Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default seahaws-skins game

Very emotional game to watch - I felt HORRIBLE when, near the end of the game, one of our CB actually ran-back an INT, instead of just taking a knee. Felt a little like rubbing-it-in. Didn't like that.

Go Hawks.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Very emotional game to watch - I felt HORRIBLE when, near the end of the game, one of our CB actually ran-back an INT, instead of just taking a knee. Felt a little like rubbing-it-in. Didn't like that.

Go Hawks.
    I was hoping the Skins would win, but they had a hell of a great run.

I did not see it as rubbing it in, he had a chance to score and he took it

Now if someone would only beat Dallas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go Hawks.
    Taking a knee AND getting an opponent to touch you is hard to pull off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go Hawks.
    Being a Cowboy fan I loved it. Didn't expect the Hawks to win, but it was a well deserved victory.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Taking a knee AND getting an opponent to touch you is hard to pull off.
    He should have went down, and allowed the Offense to take a knee to end the game. Was very UN-Westbrook-like.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He should have went down, and allowed the Offense to take a knee to end the game. Was very UN-Westbrook-like.
    Im not sure that he can just take a knee for the play to be blown dead---looked to me like he wasn't sure either. I don't think anyone is really gonna trash him for it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

If he takes a knee, or otherwise just lay down, he'd be done when somebody touched him. (shrug). I'm not talking about him 'fair catching' or anything - just thought it was selfish of him to run it back w/ 20 seconds left?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If he takes a knee, or otherwise just lay down, he'd be done when somebody touched him. (shrug). I'm not talking about him 'fair catching' or anything - just thought it was selfish of him to run it back w/ 20 seconds left?
    As an opponent I'd just let him lie there rather than get credit for a "tackle" too.---Whatever --no harm. They've got at least one more game to be classy in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

congratulations on the victory

Go Hawks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Go Hawks.
    This is the playoffs, there is no room for that weak shit, you take every point you can muster.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

with 27 seconds left, and possession, where the opposition has no time-outs left? His selfishness put his teammates at risk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go Hawks.
    I thought that was awesome... especially when the Skin's QB got flattened on a block during the return.

with 27 seconds left, and possession, where the opposition has no time-outs left? His selfishness put his teammates at risk.
    Wanting to score points is not selfish.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It's absolutely selfish when the points don't matter. See: Brian Westbrook a coupel weeks ago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's absolutely selfish when the points don't matter. See: Brian Westbrook a coupel weeks ago.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. For a CB to have the chance to put points on the board and just take a knee is, in my book, not giving 100%.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. For a CB to have the chance to put points on the board and just take a knee is, in my book, not giving 100%.
    Context dictates. Seattle was up by 14 already. 27 seconds left. For him to take a knee has the potential to avoid injuries to his other players. Because he decided "I'm going to score just because I can" he put the rest of his team at risk of injury via another kick-off and defensive series. Was brian westbrook not giving 100% by 'not' scoring a few weeks ago?

In 2005 Ken Hamlin intercepted a pass by Mark Bulger to give the seahawks the ball at the Ram's 10 yard line. Had he NOT been selfish, he would have swatted-away the 4th-down pass, to give the hawks the ball at the Ram's 40.

Both Hamlin and Babs played without game-situation-awareness.