Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    So what actions are these that fail to comport with the teachings of Christ? And being a Buddhist do you think you are qualified to sit in judgement of those actions or inactions? I mean I don't know shit about Sikhs so I don't think I would be qualified to comment on their religion or any follower of their religion.

Yes, I do think you are qualified to speak on the man's hypocricies....being a hypocrite yourself.

Sure, that is why you take every opportunity to bash him on every subject imagineable. I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve some bashing on some things but you are obsessed, admit it.
    6 years of catholic school, raised by an Irish catholic and a southern baptist. I think I can weigh in on this one.

He isn't trying to slam christianity, he really wasn't. His first post was mainly smartassed to start with. As well, it isn't precisely a difficulty to find a Bible these days, and you asked nothing of his maybe having read one.

Bush has lied at numerous points (black sites would be a big one, no plan to invade Iraq), and then, at no point showed any humility at having blatantly lied to the American people. "Love your Enemy" does not seem to be on his political agenda at any point, and has not been. Bush has faith in his religion, but not faith in Christ, of what I've seen thus far. If it's there, then he is hiding the hell out of it.

Beyond that, he uses Christianity to avoid having to take personal responsibility. He preaches nothing but fear, and that giving him power over all of our lives is the only way to combat those that stand against. The religion had become more important than the message, and so Christ was given to give it a rebirth. Unfortunately, Bush & Co. seem to have forgotten the lesson of the Pharisees, or even the Tax collector at the back of the temple. the Meek shall inherit the earth, and Bush is anything but.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oca admits to not knowing "shit about sikhs" and I can testify he doesn't know shit about much else either. If you can believe it, his curiosity level is even less than gwb admits to having.