Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NPR Rips Into Christians

America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Given that any real evidence of Chimpy McPresident's faith, beyond the usual muttering of platitudes and being filmed exiting a church, is completely lacking, I don't see any "attack" on our fearless leader's religious beliefs as being an "attack" on Christianity. He is no more Christian than I am a Zoroastrian.

But don't let liitle facts like that disturb you. To you, it's all a ZOG plot.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Given that any real evidence of Chimpy McPresident's faith, beyond the usual muttering of platitudes and being filmed exiting a church, is completely lacking, I don't see any "attack" on our fearless leader's religious beliefs as being an "attack" on Christianity. He is no more Christian than I am a Zoroastrian.

Speaking of religion Bully, how do you feel about all of the pandering being done by the Democrat candidates in churches? I thought political speeches in church was a no-no. How about the hero of all dems, Billy Bob Clinton and his Presidential nap during another boring bullshit speech about the over hyped greatness of MLK? Seems with the nap, the first black President is even admitting what a joke it all is.

The father of our country doesn't have a day but this clown does, give me a break.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Your presumption and arrogance in making these statements about another's beliefs are astounding.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Speaking of religion Bully, how do you feel about all of the pandering being done by the Democrat candidates in churches?
    When Democrats talk about religion, they're boldly expressing their faith.

When Republicans talk about religion, they're being narrow-minded and divisive.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Your presumption and arrogance in making these statements about another's beliefs are astounding.
    I find that typical of Zoroastrians......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    How so, pray tell?
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    When Democrats talk about religion, they're boldly expressing their faith.

When Republicans talk about religion, they're being narrow-minded and divisive.
    The Democratic and Republican parties are both just chock full o' Christians. It's the Republican leadership which gives the Christians in their own party a black-eye by pandering to extremists. In that respect, they are narrow minded and divisive. Any Democrat who does the same is JUST as guilty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ah, the 4th grade contingent weighs in.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Speaking of religion Bully, how do you feel about all of the pandering being done by the Democrat candidates in churches? I thought political speeches in church was a no-no. How about the hero of all dems, Billy Bob Clinton and his Presidential nap during another boring bullshit speech about the over hyped greatness of MLK? Seems with the nap, the first black President is even admitting what a joke it all is.

The father of our country doesn't have a day but this clown does, give me a break.
    Religion and politics are always a volatile combination, especially when used as a stepping stone to power. It shouldn't be done, by anyone.

One's faith will inevitably shape the way one views and responds to the world, but any attempt to give one's religious doctrine the full weight and authority of law will, just as inevitably, marginalize those holding different beliefs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Ah, the 4th grade contingent weighs in.
    Ah, the cognitively impaired contingent weighs in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How so, pray tell?
    Because you don't have a fucking clue as to what Bush does inside the church or outside for that matter between him and his God. If he told everyone about every second of his worship and devotion time you'd accuse the man of being a Jesus freak and proselytizing, in short you are or would be a hypocrite, there is nothing that Bush could do religiously that would satisfy your hate for him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

How so, pray tell?
    If I pray tell, won't you just accuse me of being a non-believing hypocrite?

OCA's response to you just above is spot on, so I'll just direct you there for the "how so".
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 01-27-2008 at 03:40 PM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Because you don't have a fucking clue as to what Bush does inside the church or outside for that matter between him and his God. If he told everyone about every second of his worship and devotion time you'd accuse the man of being a Jesus freak and proselytizing, in short you are or would be a hypocrite, there is nothing that Bush could do religiously that would satisfy your hate for him.
    I weigh a person's religious conviction by their actions, not their words. His actions fail to comport with the teachings of his favorite "political philosopher or thinker", Christ.

I don't accuse Bush of being a "Jesus freak", just a shallow...petty...venal...hypocrite.

As for hatred, he's really not worthy of the emotion. It requires more energy and effort than I'm willing to devote to such a fruitless enterprise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I weigh a person's religious conviction by their actions, not their words. His actions fail to comport with the teachings of his favorite "political philosopher or thinker", Christ.

I don't accuse Bush of being a "Jesus freak", just a shallow...petty...venal...hypocrite.

As for hatred, he's really not worthy of the emotion. It requires more energy and effort than I'm willing to devote to such a fruitless enterprise.
    So what actions are these that fail to comport with the teachings of Christ? And being a Buddhist do you think you are qualified to sit in judgement of those actions or inactions? I mean I don't know shit about Sikhs so I don't think I would be qualified to comment on their religion or any follower of their religion.

Yes, I do think you are qualified to speak on the man's hypocricies....being a hypocrite yourself.

Sure, that is why you take every opportunity to bash him on every subject imagineable. I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve some bashing on some things but you are obsessed, admit it.
    Last edited by OCA; 01-27-2008 at 06:07 PM.