Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    You do know that this resolution was a protest vote against sending more troops INTO Iraq right? I thought "supporting the troops" meant keeping them alive. I guess you guys have been using "support the troops" as a code for "send as many troops as possible into dangerous situations where they can get maimed and killed."
    so let me see if i have this straight......

at the begining you said sadam is a threat kill him

then for the past 5 years all yall have been saying there are not enough troops, you didn't send enough troops, you need more troops to win the peace

now that we want to send more troops you all are against it....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

About effin' time Congress stood up to the wannabe emperor and put him on notice that they don't approve!

He got us into this war on false pretenses and now we're in a royal mess. I no longer believe anything Bush says and I certainly have no confidence that he can clean up the mess left by his decisions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    About effin' time Congress stood up to the wannabe emperor and put him on notice that they don't approve!

He got us into this war on false pretenses and now we're in a royal mess. I no longer believe anything Bush says and I certainly have no confidence that he can clean up the mess left by his decisions.
    There's only one reason we are in a "royal mess" ! Democrats would not get behind the war effort. I like the way they sabotage a plan and then bitch because it didn't work out right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    There's only one reason we are in a "royal mess" ! Democrats would not get behind the war effort. I like the way they sabotage a plan and then bitch because it didn't work out right.

Now that's a downright disingenious argument, considering that until this year, Bush had a GOP-controlled Congress that gave him everything he wanted. The Dems didn't have the power or clout to "sabotage" Bush's war.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that's a downright disingenious argument, considering that until this year, Bush had a GOP-controlled Congress that gave him everything he wanted. The Dems didn't have the power or clout to "sabotage" Bush's war.
    Bullshit---the liberals and the media did everything in thier power to present a divided front to the enemy which is EXACTY what the enemy was depending on. If we had fought the war as a untited country it would be over but there is no way in hell the Liberals were going to let conservatives relish a victory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bullshit---the liberals and the media did everything in thier power to present a divided front to the enemy which is EXACTY what the enemy was depending on. If we had fought the war as a untited country it would be over but there is no way in hell the Liberals were going to let conservatives relish a victory.

Since you clearly can't abide dissent - which I thought was what made this country so great - then I can only suggest that you move to a country where "unity" is strictly enforced - like North Korea or Cuba.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since you clearly can't abide dissent - which I thought was what made this country so great - then I can only suggest that you move to a country where "unity" is strictly enforced - like North Korea or Cuba.
    Hogwash---Dissent forth sake of screwing over the other party is nothing but whiney carping. Real dissent offers alternatives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Perfectly said, Dillo.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

What a bunch of traitorous sons of bitches...

Pelosi = Fonda
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Perfectly said, Dillo.
    It's actually bullshit. Bush has been able to do pretty much anything he wanted to do, thanks to a GOP-controlled Congress that gave him almost anything he wanted.

To suggest that he has been hamstrung by dissenters, and to insinuate that those who disapprove of this war are traitors, is simply preposterous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It's actually bullshit. Bush has been able to do pretty much anything he wanted to do, thanks to a GOP-controlled Congress that gave him almost anything he wanted.

To suggest that he has been hamstrung by dissenters, and to insinuate that those who disapprove of this war are traitors, is simply preposterous.
    It's actually right on the money. Our enemy has been emboldened by the left's whining about our President. They sense, and rightly so, that with a turn to the Dems, our country will not have the will to fight them. And by the time we finally wake up to how deadly serious they are, they will have made irreversible inroads.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrong----they don't dissaprove of the war--they dissaprove of America being a sovereign country and conservatives. If there wasn't a war the would be whinng about somethig else.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrong----they don't dissaprove of the war--they dissaprove of America being a sovereign country and conservatives. If there wasn't a war the would be whinng about somethig else.
    That's a serious allegation. Care to provide some evidence to back it up? I've challenged a few right wingers like you to do just that, and their usual reaction is either to cut and run, or hurl personal insults.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a serious allegation. Care to provide some evidence to back it up? I've challenged a few right wingers like you to do just that, and their usual reaction is either to cut and run, or get very, very nasty.
    Provide me with some evidence that the liberals were more invested than winning the war than bitching about how it all started.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    You do know that this resolution was a protest vote against sending more troops INTO Iraq right? I thought "supporting the troops" meant keeping them alive. I guess you guys have been using "support the troops" as a code for "send as many troops as possible into dangerous situations where they can get maimed and killed."
    So you believe that troops should not be sent to war or situations where they could get maimed or killed?