Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default People of Color

Who do you think started the demographic people of color? Was it a black person, a Chinese, Spanish, white or what? Why not just say Non-White people?

To use the term people of color requires to think in terms of a struggle between all non-white and white people.

Is it the opinion of people of color they are equal to or superior to white people or do white people consider themselves superior to people of color?

What is the struggle, are white people holding down people of color or are people of color just not ready for prime-time?

Social anthropologist have theories of cultures based on belief of gods as the definitive between cultures... like steps, belief in spirits, belief in multiple gods to belief in one god. In this theory any member on a higher step can consider themselves superior to the people below them. Another theory is based on availability of food and the ability to establish a culture that respects property and society expected norms resulting in peace among the people. Both theories require peace and abundant food for the culture to be superior, because the culture will only use intelligence towards progress when relieved from the daily need for the basics of life.

Are people of color equal to white people in their culture's progress? Is this the struggle? Do white people consider themselves superior to other cultures and races? Do people of color consider themselves equal to white people's evolution even if they still believe in spirits?
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Evolutionary theorists in several fields (biology, psychology, etc.) tell us that races are like extended families. They are defined as human subspecies that have bred in geographic isolation over very long periods of time in order to adapt to particular climates. This is why you have whites, blacks, Asians, etc. The different rates of evolution mean for varying levels of ability and intelligence, BUT ALSO, and this is important, make for intra-loyalty within the racial groups. For the same natural reasons that a mother favors her own child over another mother's child, we favor members of our own race over those of other races. This is what ensures that genes will be passed along.

The consequence for politics is obvious. Jam different racial groups into the same country, and there will be friction. And how.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    Evolutionary theorists in several fields (biology, psychology, etc.) tell us that races are like extended families. They are defined as human subspecies that have bred in geographic isolation over very long periods of time in order to adapt to particular climates. This is why you have whites, blacks, Asians, etc. The different rates of evolution mean for varying levels of ability and intelligence, BUT ALSO, and this is important, make for intra-loyalty within the racial groups. For the same natural reasons that a mother favors her own child over another mother's child, we favor members of our own race over those of other races. This is what ensures that genes will be passed along.

The consequence for politics is obvious. Jam different racial groups into the same country, and there will be friction. And how.
    Yet all of these races have commonalities of all human races that include art and the belief in spirits, multiple gods or a single god. And, each race always transitions from spirits, then to multiple gods and then to one god.

Does the evolution of belief in god(s) relate to the evolution of the race/culture to its pinnacle? Can a New Orleans or Haitian black person that practices Voodoo compete with white race equal to develop innovations like computers, automobiles, telephones, television and so on or are they relegated to wait for evolution to have these abilities?

On the concept of availability of food equals brain development equally regardless of race should other races be inventing technology equal to the white race?

Under diversity brainwashing in America all persons are equal regardless of race so if all races have the same food, security and education foundation can we expect equal contribution in breaking technologies as mentioned above regardless of race? Or does this evolution take centuries of these mentioned standards of food, security and education, and what influence of transition of belief to a single god will have on the outcome.

For that matter what outcome would the belief of no god have? I think if a culture transitions in to a belief of no god a culture that strongly believes in a single god, like Islam could take over the culture as is happening in Europe in the present.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Classact View Post
    Yet all of these races have commonalities of all human races that include art and the belief in spirits, multiple gods or a single god. And, each race always transitions from spirits, then to multiple gods and then to one god.

Does the evolution of belief in god(s) relate to the evolution of the race/culture to its pinnacle? Can a New Orleans or Haitian black person that practices Voodoo compete with white race equal to develop innovations like computers, automobiles, telephones, television and so on or are they relegated to wait for evolution to have these abilities?

On the concept of availability of food equals brain development equally regardless of race should other races be inventing technology equal to the white race?

Under diversity brainwashing in America all persons are equal regardless of race so if all races have the same food, security and education foundation can we expect equal contribution in breaking technologies as mentioned above regardless of race? Or does this evolution take centuries of these mentioned standards of food, security and education, and what influence of transition of belief to a single god will have on the outcome.

For that matter what outcome would the belief of no god have? I think if a culture transitions in to a belief of no god a culture that strongly believes in a single god, like Islam could take over the culture as is happening in Europe in the present.
    So is the question maybe a more "advanced" culture vs a stronger one ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    So is the question maybe a more "advanced" culture vs a stronger one ?
    We need definitions of advanced and stronger.

In consideration of earlier posts on theories I posted I will point out the Afro American race has contributed significantly as described at this link... http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa041897.htm Please note what Hugh Lincoln posted:

The different rates of evolution mean for varying levels of ability and intelligence, BUT ALSO, and this is important, make for intra-loyalty within the racial groups. For the same natural reasons that a mother favors her own child over another mother's child, we favor members of our own race over those of other races. This is what ensures that genes will be passed along.
    Note the loyalty in the link above on the exceptional black inventor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We need definitions of advanced and stronger.

In consideration of earlier posts on theories I posted I will point out the Afro American race has contributed significantly as described at this link... http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa041897.htm Please note what Hugh Lincoln posted:

Note the loyalty in the link above on the exceptional black inventor.
    I was thinking in terms of "barbarians" sacking rome or the slaughter of "intellectuals" in various communist revolutions.
    You lost me on the loyalty issue--is your stance that Carver shared his inventions with other races as opposed to keeping them for the sole benefit of his own race ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I was thinking in terms of "barbarians" sacking rome or the slaughter of "intellectuals" in various communist revolutions.
    You lost me on the loyalty issue--is your stance that Carver shared his inventions with other races as opposed to keeping them for the sole benefit of his own race ?
    No, I was referring to the first paragraph in the link. I watched a History Channel program on GW Carver and concluded he turned down wealth in exchange for helping his fellow Afro Americans.

I guess in terms of race/cultures in the main groups Western European and North American caucasian race verses African, Asian and Arab-Islamic-Asian cultures was my point. There were advances in all of these cultures but the caucasian race is identified with most modern advances in technology and science. Likewise, Western Europe used its self superior culture view to dominate other cultures in Africa, North and South America deciding to take over or use the culture for their use. In the Caribbean area there was no desire to take over but just a desire to exploit the land and people for their desires based on the fact they considered themselves superior while considering the natives heathens. In areas where they desired to take over they were generous to invite the natives to convert to "civilized life" or be killed or exiled as justifiable since they were heathens.

I could use the same theory in the mindset of Islam and their self proclaimed superior religion being justification to consider Caucasians Race cultures as heathens justifying them destroying us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Classact;189613]Who do you think started the demographic people of color? Was it a black person, a Chinese, Spanish, white or what? Why not just say Non-White people? I always figured the phrase came from the NAACP.

To use the term people of color requires to think in terms of a struggle between all non-white and white people.Yes it does, of course I don't think there really is a struggle between all non-white people and whites.

Is it the opinion of people of color they are equal to or superior to white people or do white people consider themselves superior to people of color?

What is the struggle, are white people holding down people of color or are people of color just not ready for prime-time?Globally, there is no country with a majority non-white population that is run by whites, that I am aware of anyway. They run their own countries. Japan certainly doesn't need anyones help to be a first rate country. Why are African countries still so poor and disorganized? IMO corrupt gov. and a tribal mentality are their problems, I don't see how whites figure into their problmes at all.

Social anthropologist have theories of cultures based on belief of gods as the definitive between cultures... like steps, belief in spirits, belief in multiple gods to belief in one god. In this theory any member on a higher step can consider themselves superior to the people below them. Another theory is based on availability of food and the ability to establish a culture that respects property and society expected norms resulting in peace among the people. Both theories require peace and abundant food for the culture to be superior, because the culture will only use intelligence towards progress when relieved from the daily need for the basics of life.

Are people of color equal to white people in their culture's progress? Is this the struggle? Do white people consider themselves superior to other cultures and races? Do people of color consider themselves equal to white people's evolution even if they still believe in spirits? Certainly in the past the Europeans thought themselves superior because of their religion and culture. They took over countries that were subsiding in hunting and gathering cultures and looked down on them.When the Europeans started trading with the Chinese the Europeans were looked down on because their culture and religion.[/COLOR]I think in every race today some people think they're superior to another person based on race or religion. I don't think this will end, any time soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take a look at this link http://www.rapidimmigration.com/usa/...n_history.html if you take particular note of this entry

1968 Act: Eliminated US immigration discrimination based on race, place of birth, sex and residence. It also officially abolished restrictions on Oriental US immigration.
    You will see how People of Color came about. When I was growing up there were very few non white US citizens outside of Afro Americans, Chinese and Spanish populations that were isolated in comparison to today's makeup of the America population.

Was the 1968 act a good thing or bad thing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

White is a color too!
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't know who came up with the term "people of color" but I do know that after a number of years, that phrase too will be unacceptable. Think about how "Negro" was ok, then it was not. "Black" was then the preferred term, then it was not. "African American" became all the rage; then it was not. What this all says is that it's time for everyone to grow the heck up and stop worrying about these temporary walking-on-eggshells PC labels.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe the term people of color is a politicaly correct divisive word.

Im tired of everyone in america needing a hyphin, there should be no mexican americans, african americans, asian americans

simply AMERICANS

as far as superiority, i think all races are equal, and when a person of any race says im better then that race, that is racist

Who do you think started the demographic people of color? Was it a black person, a Chinese, Spanish, white or what? Why not just say Non-White people?

To use the term people of color requires to think in terms of a struggle between all non-white and white people.

What is the struggle, are white people holding down people of color or are people of color just not ready for prime-time?

Are people of color equal to white people in their culture's progress? Is this the struggle? Do white people consider themselves superior to other cultures and races? Do people of color consider themselves equal to white people's evolution even if they still believe in spirits?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If black is the absense of color, than everyone who is not "black" is a "colored person", no?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    I believe the term people of color is a politicaly correct divisive word.

Im tired of everyone in america needing a hyphin, there should be no mexican americans, african americans, asian americans

simply AMERICANS

as far as superiority, i think all races are equal, and when a person of any race says im better then that race, that is racist
    your thoughts are right, however, you use the term "race" in a rather ignorant fashion. Your use of the word impliess that there are varying kinds of humans - there isn't. Everyone, regardless of skin color are ALL THE SAME RACE - the Human Race...

Here's an excellent explaination of how varrying people groups of various colors have come about:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home...-variation.asp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    If black is the absense of color, than everyone who is not "black" is a "colored person", no?
    actually black is the result of all colors blended....white is an absence of color....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus