Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You've changed my life with your quaint, Jeff Foxworthy-esque colloquialism. Now go throw yourself down a flight of stairs.
    tried that....angels caught me before I hit bottom......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Go back to school dude.

no come on.....dinosaurs evolved from what......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    What about the idea that a Supreme Being created the heavens and universe? That is really unbelievable to a lot of folks.
    faith is faith....you belive the supreme being is primodial ooooooze.....from which sprang all living things.....hell you might as well believe in god....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Riiiiiiight. I should've remembered that but I was too distracted with the mountain of fossil, genetic, chemical and geological evidence.
    can you you point me to the evidence where the first living thing came from.....and where those elements came from.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if God hasn't been found yet, you'll still be stuck with the mountains of evidence supporting evolution. What then? If God simply gave the spark of life and then let evolution take over then that's a different story. Even if this was the case, it would mean that vast parts of the Bible are still simply not accurate, which would mean that the "creationists" arrived at truth by sheer dumb luck. The whole idea is ludicrous--as if a mystical belief in something incorporeal and supernatural is somehow superior to 2000 years of human scientific discovery. I'm putting my money on natural processes. Chemists are on the cusp of this discovery. The research is so close it's ridiculous that we're even still having this discussion.
    Sheer dumb luck? What other "scientific" discoveries have been by "sheer dumb luck"?

Parts of the Bible are still simply not accurate? I disagree. The Bible is completely accurate. Our interpretations are what are inaccurate. Some of the "Bible Thumpers" want us to believe that the Earth is only 6000 years or so old. Based on scientific "evidence" which may or may not be accurate, this seems to be preposterous. But, so what if the Bible Thumpers are wrong? It does not make the Bible wrong.

As for being on the cusp of this discovery... do you know how long the MDA has being saying that they will have the cure for Muscular Dystrophy? Your statement that "the research is so close that it is ridiculous that we're even still having this discussion" only shows that you are close-minded to any possibility of something beyond what you WANT to believe. We're not any closer to this discovery than we are to discovering the exact number of stars in the universe.

Now to your "mountain of evidence", as a side note, those words sound familiar as in the OJ Simpson murder trial and he went free, but I see no "mountain of evidence" supporting your theory that we all came from a single primordial soup which sprang the vast array of life and the individual cells that make up life. Talk about preposterous!! That thought is exactly that preposterous!

I refuse to argue against micro evolution. It makes too much sense. Species do adapt to their surroundings. But there is no evidence that shows that a dog became a whale... wait! wouldn't a male dog and a female dog have to evolve to a whale together in order to continue the species further? Nor is there evidence to show that two apes suddenly became human beings, had sex together and the first human child was born.

No, I choose to remain open minded about the issue for as long as I live. I don't claim to know everything about God, his work in creating us and all the nuances that went along with that. I choose to leave scientists to their studies and just remain curious rather than taking your course of action putting my fingers in my ears and singing "lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala" until those who disagree with me go away.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

No way. The universe is near infinitely large. It contains Kazillions of stars and solar systems. Taking into account the number of planets and stars in the universe, the odds are astronomically in favor of intelligent life evolving here and elsewhere. .....
    About a dozen more parameters, such as the atmospheric transparency, atmospheric pressure, atmospheric temperature gradient, other greenhouse gases, location of different gases and minerals, and mantle and core constituents and structures, currently are being researched for their sensitivity in the support of life. However, the 28 listed in Table 6 in themselves lead safely to the conclusion that much fewer than a trillionth of a trillionth of a percent of all stars will have a planet capable of sustaining advanced life. Considering that the observable universe contains less than a trillion galaxies, each averaging a hundred billion stars, we can see the not even one planet would be expected, by natural processes alone, to possess the necessary conditions to sustain life.
    http://www.origins.org/articles/ross...n%20parameters

That scientific conclusion is based purely on 28 discrete physical factors, many more which can be added in, and doesn't even touch on the chance of life evolving in a livable environment.

Statistics do not support the evolutionists at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I refuse to argue against micro evolution. It makes too much sense. Species do adapt to their surroundings. But there is no evidence that shows that a dog became a whale... wait! wouldn't a male dog and a female dog have to evolve to a whale together in order to continue the species further? Nor is there evidence to show that two apes suddenly became human beings, had sex together and the first human child was born.
    Immie
    Where in the world did you ever learn that nonsense as being the theory of evolution ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Where in the world did you ever learn that nonsense as being the theory of evolution ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    What part?

Dogs becoming whales? Apes becoming human beings?

It is what they teach and claim to be proof of macro evolution. Because one bone is similar in whales as in dogs that is the proof there is a missing link out there somewhere! The same thing goes with apes to men.

My question about a male and female having to evolve at the same time? Well, that was sort of tongue in cheek.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

there would have been life on Mars, but when the second living thing crawled out of the primordial sludge there it found itself strangely attracted to the first living thing that had crawled out of the primoridal sludge....and, since they were of the same sex, nothing ever came of it......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

back to reality.....how do you folks explain away the fact that the first living thing either had a sufficiently "evolved" structure to reproduce itself.....or died leaving no heirs........
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    there would have been life on Mars, but when the second living thing crawled out of the primordial sludge there it found itself strangely attracted to the first living thing that had crawled out of the primoridal sludge....and, since they were of the same sex, nothing ever came of it......
    Not that same old argument: "homos can't reproduce"!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    back to reality.....how do you folks explain away the fact that the first living thing either had a sufficiently "evolved" structure to reproduce itself.....or died leaving no heirs........
    Well, I don't believe in the primordial sludge BS but we know that Amoebas and other single cell, or I should say asexual, organisms reproduce without the help (as far as we know) of other beings of its own species.

But then how did we get from that form of life to all the other cells of life there are today?

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    no come on.....dinosaurs evolved from what......
    A self-replicating amino acid chain, the same thing everything living evolved from.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

A self-replicating amino acid chain, the same thing everything living evolved from.
    wow...do you read what you write? Does that make any sense, that a piece of amino acid could somehow transform - better itself all the way up to Human? I mean...does that not make you feel or of silly to even say?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.