend the hell out of the PC and the liberal coalition of world opinion.

The religious sects who are causing all the trouble now were already isolated, and should have been kept that way for the Iraqi government to deal with at a later time when it was on its own feet.

The Iraqi Army should have been rounded up and put in detention and weeded through one at a time.

Iraq's borders should have been sealed.

Since all of the above would cause the liberal wailing and gnashing of teeth, the factional infighting was inevitable. Saddam keeping the region off balance by having isolated himself fromt he rest of the Arab World was preferable to that.
    Sounds like a plan, but you probably would have needed more troops. Dunno how you would have sealed a porous border. Like the idea of isolating the extremists like Sadr etc. However, I still think betrayal and kinship is so endemic in arab society that it might have been a bridge too far in getting those who generally hate each other to work together...I blame the Brits for not taking religious and ethnic considerations into account when partitioning the ME back in the day...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the outside looking in, i can see why you would think like that. Thing is, there are too many Wolfawitz's and the likie in the world who want it all. They need folk to do their bidding.
    wow---thats mighty Noahide of ya--look out !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    wow---thats mighty Noahide of ya--look out !!
    Where is your pal?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tis all da joooooos fault huh....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tis all da joooooos fault huh....
    No noahide conspracies here! I was commenting on the man, not his religion...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No noahide conspracies here! I was commenting on the man, not his religion...
    a man that wants the world to be one nation without boarders or wars or conflict working together for the greater good of the world and its people?

you mean a man like that?

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a man that wants the world to be one nation without boarders or wars or conflict working together for the greater good of the world and its people?

you mean a man like that?
    Don't forget that the US has to ask the rest of the world for permission to take a shit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Don't forget that the US has to ask the rest of the world for permission to take a shit.
    we bring that on ourselves.....mostly because we publicly rebuke ourselves for trying to help

~Albert Camus