Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Hillary highlights what's wrong with Democrats

On the Today show she mentioned wanting to be our 'champion' - she wants to give us the tools to live our lives to the fullest.

Ya know what? LEAVE ME ALONE. That's what I want. I don't want the government to provide anything but good roads, police, fire-fighters, and such. I don't NEED some hack politician in WA to force-feed programs, unfair taxes, and crappy state-run health care on me and my family. I want the safest borders possible. I want to be free to live my life and accept the consequences of my choices.

Hillary, in the name of Democrats, wants to hold my hand and lead me through my life. Hell no. Anybody who agrees with her on that is a pansy. And power-hungry.

There are people who WANT to be led. There are several folk on this board without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life. Fine. Move back home with mama. Keep your hands out of my wallet; keep your desire for control of my life where it belongs - shoved up your ass. I'm not even sure what that last bit means. But I mean it.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    On the Today show she mentioned wanting to be our 'champion' - she wants to give us the tools to live our lives to the fullest.

Ya know what? LEAVE ME ALONE. That's what I want. I don't want the government to provide anything but good roads, police, fire-fighters, and such. I don't NEED some hack politician in WA to force-feed programs, unfair taxes, and crappy state-run health care on me and my family. I want the safest borders possible. I want to be free to live my life and accept the consequences of my choices.

Hillary, in the name of Democrats, wants to hold my hand and lead me through my life. Hell no. Anybody who agrees with her on that is a pansy. And power-hungry.

There are people who WANT to be led. There are several folk on this board without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life. Fine. Move back home with mama. Keep your hands out of my wallet; keep your desire for control of my life where it belongs - shoved up your ass. I'm not even sure what that last bit means. But I mean it.

Yeah!!!!!!
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I think Hillary is highlighting what is wrong with Hillary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

FREEDOM!!!!

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

dmp, tell us how you REALLY feel about Hillary...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

based on her public words? She's borderline deranged and evil. Her 'good intentions' do not turn her bad ideas into anything good.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You don't find her "hot" or anything?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn! That sounded so Christian that I'm almost inspired to convert.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

What does that mean?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

isnt the road to hell paved with good intentions?

based on her public words? She's borderline deranged and evil. Her 'good intentions' do not turn her bad ideas into anything good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What does that mean?
    I'm sure you already know, but I'll spell it out anyway.

Real Christians are absolutely required to help those who are "without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life." Even if it involves some measure of self sacrifice. They would never tell them to move back in with mama.

You can't take a glockmail-style approach and adopt only the theological bits and pieces that are convenient in order to feel better about being an asshole. This is called hypocrisy. Just about every self-styled Christian on this board is guilty of it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    I'm sure you already know, but I'll spell it out anyway.

Real Christians are absolutely required to help those who are "without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life." Even if it involves some measure of self sacrifice. They would never tell them to move back in with mama.

You can't take a glockmail-style approach and adopt only the theological bits and pieces that are convenient in order to feel better about being an asshole. This is called hypocrisy. Just about every self-styled Christian on this board is guilty of it.

That's absolutely wrong, and betrays your ignorance of the faith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's absolutely wrong, and betrays your ignorance of the faith.
    I have no idea what you mean.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Nowhere does the bible support unfair, oppressive taxes to mandate government programs to help lazy people.

You're quick to toss out accusations about what it means to be a Christian, yet you clearly have very little information on the faith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nowhere does the bible support unfair, oppressive taxes to mandate government programs to help lazy people.
    Smokescreen alert. I wasn't talking about "lazy" people, and neither were you. You said that these were people "without the wherewithal or ability to forge a path in life."
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp
    You're quick to toss out accusations about what it means to be a Christian, yet you clearly have very little information on the faith.
    I spent all my elementary and junior high years at an episcopal school, then I had four years at a Catholic high school. I've been through plenty of academic instruction about your faith, thank you very much.

I also happen to know that Jesus said, "what you do to the least of my brothers, you also do to me." Meaning that, even if someone IS lazy, it's your job as a Christian to motivate him, not to turn up your nose at his suffering.