Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    To sugest this has nothing to do with the sub prime situation would leave you completely alone in the world Jim.
    I think it has to do with foreign markets always going down when we have a holiday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Thats a LIE---I've posted several requests for a dance with you !!!! The difference between you and I is you think one political party is innocent--I think they are both guilty--.
    Well I thought those were aimed at insulting me.

what are they both guilty of?

this aint looking good
    http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/21/news...s.ap/index.htm

Stocks fell sharply worldwide Monday following declines on Wall Street last week amid investor pessimism over the U.S. government's stimulus plan to prevent a recession.

U.S. markets were closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but were primed to open Tuesday's session with steep declines, according to futures trading.
    Last edited by truthmatters; 01-21-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I thought those were aimed at insulting me.

what are they both guilty of?
    Actually I think you probably have a pretty decent heart underneath all that hatred and anger----political parties are guilty of damn near everything but mostly they want to take power and money away from the people. Government may be a neccesary evil but our ENTIRE POLITICAL SYSTEM has taken it to insane extremes for their own personal gain.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I think it has to do with foreign markets always going down when we have a holiday.
    I know I had a slow day at work thanks to whatever day it is today. I'm going to get hammered tomorrow, I just know it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Actually I think you probably have a pretty decent heart underneath all that hatred and anger----political parties are guilty of damn near everything but mostly they want to take power and money away from the people. Government may be a neccesary evil but our ENTIRE POLITICAL SYSTEM has taken it to insane extremes for their own personal gain.

I dont completely dissagree with you Dillo but I dont think its the parties. Its the people who own the parties do to the favors they have to give just to get elected. If we could take the monied interests out of the equation we coukld have a better government. Nothing is perfect but it could be much better.

People who know me in real life think Im pretty nice. I have republican family members who love and trust me and would even do so with their lives. I just see so much devision any more I dont think there is much hope for this country coming together to do what is nesessary to keep it afloat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    I know I had a slow day at work thanks to whatever day it is today. I'm going to get hammered tomorrow, I just know it.

Long term is what matters. If you got some years left to hang through it your OK. Its the people who have to retire soon who will be hit the worst.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I wish you people didnt hate me just because you stand on the other side of a political devide.
    I'm going to give this another effort with you.

First off, I don't think people actually "hate" you, that's a pretty strong word to use about people that technically don't know one another. If anything, people hate the way another person posts. And I can only speak for myself, but I don't hate what you post because of what political party you support but rather because you seem to post with a strong agenda towards Dems and want to ridicule or make tons of baseless assumptions and accusations towards republicans. For the most part you steer clear of any thread that deals with negativity towards dems and only participate in threads bashing conservatives. You'll notice there are endless threads with conservatives disagreeing with Bush on many subjects, as well as many republican candidates right now. Most of us like or dislike based on what we feel is good for our country, not solely because of party affiliation.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont completely dissagree with you Dillo but I dont think its the parties. Its the people who own the parties do to the favors they have to give just to get elected. If we could take the monied interests out of the equation we coukld have a better government. Nothing is perfect but it could be much better.

People who know me in real life think Im pretty nice. I have republican family members who love and trust me and would even do so with their lives. I just see so much devision any more I dont think there is much hope for this country coming together to do what is nesessary to keep it afloat.
    Special interests own both parties. Ranting about only one party indicates that you approve of the other party doing it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm going to give this another effort with you.

First off, I don't think people actually "hate" you, that's a pretty strong word to use about people that technically don't know one another. If anything, people hate the way another person posts. And I can only speak for myself, but I don't hate what you post because of what political party you support but rather because you seem to post with a strong agenda towards Dems and want to ridicule or make tons of baseless assumptions and accusations towards republicans. For the most part you steer clear of any thread that deals with negativity towards dems and only participate in threads bashing conservatives. You'll notice there are endless threads with conservatives disagreeing with Bush on many subjects, as well as many republican candidates right now. Most of us like or dislike based on what we feel is good for our country, not solely because of party affiliation.

But you seem unable to accept that I post what I believe and I believe what I belive because I feel it is best for my country.

These threads you say exsist I have never seen them. Im not saying they dont exsist Im saying I have never seen them. I start threads about what I believe. I have started threads about Dems doing things I felt were wrong on every site I have ever been on. This is an extraordinary time in history. When was teh last time one party had complete control for 7 straight years? I truely feel it has been a miserable failure in their hands. I am not alone in the world with this asessment.

I really have tried to stay civil on this site and have done a pretty dam good job of looking past all the insults and just answering the debate questions.

I did this in hopes people would at some point just com back with discussion instead of insult and maybe we could really listen to each other.

This post is an example of something seen as an attack when its really pretty much what every expert agrees is very likely going to happen tomorrow. Somehow it was seen as partisan hackery?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Long term is what matters. If you got some years left to hang through it your OK. Its the people who have to retire soon who will be hit the worst.
    My point was in reference to Avatar's. If you remember, his remark was about today, specifically. The firm I work for lost hundreds of thousands of dollars because US business and firms were closed (including postal systems which is the primary reason patent and trade mark was so slow). I'm sure they'll make that up tomorrow, meaning I'll be twice as busy. Get it? Ha. Ha.

As for long term.....duh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What guarantee is there that the stock market will always do well?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you are going to retire soon you should not even be in the stock market it is too high risk......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah if you are just a couple of years away and still in stock it will be ugly for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I wish we had adults in this country who realized that the government isnt responsible for people making stupid choices.
    i will ask you this......

who do you trust more to take care of you.....

you?

or

the govt?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    What guarantee is there that the stock market will always do well?
    None.

Its all a risk.