Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    actually black is the result of all colors blended....white is an absence of color....
    Actually, Black is the net result when no light is present so there are no colors to reflect back to one's eye...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

actually black is the result of all colors blended....white is an absence of color....
    Except in light....... white light is all colors combined.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the conversation included all people of color, abby. Tell me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I don't know who came up with the term "people of color" but I do know that after a number of years, that phrase too will be unacceptable. Think about how "Negro" was ok, then it was not. "Black" was then the preferred term, then it was not. "African American" became all the rage; then it was not. What this all says is that it's time for everyone to grow the heck up and stop worrying about these temporary walking-on-eggshells PC labels.
    What is your obsession with "negro", "black", "african-american"? Are you now denying there is not a problem with people of color regardless of the pc consideration? BTW, the only people I ever hear bitching or even mentioning "pc" is redneck reichwingers that clearly are scared to death of everybody other than themselves.

Personally, I just can't live that way but I've been around the world a few times and got to know many "people of color" and even more that retain a more "white" nomenclature. Have you thoroughly checked your own roots?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I think the conversation included all people of color, abby. Tell me if I am wrong.
    What is your obsession with "negro", "black", "african-american"? Are you now denying there is not a problem with people of color regardless of the pc consideration? BTW, the only people I ever hear bitching or even mentioning "pc" is redneck reichwingers that clearly are scared to death of everybody other than themselves.
    Personally, I just can't live that way but I've been around the world a few times and got to know many "people of color" and even more that retain a more "white" nomenclature. Have you thoroughly checked your own roots?
    what does one color have to do with ones soul.......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The point of my post was the obsession of another poster with a single color in mind, m'59.

what does one color have to do with ones soul.......
    Can you dig it? What about the gingers? I have been told they have no soul at all?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The point of my post was the obsession of another poster with a single color in mind, m'59.
    Can you dig it? What about the gingers? I have been told they have no soul at all?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

color, sex and age mean nothing ... talent and skill are everything.....

i would suggets the gingers listen to this.....http://www.musicdirect.com/product/77219

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, I am on dial up, m'59. Audio, video aren't easy for me. Can you tell me what it's all about? I am a musician and I appreciate all good jamm. I think I am capable of digging the opinion of a jamm from one whom I so much respect.

color, sex and age mean nothing ... talent and skill are everything.....

i would suggets the gingers listen to this.....http://www.musicdirect.com/product/77219
    It could've been worse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, I am on dial up, m'59. Audio, video aren't easy for me. Can you tell me what it's all about? I am a musician and I appreciate all good jamm. I think I am capable of digging the opinion of a jamm from one whom I so much respect.

it could've been worse.
    it is a website where i buy my albums....

the one i linked to would give you some soul...

JOHN LEE HOOKER - THE HEALER (200g LP)

The Healer was oddly a major mainstream breakthrough for John Lee Hooker. The album was one of the first to feature a wide array of guest stars, including Bonnie Raitt, Keith Richards, Johnnie Johnson and Los Lobos and Carlos Santana. The album immediately captured widespread media attention because of all the superstar musicians involved in its production and has to date been John Lee's most successful release. Recorded in analog and mixed to 1/4' 15ips analog tape, the sound is better than almost any other Hooker recording. Transferred from the original 1/4' analog tapes by Bernie Grundman using Classic's 'all tube' cutting system, gives this release a warmth and comfort it has never had. If you're a John Lee Hooker fan then this a must! Great sound and classic Hooker guitar and vocal performances.

1. The Healer
    2. I'm In The Mood
    3. Baby Lee
    4. Cuttin' Out
    5. Think Twice Before You Go
    6. Sally Mae
    7. That's Alright
    8. Rockin' Chair
    9. My Dream
    10. No Substitute

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont understand the need to say my race is before me being an american, and thats people do when they say african-american, mexican americans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uhhhhhh,,,,,,way more technical than anything I would consider useful information but I certainly dig the jammers and I certainly dig the jamms.

it is a website where i buy my albums....

the one i linked to would give you some soul...

JOHN LEE HOOKER - THE HEALER (200g LP)

The Healer was oddly a major mainstream breakthrough for John Lee Hooker. The album was one of the first to feature a wide array of guest stars, including Bonnie Raitt, Keith Richards, Johnnie Johnson and Los Lobos and Carlos Santana. The album immediately captured widespread media attention because of all the superstar musicians involved in its production and has to date been John Lee's most successful release. Recorded in analog and mixed to 1/4' 15ips analog tape, the sound is better than almost any other Hooker recording. Transferred from the original 1/4' analog tapes by Bernie Grundman using Classic's 'all tube' cutting system, gives this release a warmth and comfort it has never had. If you're a John Lee Hooker fan then this a must! Great sound and classic Hooker guitar and vocal performances.

1. The Healer
    2. I'm In The Mood
    3. Baby Lee
    4. Cuttin' Out
    5. Think Twice Before You Go
    6. Sally Mae
    7. That's Alright
    8. Rockin' Chair
    9. My Dream
    10. No Substitute
    I am a bandstand jammer. We create, original jamm or not, whatever comes across at the time. My studio days were over in 1968, the year I joined the United States Air Force so I could go fight communism and otherwise avoid the draft. I didn't avoid Viet Nam but I didn't do much ground pounding either. Please refer to my other posts about that experience. Maybe then you might come to grips with your own dilemmas in the conversation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uhhhhhh,,,,,,way more technical than anything I would consider useful information but I certainly dig the jammers and I certainly dig the jamms.

am a bandstand jammer. We create, original jamm or not, whatever comes across at the time. My studio days were over in 1968, the year I joined the United States Air Force so I could go fight communism and otherwise avoid the draft. I didn't avoid Viet Nam but I didn't do much ground pounding either. Please refer to my other posts about that experience. Maybe then you might come to grips with your own dilemmas in the conversation.
    sweet....wifes dad played in big bands.....

as for me i have no dilemmas....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love big bands!!!!!!!! I cut my teeth on big bands!!!!!!!! I just can't find a good 5 piece group that can pull the big band stuff off!!!!!!!! Have you ever heard Lyle Lovette? He is a great writer, not much of a singer but his bands really kick my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you want to hide your dilemmas? We all have them, you know?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I don't know who came up with the term "people of color" but I do know that after a number of years, that phrase too will be unacceptable. Think about how "Negro" was ok, then it was not. "Black" was then the preferred term, then it was not. "African American" became all the rage; then it was not. What this all says is that it's time for everyone to grow the heck up and stop worrying about these temporary walking-on-eggshells PC labels.
    I don't think "People of Color" refers to black people directly, moreover it refers to the fact a group of minorities out number the white population in the US... it is a power term.

It is used like the term "White Trash"... white trash was a term used by only white people when I was a kid. The KKK started the use of the term white trash. White trash was defined as an irresponsible white person that used assets of the "producing whites", or in other words equal to a ghetto welfare black. My dad, who was in the KKK said he was only at one cross burning and it was on the lawn of a white trash house... the dude took tax money and spent it on booze and didn't even feed his family nor seek work.

But today White Trash is used by people of color as a definition of intolerant white people that refuse to accept black people regardless of their lifestyle.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Well Psycho, if you can link me up with multiple PC name changes for other races besides blacks, I would be glad to include them as well. It's always good to shine a light on PC nonsense, and I am an equal opportunity PC illuminator.

Btw, I think we need to re-educate you on numbers. When someone mentions something just once, it cannot reasonably indicate an obsession. You, on the other hand, mention people's supposed obsessions so often, that perhaps you have an obsession with trying to paint other people as having obsessions. See how that works?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Classact View Post
    I don't think "People of Color" refers to black people directly, moreover it refers to the fact a group of minorities out number the white population in the US... it is a power term.
    Yes, I know that it is inclusive of Latinos, etc. But it also includes blacks, and as such, it is the latest in a string of names that quickly became unacceptable for who knows what reason.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 01-25-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey