Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Someone in my family? I'm the fucking patriarch there never served boy, I assume though that yours was a handout from the Salvation Army, no?

How many wealthy dumbasses do you know?

If what you say is true, the answer to your question is: at least one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    boogy..I am all for phot IDs, as long as anyone who only needs the ID for voting purposes can get it free of charge. I wonder why some many on the right seem so determined to avoid that.
    Because you guys would be rousting every drunken derelict homeless etc. etc. across America and handing him/her a free i.d. and helping them to mark the candidate with the D next to their name.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If what you say is true, the answer to your question is: at least one.

*sigh*........anybody else have something better to offer?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because you guys would be rousting every drunken derelict homeless etc. etc. across America and handing him/her a free i.d. and helping them to mark the candidate with the D next to their name.
    and in your vision of America, homeless people do not have the right to vote. I understand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*sigh*........anybody else have something better to offer?
    you asked a question...I answered it.

moron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you asked a question...I answered it.

moron
    A guy who can't handle the heat calls me a moron lol!

I'm just glad it was someone else you were groveling to tonight.

Face it, its the apparent ease with which you excuse corruption that has you in hot water tonight. And no, you do not know if trhose were simple procedural votes or not................not that it matters 1 fucking iota. If you are in committee and unable to push the button yourself you don't vote, simple as that.

From now on i'll refer to you as Lt. Corruption.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Howdy JD,

I do think having to provide a valid ID in order to vote is a badly needed requirement in our voting procedure. The drivers license is a very bad ID to use since it is already being handed out to illegals and the motor voter act and its poor oversight will make sure that illegals vote.

I am not saying that I have all the answers as to what kind of valid ID would work, but am wondering why so many on the left seem determined to make sure we don't get a way to validate voters.
    If you read through all of my posts on this thread, I have gone in to great depth about the reasons why an id at the polls would not be sufficent to stop the fraud that takes place, and mainly it takes place at the time of registering to vote, AND NOT AT THE POLL ITSELF...primarily because anyone can register to vote the way it is set up now, and I think this is the point that fraud can and should and must be stopped.

I think that states that have passed laws to require a drivers lisense in order to vote at the polls is only a guise to make one think things are all hunky dorey now, which is just a bunch of crud....primarily because more than half the illegals out there probably have driver's licenses already and many states, like my own of Maine, do not even require proof of citizenship, a birth certificate to even get a license....

And most importantlly, ABSENTEE VOTING is where the fraud takes place in voting in a dead man's spot...and yes, the major situations with this fraud over the years has been on the Democratic side and the ONLY WAY to truely stop this is to purge the damn dead people off of the voter rolls when they die and as long as they are left on there, someone is going to figure out a way to get around the system and vote in a dead man's spot....

the simple fix to this would be to purge them from the list when the state issues a death certificate.

and what about everyone else that votes via absentee ballot....what kind of ID'S do they have to show? NONE at this point and I do not see how that can change without eliminating absentee ballots altogether, and that too will eliminate a great deal of truely valid american citizens and legit voters from voting....once an id is required and mandatory in my opinion....but perhaps it could be worked around, like you said, I don't know how everything can be worked out either...

But what I do know is that the fraud does take place at the time of registering and fraud can be eliminated at that point.

like mfm, i don't have a real issue with making one show an id to say who they say they are at the polls, but this will not stop the fraud that is taking place....not if the driver's lisence is the form of identification these new states are using....so then that leads to having some sort of national id card, with some sort of biometrics in it, and chips that can allow the gvt to follow you everywhere, and I am totally against this....TOTALLY!

And also, it will disenfranchise MILLIONS of American citizens from voting right now....millions! While the illegal with the driver's license will be able to vote...that's just not right.

I am in favor of getting rid of the fraud that takes place...it dilutes my vote when someone is voting that is not a citizen or that is dead....but i do not want to disenfranchise other legitimate citizens from voting....unlike what it appears that others want to do.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A guy who can't handle the heat calls me a moron lol!

I'm just glad it was someone else you were groveling to tonight.

Face it, its the apparent ease with which you excuse corruption that has you in hot water tonight. And no, you do not know if trhose were simple procedural votes or not................not that it matters 1 fucking iota. If you are in committee and unable to push the button yourself you don't vote, simple as that.

From now on i'll refer to you as Lt. Corruption.
    I don't excuse any corruption.

And again....do you honestly think that, if those were votes of substance, and if any of those votes were cast in ways that were against how the legislator being voted for would have cast them himself, that there would not have been a huge uproar?

And again, I am not excusing the practice...I merely suggested that it was not as big a deal as some (you) might make it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and for the record, I certainly want to retract my statements that jimnyc, our omniscient board owner, was a kindergartner. Clearly, he has shown evidence of higher levels of education than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    If you read through all of my posts on this thread, I have gone in to great depth about the reasons why an id at the polls would not be sufficent to stop the fraud that takes place, and mainly it takes place at the time of registering to vote, AND NOT AT THE POLL ITSELF...primarily because anyone can register to vote the way it is set up now, and I think this is the point that fraud can and should and must be stopped.

I think that states that have passed laws to require a drivers lisense in order to vote at the polls is only a guise to make one think things are all hunky dorey now, which is just a bunch of crud....primarily because more than half the illegals out there probably have driver's licenses already and many states, like my own of Maine, do not even require proof of citizenship, a birth certificate to even get a license....

And most importantlly, ABSENTEE VOTING is where the fraud takes place in voting in a dead man's spot...and yes, the major situations with this fraud over the years has been on the Democratic side and the ONLY WAY to truely stop this is to purge the damn dead people off of the voter rolls when they die and as long as they are left on there, someone is going to figure out a way to get around the system and vote in a dead man's spot....

the simple fix to this would be to purge them from the list when the state issues a death certificate.

and what about everyone else that votes via absentee ballot....what kind of ID'S do they have to show? NONE at this point and I do not see how that can change without eliminating absentee ballots altogether, and that too will eliminate a great deal of truely valid american citizens and legit voters from voting....once an id is required and mandatory in my opinion....but perhaps it could be worked around, like you said, I don't know how everything can be worked out either...

But what I do know is that the fraud does take place at the time of registering and fraud can be eliminated at that point.

like mfm, i don't have a real issue with making one show an id to say who they say they are at the polls, but this will not stop the fraud that is taking place....not if the driver's lisence is the form of identification these new states are using....so then that leads to having some sort of national id card, with some sort of biometrics in it, and chips that can allow the gvt to follow you everywhere, and I am totally against this....TOTALLY!

And also, it will disenfranchise MILLIONS of American citizens from voting right now....millions! While the illegal with the driver's license will be able to vote...that's just not right.

I am in favor of getting rid of the fraud that takes place...it dilutes my vote when someone is voting that is not a citizen or that is dead....but i do not want to disenfranchise other legitimate citizens from voting....unlike what it appears that others want to do.

jd
    I have not claimed that it is the "do all to be all" JD, rather it is a crucial and needed addition. I will firmly stand beside you on the need to protect the vote, but unlike yourself, I don't know that a national ID is the only way that this can be done. It could be done at the state level as long as some consistency from state to state is a part of the system. It would seem JD that you are in the minority on the left of those who will even discuss the idea of providing ID to vote, I am glad to have found you to discuss the issue with.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

and for the record, I certainly want to retract my statements that jimnyc, our omniscient board owner, was a kindergartner. Clearly, he has shown evidence of higher levels of education than that.
    I guess my PM was too late, as I told you I didn't feel I was owed an apology. I further stated that yes, I escalated childish banter into something it didn't need to be. It's obvious I don't like to be called a pussy and a child, and you don't like the things I said in return. So although I said what needed to be said in PM, since you now stated it publicly, I will too - I apologize for my remarks to MFM that were uncalled for. Again, I wear my emotions on my sleeve and tend to "one up" the next guy when in a nasty flame war, but that doesn't make me right, only a participant.

So now you can all go fuck yourselves. All this fighting has made me tired and I need some beauty sleep so we can do it again tomorrow!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I guess my PM was too late, as I told you I didn't feel I was owed an apology. I further stated that yes, I escalated childish banter into something it didn't need to be. It's obvious I don't like to be called a pussy and a child, and you don't like the things I said in return. So although I said what needed to be said in PM, since you now stated it publicly, I will too - I apologize for my remarks to MFM that were uncalled for. Again, I wear my emotions on my sleeve and tend to "one up" the next guy when in a nasty flame war, but that doesn't make me right, only a participant.

So now you can all go fuck yourselves. All this fighting has made me tired and I need some beauty sleep so we can do it again tomorrow!
    Some beauty sleep? Ever heard of that Van Winkle guy?
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

excellent thread, the answer is yes

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Writing a check for a purchase at the supermarket - need an ID.

Traveling by airplane - need and ID.

Being hired for most jobs - need and ID.

Should voting at the polls require an ID? It would help confirm that the person voting is indeed the person they are supposed to be.

Some state require voter ID to vote, is this fair?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please....tell me what your question has to do with the fact that requiring a citizen to purchase a photo ID card solely for the purpose of voting is tantamount to a poll tax?
    IDs can be (and are) used for other things besides voting, so paying for a photo ID is not a poll tax.