Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    what voting fraud would it stop? tell me that first... why would having an id to prove you are the person on the voting roll stop any fraud?

i don't want the masses to be FOOLED in to thinking voter fraud doesn't take place just because someone has an id that matches their name on the voting list....

cuz it stops no fraud....the fraud takes place when registering to vote...

NO ONE HAS ANSWERED, whaT fraud having an id at the poll stops...?????
    what if it stopped just one fraudulent incident? are you telling me that you don't care?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

driving and flying are priveledges, they are not mandatory, therefore it is okay to have to pay the gvt for them
    Why just pick out 2 pieces of what I wrote?

Anyone that doesn't have an appropriate ID in this day and age is an outright idiot. How can you LEGALLY survive without it? Unless of course you live in a hole and never leave it. Every American should have an ID, just to prove that they are a citizen alone. I repeat what I said earlier, only the illegals and those refusing to learn English are afraid of that option, and mostly those are the only ones without ID anyway.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Anyone that doesn't have an appropriate ID in this day and age is an outright idiot. How can you LEGALLY survive without it? Unless of course you live in a hole and never leave it. Every American should have an ID, just to prove that they are a citizen alone. I repeat what I said earlier, only the illegals and those refusing to learn English are afraid of that option, and mostly those are the only ones without ID anyway.
    what about new born babies? 5 month old babies? Id?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    what if it stopped just one fraudulent incident? are you telling me that you don't care?
    Tell me how it would stop that one voter fraud from happening...?

Why wopuld you want our tax dollars to pay for every poor person's id so that they can have an id at the voter booth when it would not stop the fraud that is taking place, which is in the registering process?

Why would you want to WASTE our tax payer's dollar's for such a thing, if it does not stop the fraud that is taking place? Just to make you and others that have not thought through how the fraud takes place feel better?

So the real fraud continues to happen while you and others "feel better"?

NOT me, we need to stop the fraud where it begins and it is not after one already is registered to vote.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, when people seek for assistance from the government in the form of welfare, foodstamps, healthcare should any form of ID be required?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

QUOTE=JohnDoe;176080]Tell me how it would stop that one voter fraud from happening...?
    No, you tell me: if it did stop just one person, would that be worthwhile for you?

Why wopuld you want our tax dollars to pay for every poor person's id so that they can have an id at the voter booth when it would not stop the fraud that is taking place, which is in the registering process?
    huh?

Why would you want to WASTE our tax payer's dollar's for such a thing, if it does not stop the fraud that is taking place? Just to make you and others that have not thought through how the fraud takes place feel better?

So the real fraud continues to happen while you and others "feel better"?

NOT me, we need to stop the fraud where it begins and it is not after one already is registered to vote.

Waste? Answer my question, then we will talk about waste. It is apparent that it is you that needs to feel better. You have no stance and cannot answer questions. It makes you feel better to bash other people's opinions/thoughts. Real fraud? When did I ever say that voter ID would stop all fraud? I didn't. Your "read fraud" is a red herring, go fish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    So, when people seek for assistance from the government in the form of welfare, foodstamps, healthcare should any form of ID be required?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should a person have an ID when they register to vote ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Yes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why not?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

I don't know what to tell ya Jim....there are people without gvt id's that manage to survive in our society.... I don't know how they do it other than living on cash....but they do....this has been proven... and there are bigger groups of citizens that live on indian reservations that do not have id's, I remember reading about that....

Most anyone can get a fake id, easily, let alone a valid one, I understand this quite well.... I just don't see how a driver's licence has anything to do with cutting out voter fraud at the voting booth....

it should not be necessary to have a gvt id to live here in the land of the free, especially if you are a citizen that was born here.... though all of us have to have a ssan card now, which most americans threw a fit over when they started that....

I don't think it is so much of a problem with the younger people living in society today, but with the older people living in America who never learned to drive.... my motherinlaw, (God rest her soul) did not learn how to drive until she was in her 60's, so she had no gvt id until then....there are lost of people out there just like her....

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why not?
    Im just trying to figure out why asking a citizen to have an ID when they conduct government business is a waste of money.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know what to tell ya Jim....there are people without gvt id's that manage to survive in our society.... I don't know how they do it other than living on cash....but they do....this has been proven... and there are bigger groups of citizens that live on indian reservations that do not have id's, I remember reading about that....

Most anyone can get a fake id, easily, let alone a valid one, I understand this quite well.... I just don't see how a driver's licence has anything to do with cutting out voter fraud at the voting booth....

it should not be necessary to have a gvt id to live here in the land of the free, especially if you are a citizen that was born here.... though all of us have to have a ssan card now, which most americans threw a fit over when they started that....

I don't think it is so much of a problem with the younger people living in society today, but with the older people living in America who never learned to drive.... my motherinlaw, (God rest her soul) did not learn how to drive until she was in her 60's, so she had no gvt id until then....there are lost of people out there just like her....

jd
    your problem is plain, you don't understand facts. nobody said "drivers" license. ID

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im just trying to figure out why asking a citizen to have an ID when they conduct government business is a waste of money.
    good point. need one to marry. hell, need more than an ID to marry, and marriage is a fundamental right just like voting. won't here JD crying over that though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

what about new born babies? 5 month old babies? Id?
    Children born here will be issued a US birth certificate, which in turn can be used to get other forms of ID when they are of age.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock