Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Hell, The Life of Brian is better than The Passion! LOL.

As for The Kingdom, I think you'll like it. It's well done and does a very good job of not demonizing all Arabs as terrorists. The action scenes are intenseand well shot.

Jamie Fox is not a favorite of mine, but he does good work, I'm thinking of Ray in particular.
    jamie was better in collateral....and i loved when tom played himself....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    not one scene in either of those movies?.......what about full metal jacket.....

not fucking with you just asking....
    Full metal jacket was pretty good. It was still an anti-war movie. Lots of "look how cruel these guys can be" stuff in it. And things like the chopper flight with the machine gunner blasting away at everyone on the ground. That didn't happen. The pilots would have thrown his ass out. Lots of anti-military over tones in that movie. Hamburger hill was done the same way. Your suppose to feel sorry for these poor guys who were shipped off to war. Except the marines had all enlisted to fight and the airborne of Hamburger hill were enlistees too. There were no drafted soldiers in the airborne.

platoon had a few good moments. The ambush at the beginning was pretty good that gave me the willies when I first saw it. Been there, done that, you could say. I know more about the movie than most because I read the book. I was actually in the area the story takes place in. It's south west of a mountain called The Black Virgin Mountain.

I'm still waiting for a good Vietnam movie. But I don't expect to see one in my life time. Maybe I'm just too cynical about how hollywood portrays things.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Full metal jacket was pretty good. It was still an anti-war movie. Lots of "look how cruel these guys can be" stuff in it. And things like the chopper flight with the machine gunner blasting away at everyone on the ground. That didn't happen. The pilots would have thrown his ass out. Lots of anti-military over tones in that movie. Hamburger hill was done the same way. Your suppose to feel sorry for these poor guys who were shipped off to war. Except the marines had all enlisted to fight and the airborne of Hamburger hill were enlistees too. There were no drafted soldiers in the airborne.

platoon had a few good moments. The ambush at the beginning was pretty good that gave me the willies when I first saw it. Been there, done that, you could say. I know more about the movie than most because I read the book. I was actually in the area the story takes place in. It's south west of a mountain called The Black Virgin Mountain.

I'm still waiting for a good Vietnam movie. But I don't expect to see one in my life time. Maybe I'm just too cynical about how hollywood portrays things.
    thank you......i have watched a couple of these with my uncles best friend and an old girlfriends dad that were in vietnam.....they would tell me what was and was not even close....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    thank you......i have watched a couple of these with my uncles best friend and an old girlfriends dad that were in vietnam.....they would tell me what was and was not even close....
    That's the best way to watch em. Nobody ever wants to watch a movie like that with me cause I'm always tearing it apart.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Jamie Fox is not a favorite of mine, but he does good work, I'm thinking of Ray in particular.
    I'm not going to say I have anything against his acting skills, per se. But, around the time that Ray came out, he also had that song out with Kanye West, and it seemed like everywhere I looked, I saw him, and he always comes across pretty arrogant in interviews, to me anyway, and he's always got to get in some comment about black actors, how things are so hard for black actors, especially ones like him who have been famous for over ten years, y'know?
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    That's the best way to watch em. Nobody ever wants to watch a movie like that with me cause I'm always tearing it apart.
    actually i would love to watch a movie like this with people that know stuff....makes you smarter

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I'm not going to say I have anything against his acting skills, per se. But, around the time that Ray came out, he also had that song out with Kanye West, and it seemed like everywhere I looked, I saw him, and he always comes across pretty arrogant in interviews, to me anyway, and he's always got to get in some comment about black actors, how things are so hard for black actors, especially ones like him who have been famous for over ten years, y'know?
    I hear you. Luckily, I don't watch many celebrity interviews.

Unless it's Jimmy Buffett.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll